DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought when the whole NG/W1 conspiracy was going around. Why would either one of them do this for a portion of $40K?? They make much more than that just working half a year (or less!) They both seemed to have strong personal ties to the family. It just doesn't fit to me.

Of course, people do strange things all the time. For unknown reasons.

So true. If SS was able to come up with a bag full of 500K, then my suspect list would widen. But 40k divided by a few people? :no:

So true. If SS was able to come up with a bag full of 500K, then my suspect list would widen. But 40k divided by a few people? :no:

I don't think $40K was the goal that anyone had - that was the amount obtained, not that DW premeditated kidnapping and killing the entire S family for $40K regardless of how many others were involved.

Of course he was his friend. He mentored him in Go Kart racing.

1) How do you know that?
2) That doesn't make him a friend, especially if he was getting paid - that makes him an employee.

I'm thinking W1 was not involved, but his actions are stupid in the midst of an investigation. He hasn't been fully truthful, and I think that is because it's his habit to lie to make himself look good. That doesn't work with LE and I think he was in way over his head by trying to cover some details of the money drop.

As much as I don't particularly like W1 (seems shallow and flashy, imo), I am really hoping he's not involved. I think W1 would be repulsed by Wint.

Of course, evidence might force me to change my mind.

JUST MY OPINION at this time.

Given what we've learned about W1 thanks to his social media posts, I think the S Famly would have been repulsed by W1. I know I am...

Here's where JW's problem comes in. He supposedly delivered 40k to an unlocked car and police recovered ??? 10,000 plus some money orders and $100 bills. If any of it is missing they want to account for $40,000. They are calling for an audit and balance sheet of where the money went, every penny.

People who've landed in the frame as part of the '$40,000 Home Invasion Conspiracy' since this crime started being discussed ..

NG the housekeeper
JW the driver
Florida Relative

People who've been mentioned by media, or commented publicly on this case ..

See list above.

Anyone noticing a pattern?

Prediction: If anyone else is mentioned by media and has an opinion, another relative, another staff member, any friends of any of the players etc, they will also become suspects.

Just saying.

Aaaarrrggghhh another conspiracy LOL!!! She's a relative .. she's hearing her info from other family members.

She is NOT hearing her info from other family members because her mother was cut off from the rest of the family. Family members who would have been briefed by LE are not in contact with the girl's mother. If she was in touch with other family members, she would not be going through social media to try to reach them - she would already have contact information.

I'm not saying she is part of a conspiracy. I'm just saying this connection could really get some peoples' motors revving!

Here's where JW's problem comes in. He supposedly delivered 40k to an unlocked car and police recovered ??? 10,000 plus some money orders and $100 bills. If any of it is missing they want to account for $40,000. They are calling for an audit and balance sheet of where the money went, every penny.

I see your point, but if DW isn't talking (and apparently he's not) how will they know how much was actually delivered? DW could have stashed $$$ in Brooklyn and other places. JMO.

Well, DDW and friends had that money for a week before he was arrested. I am sure he spent some of that money doing whatever. And not sure they will just accept DDW's possible word that he didn't receive all that money.

IF W-1 is involved...I am pretty sure DDW would have said "YEAH, we got $40K but W-1 kept his half...and he was involved like this!"

DDW might not implicate his buddies he was found with, but I am sure he would have no trouble ratting out W-1. Since if he is involved, I would think he would be the "mastermind". Not DDW.

Of course, that is just my feelings on that...

I don't know. It's been said on here that she was the first to break the $40K amount and if she had inside information, she may be a relative or would have to have some way of knowing the information by knowing a participant. They could be con artists who also were behind this where they got rid of the relative they were jealous of and maybe that branch of the family feels that SS cut them out of their inheritance and are going to be contesting the will. Actually if she did break the $40K, I'd be extremely curious how she knew that if her branch of the family had been disowned.

Yes, very odd. When I first read her comment it was the first I had heard of the 40k drop off. And I assumed she knew because she was 'family.' But now I am very curious to know where she got that info back then.:waitasec:

He crashed just like race car drivers do?

I find it hard to believe the young son was racing mid week. However, my kids choice of sports was football and basketball. They had practice mid week. I do not understand the sport enough to comment what is typical or not.

I have no idea if the son was really sick or suffered an injury. No info from his school which I totally understand. The only part I have a hard time understanding is he if did suffer a concussion and AS commented in the media...in the past..how challenging it is...why tell your husband you are going out and rush home because you are going "out". Maybe trying to send a red flag to SS?

I learned one new thing today, that I did not know, nor did I guess it, or surmise it, or think it or opine it, and that is that Witness 1 the driver/assistant, had emailed the photo of the money to …. his girlfriend!!! I had no idea at all. Nor, did I even know he had a girlfriend. Wouldn't it be a trip if his girlfriend is that weird BStone person? You know, the one whose mugshot shows up in Manatee, Florida. Something to do with fraud, I think. Of course his girlfriend is not her.

The other less concrete bit of info that I have been tossing around in my head today is that I think it is possible that the phone call to Savvas sister had something to do with obtaining the money, even though she herself has not said that publicly. In fact, she has revealed no details of the phone call that I am aware of.

I had the same thought :D

People who've landed in the frame as part of the '$40,000 Home Invasion Conspiracy' since this crime started being discussed ..

NG the housekeeper
JW the driver
Florida Relative

See list above.

Prediction: If anyone else is mentioned by media and has an opinion, another relative, another staff member, any friends of any of the players etc, they will also become suspects.

Just saying.

Four people were brutally murdered and set on fire. Anyone who puts himself or herself at the center of the investigation or media attention is suspicious to me. If it was my family or employer, and I was torn up about their deaths, I would not be preening for the cameras and lying to LE. I'm not saying any or all of them are guilty (okay, I think one of them is), I'm saying their behavior is suspicious. They each had the option to cooperate with police if asked, and politely refuse comment to MSM.

Well, DDW and friends had that money for a week before he was arrested. I am sure he spent some of that money doing whatever. And not sure they will just accept DDW's possible word that he didn't receive all that money.

IF W-1 is involved...I am pretty sure DDW would have said "YEAH, we got $40K but W-1 kept his half...and he was involved like this!"

DDW might not implicate his buddies he was found with, but I am sure he would have no trouble ratting out W-1. Since if he is involved, I would think he would be the "mastermind". Not DDW.

Of course, that is just my feelings on that...

ESPECIALLY if W1 had doublecrossed him and kept 2ok. I think DW would throw him under the bus really quick for that.

NG the housekeeper
JW the driver
Florida Relative

See list above.

Just saying.
At least the lawn crew are finally cleared :lol:

I assume you mean JW (not DDW).

For an aspiring race car driver employment with SS would be considered a big step up.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but SS was a high ranking official in an international racing body. From his Obituary I read this:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=174935916

So SS was more than someone who owned fast cars. He was involved in motorsports at a senior level and no doubt had contacts with all the big racing teams. SS could have opened many doors for JW.

Exactly. Much better than making sure the 8 year olds reach 48" on the measuring pole before he buckles them in at the Autobahn birthday party :partyguy:

You aren't the only one...

Took forever to load for me

Here is the comment that was posted:
Amateur race car driver? He worked at a go kart track. He was fired. Savvas hired him as a driver and trusted him with $40,000? Hmm..I have a hunch, but I know them and not gonna say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven