DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the type of alarm I would have expected the SS property to have. I am truly baffled as to how the perps have got around all the alarm system and the camera system this house had.

They could have demanded that AS, SS, PS or VF give them the codes so they could disable/erase. In the same way they seemed to have demanded everything else.

Maybe it wasn't his decision. I think Wint was calling the shots.

I don't think Wint called everything. IMO SS, after learning the demand for money, explained who would have to be contacted to get a large amount of money on short notice (accountant, executive, bank manager, some calls to AIW). Wint ultimately approved each contact and perhaps dialed the phone. Or maybe the threat of hurting the others was enough. Maybe asking the exec who met with the bank manager to deliver it would raise red flags...he's needed back at work so have SS driver make the trip. He's obviously going to ask fewer questions about leaving $40K in a car without any face to face with SS

That girl posted a pic of her birth certificate with her mothers maiden name..she appears legit.

Well, I have to say I have come to admire the S family and think of them as classy, kind, dignified - based on what we've learned about them thus far. This person, not so much. Going online to make these claims? Not cool.

If she truly wants to reach out to her long-lost cousins, why in the world does it need to be done for the public's consumption? In this time of shock and sadness, that seems very unkind.

JMO.

If that was the case and SS was free from ties to siphon the gas, then I feel certain he would have made a lunge at the perp if he was holding a knife at his son. Even if it meant himself getting killed, he would have freed the son and told him to run, jump through a window, whatever but I don't feel he would have stood, untied while he held a knife at his son. Jmo

Agreed - if Mr S knew that shouting at his son & overpowering DDW,
could give PS a chance to escape.

But, if, if, if another perp was in home w PS ready to injure or kill him
when Mr. S (hypo) called to PS, diff story, imo.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

“This witness is scared talking to the police,” said Howard. “He knows there have been multiple homicides. He's trying to distance himself from it. Certainly trying to make himself as innocent looking as possible.”

Wallace told police that he only knew that there was $40,000 in the package because another employee told him. But police found that Wallace texted photos of the bundles of cash -- apparently to his girlfriend.

Wallace also told police that when he dropped off the money in a red car in the Savopoulos' garage, the car was locked. He later admitted it was not.

“He may decide, well since it was locked, I couldn't have done it,” Howard said. “Or since it was locked, it couldn't have been me. Or since the car was locked, I couldn't have been involved. That may be his thought process. We won't really know until he finally settles down.”

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29173374/savopoulos-assistant

I don't think he was involved and I don't think LE really believes he is involved. jmo

So why kill your meal ticket? I thought about that as well. His staff are the one's to lose the most by his death.

That was my thought when the whole NG/W1 conspiracy was going around. Why would either one of them do this for a portion of $40K?? They make much more than that just working half a year (or less!) They both seemed to have strong personal ties to the family. It just doesn't fit to me.

Of course, people do strange things all the time. For unknown reasons.

Why has LE not spoken with this girl in Florida who seems to know details about the case ($40,000) before MSM? If she is the daughter of SS' long-lost/ex-communicated sister, that could be a conspiracy and a half! Too crazy!

We have no idea that they haven't. Of course, no idea that they have...but for sure no idea that they haven't!

I think it is possible that the phone call to Savvas sister had something to do with obtaining the money, even though she herself has not said that publicly. In fact, she has revealed no details of the phone call that I am aware of.

I think she lives in Florida. How could she help with the money? Also, do we know that the call didn't come from the sister?

If SS needed help getting more cash, he could have called in favors from a variety of business associates, senior employees and elite friends. Yes, it would sound desperate, but he was desperate, and frankly it would have helped him if one of these people smelled out something wrong and teased out the truth in a one-sided conversation.

"Savvas, it sounds like you're in real trouble, and you're in the kind of trouble you can't tell me about. If I'm right, don't argue with me, just listen to me and answer my questions. You're at your house, aren't you? Your family is with you? And somebody is there with you who needs money?"

SS might have had one of these conversations if he'd called someone smart enough to figure it out, someone who knew that SS would never call him for $10K in cash that had to be delivered in two hours.

Do you really think, "no way did he do it," or are you simply not convinced because you don't think any of the things people have been citing as evidence rise to a high enough threshold? Just curious.

Skigirl...I like the way you think!

Ok. From the Greta report it seems the driver job was a big step UP from The "track" W1 worked for was a little track where you take your kiddos for a day or have their birthday parties.

http://www.autobahnspeed.com

Not surprising that a reporter is getting things wrong. The track has a large amount of corporate customers to take clients to and those karts are what JW raced professionally where that was his home track:
http://www.bizmonthly.com/autobahn-speedway-puts-locals-on-the-fast-track/
http://calspeedkarting.com/latest-n...t-grand-nationals-driver-previews-part-6.html
http://www.capitalgazette.com/cg2-arc-140321gn-connections--autobahn-20140329,0,3865526,full.story
Until JW lost his job there, he was working full time at the place that was his home track for his professional racing career with that track also sponsoring his pro racing career when he competed at other tracks. JW as part of his job rubbed elbows with pro racer Kurt Busch who takes people to Autobahn as well as the pit crew for another pro racer and JW had also rubbed elbows with non-racing celebrities there as well. Given the job description stated by LE, I don't think JW was rubbing elbows with celebrity racers and non-racers like he was before and he wasn't getting to be at his pro racing career home track full time like how he was before.

