AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder how the parents would have handled it if the oldest daughter had been caught doing this to her young brothers. Somehow I think her punishment would have been much harsher than Josh's was. Just speculating.

I have been wondering if a NON God fearing person of age 14 broke into the home and did the exact same thing, would the Duggars feel that talking to a pervert and building some birdhouses was suitable punishment for him? And God forbid if this were to happen, but if someone does something to one of Josh's kids ( assuming it would not be him) then will he recommend the same punishment? Something tells me Oh He** no .

No wonder she missed the warning signs in her own house then.

I'll probably be shot down for this, but I really do think there is a great chance that the extreme sexual repression in the household (while parents made a huge show of propagating the species) played a role in this, and Josh may have grown into a man with normal sexual appetites now that he is married and doesn't have to repress his own sexuality so much, it's probably way too much to ask, but it would be great if he learned the lesson and let his kids have a little more chance to have some sexual outlet during their teen years.

Yeah, I know, no chance, they'll probably all be wearing those neck to knee garments too.

BBM I agree with this quite a bit. I'm not discounting the idea that he may have been abused somewhere along the line but just being 100% repressed at all times could have caused some of this. If his victims were older, more 'peer' age I would think he may have 'normal ' sexual tendencies as an adult. But given the victims ages, I just don't think that's the case.

One of the comments under this article:

"Inappropriate relations between siblings that are isolated from the world, left to raise each other, and fed an extremist version of Christianity. Somehow that single statement manages to describe both the Duggars AND the plot to Flowers in the Attic" :thinking:

Whoa......nice catch!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-admits-child-molestation.html#ixzz3asPk26bR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'd be a little worried about the children of anyone who writes to a child molester that it's no big deal, we all have skeletons in the closet...

Certainly after being disciplined over the first incidents he knew it was wrong but he did it again, several times.

I hope Anna is watching their kids like a hawk.

Where are his hands....? :D

https://twitter.com/joshduggar/status/571122758685462528/photo/1

B-0JHk-VIAIsX8B.jpg

Lol, God bless America!

I wanted to touch on this topic from a few pages back, re: the girls and their husbands..

They are currently the most popular part of the show - their weddings, babies, lives. All that stuff is the highest rated part of the program.

1. How bad do you think it bothers the Christian Patriarchal mindset that people couldn't care less about the boys and care way more about the girls' lives? Ha!

2. Although I am not a fan of the lifestyle or the parents, and have done a lot of research over the years on their cult, I would like to see a show continue featuring the older girls, for a few reasons:

- The men they've married (those who have married) ARE still conservative Christians, but come from less restrictive families than the Duggars. I believe their mothers even wear pants. ;)

-The girls and their families will benefit from the income, including being able to continue financial independence from the parents. Seewald can support his family, but the other one currently works for JimBob. This could help them break free of that.

-Jana, the oldest daughter who is not married has expressed her intent to leave home and attend college. Real college! This is NOT the norm and without her own income, subject to support from JimBob and Michelle.

-It would, admittedly, be such delicious schadenfreude to see Josh lose it all while his sisters prosper. ;)

Ben's parents have a blog post that is just mind blowing (to me, anyway). I don't think we're allowed to post the link, so I won't. But...it's out there, if you want to read it.

FWIW, Mr. Seewald does say two things: that Josh's actions were terrible (paraphrasing), and that none of the victims should blame themselves, or are to blame (again, paraphrasing). So I give him credit for that.

In any event, what would you do in Europe? There are a lot of unisex bathrooms there.

In Europe, there are also no holes between the door and the wall. The door shuts tightly, offering full privacy. I find the US bathroom stalls to be very disturbing. I have to put toilet papers on both sides to give myself the chance of using the bathroom without seeing people moving about, or worst, without them being able to glance at me.

Something I've been wondering... Men and boys in the Gothardland are like leaves on the wind, slaves to their visual perceptions, apt to fall apart at the sight of an indecent female ankle, and struggling to resist their compulsion to rape babies and toddlers every time they have to change a diaper....

So how on earth do they arrive at the conclusion that these poor creatures with no self control whatsoever should be in charge... how do they reconcile making these animals the heads of families, preferably with lots of little kids?

I'd think it'd make more sense to lock them up and tell them for pete's sake don't ever have kids.

When crimes are exposed by public figures, so is the amount of ignorance that still exists in a good portion of society.

Forgiveness and forgetting things happened are not the same. Some would like nothing more than for these things to just go away and be forgotten about. Is it easier for some to have empathy for the offender, than it is to accept the painful truth that there are no barriers with crimes of this nature and it can happen, anytime, in anyone's home?

What better way to attempt to deflect and fuel the denial than to campaign about fear of strangers sneaking into public restrooms to harm children. Let's just "forget" that it happened under ones on roof by ones own child.

I think there is a lot of denial, deflection and pretending that goes on in this family.

So many are willing to follow the teachings of these cult like leaders, even when the fall off the edge of the cliff. By refusing to read the huge amount of research that is available and listening to the many stories of victims, it keeps the ignorance alive and well when you are in a position where others look up to you.

