DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 484
Sitting on pins and needles waiting for the next arrest!

I am waiting for the next info leak/doc release

It's also very interesting that he was replaced as PS's coach by another guy not long before that. And he was only hired by SS in April.

SS demoting JW to just being a driver and assistant could be a motive as that would send a message that SS isn't going to be his racing meal ticket as he had hoped...plus SS could have been hinting to JW that his probationary period was coming to an end and he probably wasn't going to be kept on in any paid capacity. The murders also might not have been planned, but happened once the kidnapping happened, but if you only conspired to take part in one crime and it turns into another, you'd still be on the hook for felony murder even if you hadn't plotted the murder and didn't know or approve of that happening. If this was a plot with JW not intending murder as part of it, there would be a strong motivation to give yourself an alibi by placing yourself away from the scene of the crime (which if the idea as JW saw it was the S family would live, JW wouldn't be there). JW on one hand doesn't seem like someone who would plot to kill or who would have anything to do with DW, but on the other hand JW may have seen that his dreams were quickly crumbling before his eyes and became desperate. With the S family following him on Twitter, I'd don't think he'd say anything negative about his employer knowing that they're watching him.

Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway...................why???
great read!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...e-race-car-driver/ &cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Excellent article, I didn't know he was a competition licensed SCCA member.

<snip>

The Savopoulos family had already met Jordan Wallace through the Jessup Maryland Autobahn Speedway, and Wallace had coached young Philip for a while until Jay Howard was hired. “Savvas had mentioned that he had met someone earlier but kind of moved on from him,” said Howard.

Then Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway and contacted Savopoulos in late March looking for a job. “Jordan was out of a job. The kid seemed really nice,” said one Savopoulos associate from the racing world who knew and had met Jordan Wallace. “Savvas said he got fired from his job and Jordan reached out to Savvas.”

Savopoulos hired Wallace in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. Immediately Wallace began posting photographs of him driving the Savopoulos fleet of high end sports cars and tweeting about his new job “Driving for a #DC CEO”.

Even thinking about their situation makes me too traumatized to eat. The pizza could have been the captors' idea, or maybe SS or AS thought by suggesting they order pizza they might have an opportunity to get help. I doubt in the scheme of things they were not too worried about PS skipping dinner.

Even thinking about their situation makes me too traumatized to eat. The pizza could have been the captors' idea, or maybe SS or AS thought by suggesting they order pizza they might have an opportunity to get help. I doubt in the scheme of things they were not too worried about PS skipping dinner.

I was thinking maybe an opportunity to overpower even.

Someone forgot to link this thread on the last thread. :)

Excellent article ...

<snip>

Savopoulos hired [W-1] in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. Immediately [W-1] began posting photographs of him driving the Savopoulos fleet of high end sports cars and tweeting about his new job &#8220;Driving for a #DC CEO&#8221;.

While I still don't think W-1 is part of a conspiracy, it appears now that he was hired only 1 month before the murders. This unfortunately paints a bulls-eye on his back for some role, even if unwitting. I continue to lean toward the theory that W-1 may have unwittingly led on Wint or associates of Wint by talking or sharing too much. If that's the case, that's a heavy load to carry the rest of his days. :(

I think pizza was for DW.
If they were duct taped, wouldn't it be risky to remove it and have them scream?

If they were duct taped, wouldn't it be risky to remove it and have them scream?

I agree that the pizza was for DW. If he had wanted to feed PS, he could have given him a couple of slices of bread, a box of crackers, or something else from the kitchen.

Considering the sound of Philip screaming while SS was trying to leave voicemail for NG, at least Philip was not duct-taped across the mouth at that time. Obviously neither was SS, with all of his phone calls.

Considering the sound of Philip screaming while SS was trying to leave voicemail for NG, at least Philip was not duct-taped across the mouth at that time. Obviously neither was SS, with all of his phone calls.

To be honest, I thought of that after I posted:blushing:

I agree that the pizza was for DW. If he had wanted to feed PS, he could have given him a couple of slices of bread, a box of crackers, or something else from the kitchen.

DW had to have been doing something to get SS's cooperation. I don't think SS would have done all those calls if he thought it was going to get everyone killed. I think it probably was for DW, but DW had to be doing something convincing. If SS wasn't convinced of something, all he would have had to have done is scream bloody murder as soon as he was put on the phone.

Yeah I agree with that, and besides I can't imagine having 4 people tied up that you are beating and torturing and then take a break to eat pizza and then back to beating and torturing. jmo idk

I think DW knows whether he prefers pepperoni or cheese pizza, and he obviously prefers pepperoni.

I think the the cheese pizza was ordered with Philip in mind. Personally I favor the idea that this came from AS in placing the order, hoping not only to feed Philip but also to humanize the situation. "Breaking bread" together, even with one's captor, has had powerful symbolic weight for centuries if not millennia. She needed Wint to see Philip as a human being, to care even a little for Philip as a human being.

However, the gambit failed. Phillip did not eat the pizza, not even one bite. Here I favor the idea that Wint refused to feed him, even with a pizza right there.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but this in addition to everything else should have told SS that Wint had no regard for their lives and well-being. To refuse Philip food served no benefit in getting Wint cash. I presume that there was accompanying evidence of degradation, such as a refusal to allow bathroom breaks. "Will this man allow us to live? Is there any reason to believe this man values our lives?" These are the questions SS should have been asking himself. If Wint showed no ounce of humanity when he needed the family and VF alive, why would he show humanity when he no longer needed them alive? Why would a man with no sense of humanity allow these witnesses to live and be a threat to his freedom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie