DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth.

I know some that gave 2 week notice to their employer only to be let go the same day the notice was given.

If I ever do anything that I don't want anyone to know I will have someone else carry my phone around with them for the day so it will not give me away. j/k ;)

I wonder why he deleted all of his SM? He deleted them before he was named in the fox 5 report. That doesn't sit weird with some of you?

Yes. In certain ways, like deleting his SM, he seems savvy, aware....he does not seem to me like a traumatized employee, too stunned to even check his phone before he gives LE false information.

I'd like to know how SS got to the dojo that morning and how he got home.

I wonder if they found fingerprints other than SS on SS's cell phone?

I wonder if any of these cars were seen in weeks prior since JW was hired...in that apartment complex?

I'm puzzled why LE says this began at 6PM when VF should have been long gone.

Where was the Porsche in the hours before it was burned? I wonder if they had "a buyer" but the deal fell through once the news broke of the to fire and murders. The car was just too hot...so it became useless.

Finally, I saw on Amy's Facebook under "family" that she had jokingly listed SS as "Mother." I think he was highly protective of this wife he adored. And they both were protective of their much loved children. This is just gnawing at me, and I don't know these people...how horrible those long hours had to have been for them. The torture they each endured personally had to be easier than watching/hearing what was done to those they loved and COULD NOT protect. A wife...a sick child.

Tommorrow will be heart-wrenching.

IMO, EVERY person who might have had the slightest involvement in this needs to be scrutinized HARD and deep. No slack. Apologies can come later, if necessary.

I wonder why he deleted all of his SM? He deleted them before he was named in the fox 5 report. That doesn't sit weird with some of you?

Not considering his Dad is ex-LEO.

Yes. In certain ways, like deleting his SM, he seems savvy, aware....he does not seem to me like a traumatized employee, too stunned to even check his phone before he gives LE false information.

I'd like to know how SS got to the dojo that morning and how he got home.

I wonder if they found fingerprints other than SS on SS's cell phone?

I wonder if any of these cars were seen in weeks prior since JW was hired...in that apartment complex?

I'm puzzled why LE says this began at 6PM when VF should have been long gone.

Where was the Porsche in the hours before it was burned? I wonder if they had "a buyer" but the deal fell through once the news broke of the to fire and murders. The car was just too hot...so it became useless.

Finally, I saw on Amy's Facebook under "family" that she had jokingly listed SS as "Mother." I think he was highly protective of this wife he adored. And they both were protective of their much loved children. This is just gnawing at me, and I don't know these people...how horrible those long hours had to have been for them. The torture they each endured personally had to be easier than watching/hearing what was done to those they loved and COULD NOT protect. A wife...a sick child.

Tommorrow will be heart-wrenching.

IMO, EVERY person who might have had the slightest involvement in this needs to be scrutinized HARD and deep. No slack. Apologies can come later, if necessary.

Do we know if they even have SS's phone?
Very good thought about the buyer for the Porsche and then the murders hitting the news, and the car is worthless because LE is looking for it. Had not thought of that.

Not considering his Dad is ex-LEO.

You bring up a great point. Considering his Dad is ex-LEO, wouldn't he have known better than the average person to have simple answers to the most obvious questions they would ask? He knew to delete SM...but he doesn't take that "one second" to check when SS first told him to get the money?

These weren't "tricky" questions like...what was the exact day you met the SS family...

Well, thanks for reminder no me that his Dad was a former police officer. Very interesting.

Do we know if they even have SS's phone?
Very good thought about the buyer for the Porsche and then the murders hitting the news, and the car is worthless because LE is looking for it. Had not thought of that.

We don't know. Maybe it was burned.

They can tell the length of the calls though, can't they? That might be interesting. For example, if the call just before drop-off is lengthy...that's more than the few words to say what W-1 claimed was said.

Also, I wonder if they can tell if a phone is truly "out of range?" Might be interesting to check out?

You bring up a great point. Considering his Dad is ex-LEO, wouldn't he have known better than the average person to have simple answers to the most obvious questions they would ask? He knew to delete SM...but he doesn't take that "one second" to check when SS first told him to get the money?

These weren't "tricky" questions like...what was the exact day you met the SS family...

Well, thanks for reminder no me that his Dad was a former police officer. Very interesting.

I think his Dad knew to remove SM because of the media attention not to hide anything from LE. jmo. Yes, I think his answers are very troubling. I am just not sure about him and would love to know what LE has found so far.

We don't know. Maybe it was burned.

They can tell the length of the calls though, can't they? That might be interesting. For example, if the call just before drop-off is lengthy...that's more than the few words to say what W-1 claimed was said.

Also, I wonder if they can tell if a phone is truly "out of range?" Might be interesting to check out?

They can tell which cell tower the phone was pinging off of, if the phone is on. If he says he was at so and so location, but the phone was pinging a cell tower far away, then there's a discrepancy. But if he turns his phone off you won't know...but that could be seen as suspicious in itself. By the way, the phone pings even when you're not texting or calling, to keep updated time and positioning.