That girl posted a pic of her birth certificate with her mothers maiden name..she appears legit.

I noticed it was a 'certificate of live birth' ... isn't that the form filled out in hospitals & then turned over to the state? Afterwards, you obtain the 'birth certificate?'

I learned one new thing today, that I did not know, nor did I guess it, or surmise it, or think it or opine it, and that is that Witness 1 the driver/assistant, had emailed the photo of the money to …. his girlfriend!!! I had no idea at all. Nor, did I even know he had a girlfriend. Wouldn't it be a trip if his girlfriend is that weird BStone person? You know, the one whose mugshot shows up in Manatee, Florida. Something to do with fraud, I think. Of course his girlfriend is not her.

The other less concrete bit of info that I have been tossing around in my head today is that I think it is possible that the phone call to Savvas sister had something to do with obtaining the money, even though she herself has not said that publicly. In fact, she has revealed no details of the phone call that I am aware of.

Yes, I have thought of that too about the phone call to the sister. I suspect he called others as well, but we'll have to wait and see if that's the case. My heart goes out to the sister.

The Love Story...

He was in a fraternity. She was in a sorority. Sparks flew, and the attractive young co-eds at the University of Maryland soon became a couple.

The decades-long love story of Savvas and Amy Savopoulos looked like it would become a case of happily ever after, until it was cut short when they – along with their son Philip and their housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa – were bound, tortured and murdered in their multimillion-dollar Washington, D.C., mansion on May 14.

Much more at link...

http://www.people.com/article/dc-murders-savvas-amy-savopoulos-love-story

I think she lives in Florida. How could she help with the money?

If SS needed help getting more cash, he could have called in favors from a variety of business associates, senior employees and elite friends. Yes, it would sound desperate, but he was desperate, and frankly it would have helped him if one of these people smelled out something wrong and teased out the truth in a one-sided conversation.

"Savvas, it sounds like you're in real trouble, and you're in the kind of trouble you can't tell me about. If I'm right, don't argue with me, just listen to me and answer my questions. You're at your house, aren't you? Your family is with you? And somebody is there with you who needs money?"

SS might have had one of these conversations if he'd called someone smart enough to figure it out, someone who knew that SS would never call him for $10K in cash that had to be delivered in two hours.

And that person that he called would have had to have been "approved" by DDW, and I doubt he would allow that type of call...that would raise that type of suspicious. That may be me using hindsight, since DDW might not have been the smartest tool in the shed.

But this whole things is being looked at in hindsight, and since it doesn't seem as if SS had "shady business dealings", I am not entirely sure that anyone he called would have raised their "waving red flag". Would you have said "OK, this is weird...but I know this guy and he isn't shady. I am not calling 911 about this!"

We made fun of NG for talking too much, but now question JW for not talking to the media. Haha. His lawyer is probably advising him not to, if he has one.

You're being kind. Many---more than made fun of her, and yet now expect him or others to speak to media

Agreed - if Mr S knew that shouting at his son & overpowering DDW,
could give PS a chance to escape.

But, if, if, if another perp was in home w PS ready to injure or kill him
when Mr. S (hypo) called to PS, diff story, imo.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

The sounds in the background of the released VM will forever haunt me as a parent and a human being.

I noticed it was a 'certificate of live birth' ... isn't that the form filled out in hospitals & then turned over to the state? Afterwards, you obtain the 'birth certificate?'

Do you have a link? TIA

Would JW have driven Philip to school sometimes? Is that how he might have known that the child was home?

I still am having a really hard time believing that W1 wanted to have his little friend killed. W1 seems immature, stupid, and a blowhard. But a coldblooded killer? I am not so sure.

And IF he was involved, would he have sent that $ pic to his girlfriend????

Why was PS screaming while SS was trying to leave voicemail for the maid NG?

I interpreted that as Philip being tortured or threatened to coerce SS to make the call and leave voicemail as instructed, with no variation.

However, I think poor Philip had the right idea in screaming. I think SS should have challenged / disobeyed Wint from the start or at any time after, assuming only Wint was in the house. Since SS could likely identify Wint by name, his best move was to get out of the house. Failing that, he should have blurted out the name of his assailant while on any of his many phone calls. That would call Wint's bluff. "You want to kill us now, when the police will know your name?" Even if he couldn't remember his name, he could say on the phone to the accountant or to his sister, "The welder with the machete is back and holding us hostage!"

At least from the audio that I heard, all I heard was some kind of scream in the background rather than specifically hearing a cry of pain (it may have been, just it wasn't clear to me that it was that). If you're a 10 year old kid and you're being held hostage that alone I think could make you scream and if for instance they're armed and look threatening and scary that too could get you screaming if you weren't already. I think being held hostage would be a terrifying experience to a kid who could break down emotionally without having to be touched.

I still am having a really hard time believing that W1 wanted to have his little friend killed. W1 seems immature, stupid, and a blowhard. But a coldblooded killer? I am not so sure.

And IF he was involved, would he have sent that $ pic to his girlfriend????

Exactly!

And why take a photo at all? Wouldn't showing it to her in real life...since he would have the cash on him when he got home...be much more "awe-inspiring"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021