DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people wear those vests the immediate thought is oh he/ she is some type of worker. Puts others at ease, unsuspecting. . .

<modsnip> Why was DW (or an accomplice) wearing a green vest when he was seen driving the Porsche?

It could be him. It's so brief it is difficult to know without that youtube video to compare.

JMO
You can pause the video (doesn't matter if it's brief). Doesn't look like the same person.

Thanks for that link. Did anybody else notice this? "Police say the incident was in part motivated by money." In PART? Before it was money. Period. So is there something else they are looking at for motive?
Possibilities: revenge - or maybe the Mosler??

Revenge, most likely, considering suspect used to work for the AIW.

tt
It is a 'mechanics tool chest'.

Google "mechanics tool chest" and click on images.

I just googled this and yes, that is what it looked like. This large tool chest, looking to me at first like a dresser, when I didn't know what kind of truck it was. The tool chest was placed up against a side wall of the truck, in the back towards the doors, with what looked like packing boxes to the side and front of it. The clip was only shown for a few seconds, so I may not be accurate. The amount and small size of the boxes could have fit in a van or small UHaul, I do not know what such a huge truck would be needed, unless one of them had quick access to this vehicle. Or needed a garage on wheels for other reasons.

Why does LE think this all started at 6pm-ish on Wed?

It's believed to be the time when SS got home. Though that conflicts with the statement by the AIW employee who puts SS in Chantilly at 6 p.m. The deceased HK was scheduled to leave work at 3 p.m. Was she forced to stay? That would put the killer in the house much earlier than 6 p.m.

He could still be very much involved even if not there

It's believed to be the time when SS got home. Though that conflicts with the statement by the AIW employee who puts SS in Chantilly at 6 p.m. The deceased HK was scheduled to leave work at 3 p.m. Was she forced to stay? That would put the killer in the house much earlier than 6 p.m.

Well, yes
That is my point and as was stated, its based on info from the HK

I am still SMH over the audacity of DW bringing a bunch of his crew back to near the scene of the crime with a box truck. At first I thought the idea that the box truck was obtained to transport an exotic car was beyond preposterous, but I really can't come up with anything that would be a) valuable enough to risk getting caught, b) big enough to require a box truck for transport, and c) mobile enough to have been removed from the house without a truck to begin with. That is either a car, or something not related to the crime under discussion here.

Not sure why you think they were headed back to the house, which is still guarded by police. The house was > 10 miles from where DW was pulled over and arrested. They could have been going anywhere.

So do you think he was going to back to the crime scene to get the car? Because the cars are all accounted for.

Are they? Is there a link? I may have missed it. If they are all accounted for, then obviously, he wasn't going back for a car.

Des anyone know is Phillip went to school on Weds?

The defense is arguing that it is not him because he does not have short hair ....

And Jessie Mathews, who is on trial for Heather Graham case, was first described as so. Perhaps due to when you put dreads in a ponytail/pull back, you only see close to the scalp on first glance.

:moo:

Still :fence: whether it was W-1, defendant or other person running.

Okay, what else have I missed?? How do we know the identity / ethnicity of any of the W's?

you can google him. I thing he looks bi racial. I only watched some of his video,but he wears sunglasses to talk to the camera and hes inside. Could mean nothing,just his style,but sometimes people hide behind sunglasses.

That truck may have been a rolling chop shop.

JMO

So are we looking for someone who knows the values of the SS cars, can get his hands on the specialized Amerit truck, knows how to operate a chop shop and sell the parts. Oh and has short hair and looks clean cut.

Not sure why you think they were headed back to the house, which is still guarded by police. The house was > 10 miles from where DW was pulled over and arrested. They could have been going anywhere.

I don't think they were heading to the house. I can't think of what else he'd be doing there, though, unless he was picking up something valuable that was stashed someplace. When I said, "scene of the crime" I should have said, "incredibly close to the scene of the crime." I would not be caught 10 miles from a place I had committed a quadruple murder/arson, especially after police mentioned DNA on pizza I'd been eating, and especially after I had already made it as far as 225 miles away. I'd have put at least another thousand miles between me and the scene of the crime, not made the distance less than 15 miles.

So why do you think he was back in the vicinity? He decided to double down on murder/arson in the DC area and commit a new crime, but this time prepared with a big truck and a crew to move the loot?

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...y-suspect-in-savopoulos-murder-case/27908985/

"Hines told us, 'Well, there had to be some connection between Wint worked there, like, 10 years ago so there has to be some connection to someone that Wint knows that's working there now that was able to give the details to know about the money and that they could get the money delivered to the house.'"

The money delivery is very important. So is this statement. To my ears it is implying a possible connection of W-1 (delivery guy/assistant) and Wint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12