The point about LW & DW being welders is not the welding or level of expertise. The point is they were both capable of dismantling and restructuring cars or knew people who did that (witness the rolling garage) and probably frequented places/people/groups that would be doing the same. For instance, if you need a part for something and somebody says - go see DW, man, he's got a ton of stuff. You go there. You trade a part for this a part for that. It's not the WELDING per se. It's the activities that they were doing that required an ability to weld. AND they both were familiar with that neighborhood. They easily could have known each other at least tangentially.

How does welding equate with the ability to dismantle a car? What car? The only car taken was torched. The maniac was asking for cash. I believe SS, if asked, would have handed over keys and pink slips for every vehicle he owned within 10 minutes of coming home and finding his wife, son and VF in danger. The lunatic instead held them overnight until the bank opened for cash

Here is a profile of someone totally unrelated to this case other than that they work at Autobahn and race. Importantly it lays out how much it costs to competitively compete in professional go-kart racing and how money is an issue:
But without sponsorship, he was couldn't regularly race on a national level. His father, Ron, a retired government worker, said money mattered in these races.

James Postick said that it costs him anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 to race. But for people with corporate sponsors, the price tag can range from $25,000 to $40,000, for travel, equipment and kart maintenance costs.

"You have to stand out from the crowd and be very consistent. It's a lot easier to be consistent when you have huge sponsors giving you money, if you have a big team. ... Speed costs money," Postick said.
http://www.capitalgazette.com/maryland_gazette/ph-ac-cn-gokart-dreams-0416-20150421-story.html
I can only imagine competing at the international level is even more expensive than that to afford to compete internationally in the Kart World Championship.

I don't find anything odd about deleting all SM if you're involved in a public scenario. I'd do the same. It's different when most of your friends/followers are the ones reading your posts. When it becomes thousands of people following a crime case, that is a different story.

How does welding equate with the ability to dismantle a car? What car? The only car taken was torched. The maniac was asking for cash. I believe SS, if asked, would have handed over keys and pink slips for every vehicle he owned within 10 minutes of coming home and finding his wife, son and VF in danger. The lunatic instead held them overnight until the bank opened for cash

Certainly, if they wanted to steal cars, they could have stolen cars.
There would be no need to wait for Thursday morning to get cash from the bank.
But as far as I can tell, all the cars are accounted for (police hasn't been looking for any).
The only car taken (Porshe) was burned. You would think that if there was a plan to take cars, some sort of preparation would have been made to make that possible.

Here is a profile of someone totally unrelated to this case other than that they work at Autobahn and race. Importantly it lays out how much it costs to competitively compete in professional go-kart racing and how money is an issue:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/maryland_gazette/ph-ac-cn-gokart-dreams-0416-20150421-story.html
I can only imagine competing at the international level is even more expensive than that to afford to compete internationally in the Kart World Championship.

That's one reason I do not think JW is involved. $20K would fund him for what, 3 months? He's going to risk life in prison for kidnapping for $20K?

I don't find anything odd about deleting all SM if you're involved in a public scenario. I'd do the same. It's different when most of your friends/followers are the ones reading your posts. When it becomes thousands of people following a crime case, that is a different story.

Certain behaviors will make you appear suspicious and result in the police honing in on you, whether you're guilty or innocent. I would look guilty if I was in a similar situation, because even if I wasn't involved I would delete my internet footprint, immediately hire a lawyer, and refuse a polygraph.

Let's pretend that DW never got caught by way of DNA on pizza crust, then what do we have?
1. Phone call to SS from AS "come home"
2. Txt to JW on wed from SS "need you to make important delivery Thursday AM
3. Txt, call to HK, Amy is sick, VF is staying overnight, don't come tomorrow
4. A scurry of Thursday Am calls, frantically arranging a money withdrawal
5. Assistant meets JW at bank, JW "maybe" drops money off, after calling 10 min in
advance... What time he dropped off?
6. House is on fire 1:15
7. Video of Porsche on fire, suspect running with bucket 5 - 5:30
8. Last call from SS phone is to JW at 11:54
9. JW call SS back at 1:40
10. JW tells police he lied about locked car, picture sent in red bag to GF

What am I missing above. And what would police have to work with? I think JW's lies
has made him suspicious

The end result of a crime does not give us information about what the EXPECTED result was hoped to be.

If two people plan to rob a jewelry store, and one holds the gun and another is supposed to scoop up Jewelry...IF, the gun-holder starts shooting and kills 4 people...and the other perp only has a few Timex's in the bag...that does not mean that they only planned to take a few Timex's.

I think this was preplanned. But I think the planners thought they each would come away with a far bigger pay-off than they did. It's possible that they had a buyer for one of the cars, for example and tried to complete the deal in the hours between the house fire and the car fire. But the torture and murder of four people might have spooked the buyer...so that payoff never happened.

I do wonder about watches, jewelry etc that might have been in the house. Maybe after you commit a crime that went from burglary to a high profile murder/torture case, you don't rush out to "fence" the jewelry. That payoff will wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea