Anne Meara Has Passed Away

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
rest in peace funny lady. Sometimes she didn't even have to speak. She could just "pull" a face, an expression and crack me up.

simply put..........one of the very greats :heartbeat:

:rose: thank you for the laughs and the smiles

2186158621_79e989f6a8_o.jpg

Anne Meara and Bea Arthur*, (*pictured in link, not in this one) went way back. Both great in every way.

May Ms. Meara rest in peace and long be remembered.

:rose:

Funny, funny, lady.

Loved her later-in-life role as Steve Brady's drunken Irish Catholic mum on SATC.

She was gold. She will be missed.

Condolences to Jerry and Ben Stiller. :(

Anne Meara helped establish for at least one young viewer that smart funny ladies are VERY sexy too.

Anne Meara helped establish for at least one young viewer that smart funny ladies are VERY sexy too.

Her son, Ben and I are about the same age. However I remember Stiller and Meara way before I ever heard of Ben. My parents loved the comedy duo and I grew up watching them on shows like Ed Sullivan (yes, I am a geezer!)

Anne Meara was dry and funny and simply wonderful.

I'm a geezer too then- because I think Stiller and Meara before I even consider their son. They were so like my Aunt Jean and Uncle Sid in every way.....it was just amazing. RIP dear lady.

Every time I look at the google news search, she is identified in headlines as "Ben Stiller's mother."

This makes me furious.

As much as I want to expound eloquently on this point, I am reduced to frothing at the mouth with rage every time I try.

So I will just say this.

RIP Anne, you made me laugh a lot of times. And you deserve to be known as more than simply "Ben Stiller's mom," as proud as I know you were of him and his achievements.

Keep remembering Anne Meara and Bea Arthur, who we'd seen at an event once. One of my favorite movies is Zoolander with her son, Ben. Yes, I know... but I can't help but think that she was like my sister, in a woman way.

I'm among the "older" folks who recall the brilliant comedy of Stiller & Meara. That said, two of my favorite performances of Anne Meara are in serious roles on two separate episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. "Dreams Deferred" and "Scavenger" show up periodically during SVU marathons on USA Network. RIP :rose:

She starred with him in I think "Night at the Museum" where she was the woman interviewing him for a temp agency. That was a great cameo to see the two of them together. I too am old enough to remember Stiller & Meara. Wish I could've seen them perform together again. People forget that she was a comedienne in her own right, not just Ben's mother! RIP Anne.:rose:

Anne Meara will be missed for her ability to make people smile. She was very funny, and could be serious. I recall an episode of St. Elsewhere (80's show) in which she and Jerry Stiller starred. Thinking about it today, it still bring tears to my eyes. She was a beautiful lady-inside and out

Anne Meara is featured in "Dreams Deferred" - an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - tonight (Sunday) at 10:00PM (EDT) on USA Network.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back