The goal of these cult like leaders, is to draw as many as they can into their bubble. This is yet another reminder, not to follow and idolize. Things are never as good as they appear on the outside looking in. You can't deny reality exists. By doing so and teaching others to do so, it makes them very vulnerable to the real world and all the scams that exist.

Ben's parents have a blog post that is just mind blowing (to me, anyway). I don't think we're allowed to post the link, so I won't. But...it's out there, if you want to read it.

I just started reading it :facepalm: I was looking at the photo of the Duggar family with all the spouses, and didn't realize Anna was Josh's wife, at first I thought she was one of the Duggar girls. She fits right in and looks like she could be one of them.

Something I've been wondering... Men and boys in the Gothardland are like leaves on the wind, slaves to their visual perceptions, apt to fall apart at the sight of an indecent female ankle, and struggling to resist their compulsion to rape babies and toddlers every time they have to change a diaper....

So how on earth do they arrive at the conclusion that these poor creatures with no self control whatsoever should be in charge... how do they reconcile making these animals the heads of families, preferably with lots of little kids?

I'd think it'd make more sense to lock them up and tell them for pete's sake don't ever have kids.

Right! If the man is wise enough to lead the family without question, then why can't he see the sight of a woman's skin without getting all jelly legged? It's ILLOGICAL at best and yet....... continues. Some of the very hard core zealots in my extended family still live like this. It's BS. In summer the boys are allowed to wear shorts and tank tops but not the girls..... we're in Texas , FGS . If the boy cannot see flesh without flipping out, maybe THEY should be locked in the house !

Josh Duggar Cancels Appearance at Christian Home-School Convention in Sandusky, OH Amid Molestation Allegations

Corinne Heller, eonline
11 hours ago

A scheduled speaking engagement by 19 Kids and Counting star and conservative activist Josh Duggar has been canceled in wake of recently unearthed allegations that he molested five underage girls when he was a teenager, marking the latest career setback for the eldest child in the famous reality show family...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150523/b659611/

Imo he may not face criminal charges and escape the legal process but the court of public opinion will castrate him. In our society the worst thing one's name can be tied to is child molestation even as a teenager. There are people gleeful to see this family's fall from grace and are happy they are experiencing their Jimmy Swaggart moment. Jmo

ciao

I just started reading it :facepalm: I was looking at the photo of the Duggar family with all the spouses, and didn't realize Anna was Josh's wife, at first I thought she was one of the Duggar girls. She fits right in and looks like she could be one of them.

Yes! I was looking at one of their pictures wondering why his wife was not pictured. I thought she was a sister!

Perhaps not the best of ideas to set yourself up to be America's perfect TV parents if you know that you've secretly brought up a child molester...

Michelle accepted a Mother of the Year award in 2004 and 2010

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/wat...-award-from-pastor-who-resigned-for-adultery/

In the video the presenter says Jim Bob and Michelle have singlehandedly saved lots of babies from abortion, lots of marriages from breaking up, lots of girls from going the way of sin (I don't know if I missed but I didn't notice them saying anything about boys...)

Perhaps not the best of ideas to set yourself up to be America's perfect TV parents if you know that you've secretly brought up a child molester...

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/wat...-award-from-pastor-who-resigned-for-adultery/

In the video the presenter says Jim Bob and Michelle have singlehandedly saved lots of babies from abortion, lots of marriages from breaking up, lots of girls from going the way of sin (I don't know if I missed but I didn't notice them saying anything about boys...)

Isn't it amazing how SO many of the ministries the Duggars have supported or been part of...include men who have to step down because of sexual sins?

Isn't it amazing how SO many of the ministries the Duggars have supported or been part of...include men who have to step down because of sexual sins?

What it tells me is that a cloistered, holding tightly to the reins kind of life, is not a good thing. I'm not saying we should all become free-range parents; I think balance is the key. Sometimes, in trying to protect your kids, you do more harm than good.

What it tells me is that a cloistered, holding tightly to the reins kind of life, is not a good thing. I'm not saying we should all become free-range parents; I think balance is the key. Sometimes, in trying to protect your kids, you do more harm than good.

I agree. I also think purity based culture is ripe for exploitation and abuse.

They can't help it, if they have seen harlot body contours

JMO I think the culture is setting men up because everyone is taught that if a man strays it's the woman's fault. Or the child's. Someone or other leads him to temptation and it's just out of the question that he should be expected to man up and get a grip and be personally responsible for what he does.

If you're expecting to be a slave to your sexual impulses that's likely what you will be. It's a bonus that it can be blamed on the female.

What's that phrase about keeping your own house in order ?

They can't help it, if they have seen harlot body contours

JMO I think the culture is setting men up because everyone is taught that if a man strays it's the woman's fault. Or the child's. Someone or other leads him to temptation and it's just out of the question that he should be expected to man up and get a grip and be personally responsible for what he does.

If you're expecting to be a slave to your sexual impulses that's likely what you will be. It's a bonus that it can be blamed on the female.

EXACTLY. Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member