DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on another forum that it was reported by one of the local DC reporters last week that the cash had been requested on Monday.

That would have been well before the crime started.

V
Someone had to leave at least SS alone while the money was retrieved form the unlocked car in the garage. If acting alone, would DW risk leaving someone alive and alone while he made sure the money was really there? Would he trust someone from within the family to go down there to get the money? If he had a helper or a ring leader would he trust them to go alone to retrieve the money?

I believe he had a helper who had stashed a get away vehicle. Or he and possibly another left in the Porsche. That car was MIA for 3.5 hours. So, he could have dropped someone off before torching the car.

I would guess all four were restrained so leaving them alone for any reason wasn't an issue. It pains me to picture this.

What does one do with that much money every week? Makes no sense. But does make me go hmmm.
Yeah...It's hard to spend cash like that. Even if it is for big ticket items like cars. We were once buying a car and wanted to use 10k cash and the dealership would not even take it unless we filed all kinds of paperwork and gave them copies of a paper trail. I can't see having that much cash beneficial. Most people use bank drafts...cashiers checks...credit cards..or personal/business checks. Not only is it safer but it's also more practical in my opinion. I'm not so sure if it was a regular thing for him to pull out so much cash....if it was a regular thing... that is suspicious to me for other reasons than what is being discussed here.

SS's hobby was martial arts. So it's hard to believe a small guy like DW could subdue the whole family, especially the father. I have a hard time believing it myself.

And when reading from a Facebook page, SS was described as a Master in the Art. He trained for 20 years. I would suspect his body was a lethal weapon. My husband is 9th degree Master.

There's been a lot of things reported, and a lot of things that were reported turned out to be wrong. At least in the police report, it doesn't say anything about money being requested before Wednesday.

I agree but it wouldn't be necessary to mention that part in the charging affidavit IMO. We've only seen 8 pages so far, I'm sure there are many, many more documents under seal that we won't see until further arrests or charges are made. Because of all the conflicting media reports I'm afraid we won't know what's true and what isn't until then, but we can't be certain something isn't true just because it wasn't mentioned in the first documents unsealed IMO.

I hate to keep coming back to assistant if he is innocent, but we are only going on his word that it was SS that called him. The calls may have come from SS phone but how do we know DW wasn't the caller?

OT: if you have the opportunity to take self defense from a martial arts studio, don't hesitate.

It has been theorized and I agree, that if he had gotten there and subdued Phillip and the women, then SS would have complied under threat of harm coming to them.

I think the media has been gentle on reporting the childs injuries. All he would have had to do the whole time, is have Phillip with him at all times. It would control everyone . They were found seperated so I think that Phillip was the way to keep everything under control.

He and phillip could have gone to garage to get money out of car etc

at the same time one would think there might have been somerthing delicious in the fridge, the whole idea of ordering dominos while committing a felony, is flat out stupid!

And not having the notion that a large residience would not just burn to the ground in a flash also seems just dumb.

. If he had quietly left, after a bite to eat of some lobster(!) and a Porterhouse ! he would have had much more escape time..... just saying

I agree but it wouldn't be necessary to mention that part in the charging affidavit IMO. We've only seen 8 pages so far, I'm sure there are many, many more documents under seal that we won't see until further arrests or charges are made. Because of all the conflicting media reports I'm afraid we won't know what's true and what isn't until then, but we can't be certain something isn't true just because it wasn't mentioned in the first documents unsealed IMO.

We will have to wait for document of police interview of bank person.

I understand SS was CEO of AIW. Is he also owner, part owner? Surely that company is publicly held/traded.

I hate to keep coming back to assistant if he is innocent, but we are only going on his word that it was SS that called him. The calls may have come from SS phone but how do we know DW wasn't the caller?

I would think he would want SS to make the call. A voice calling you asking you to go get 40K of your bosses money would raise a lot problems i think.....

Maybe so. I believe he is either first or second generation Greek. I too am of Greek decent. I'm sure he worked very hard to accomplish "everything" he had in life. He probably took very good care
of his employees, as long as they did a good job. Maybe another reason for the rage with D, he was upset/angry he could not find work like he had working for SS. Breaks my heart, knowing they died that way!!

Yeah...It's hard to spend cash like that. Even if it is for big ticket items like cars. We were once buying a car and wanted to use 10k cash and the dealership would not even take it unless we filed all kinds of paperwork and gave them copies of a paper trail. I can't see having that much cash beneficial. Most people use bank drafts...cashiers checks...credit cards..or personal/business checks. Not only is it safer but it's also more practical in my opinion. I'm not so sure if it was a regular thing for him to pull out so much cash....if it was a regular thing... that is suspicious to me for other reasons than what is being discussed here.

Tis all about this entity called the IRS!

That would have been well before the crime started.

Yes, because as discussed banks need to know in advance for large cash withdrawals. If true, it means crime could have been planned in advance.

And when reading from a Facebook page, SS was described as a Master in the Art. He trained for 20 years. I would suspect his body was a lethal weapon. My husband is 9th degree Master.

I think if he were alone he might bust a move, but with his loved ones in danger, to him 40K must have felt like you want $5 not to hurt my family, I shall get it for you!

What does one do with that much money every week? Makes no sense. But does make me go hmmm.

What if they regularly got $20,000 (two bundles) instead of $40,000 (four bundles) and the flurry of calls was to get $20,000 more than the usual?

I am not a taxi cab driver, so paying in large sums may happen more often than not. But if someone pulled a bundle of $100s out and negotiated cab ride from MD to NYC, I would be suspicious and would have notified LE. So LE didn't find a "trunk full of cash" as reported by media (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html)? I guess it's just a matter of semantics. But $40K isn't necessarily all money perp(s) robbed Savapolous for, if Savapolous had a safe or kept money at the home or if jewelry etc stolen. So perp(s) robbed and murdered family for known amount of $40K.

"Police found more than $10,000 in money orders in Wint's car and a stack of $100 bills and more money orders in the truck, the document said"
(http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/22/us-districtofcolumbia-murder-idUSKBN0O61IY20150522).

Eta: It doesn't say how much $ recovered, but Wint paid $1000 +generous tip to taxi cab driver so obviously less than $39K. So how much was recovered by LE? If amount missing, I wonder if they can track other money somehow, doubtful. But I think if missing $ LE will be able to recover all $ somehow. I think there are co-conspirators or individuals who aided/abetted/harbored fugitive before, during, and after the fact. Jmo/

What if they regularly got $20,000 (two bundles) instead of $40,000 (four bundles) and the flurry of calls was to get $20,000 more than the usual?

I haven't seen any information to suggest that they were regularly getting any bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288