DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are multiple participants in commission of these crimes, it's especially sad that individual(s) may have mis-used employment resources in order to carry out crime(s) or criminal activity. The murder of Savapoulos family and Mrs. Figueroa is sad enough, but if former or employee(s) worked for them only to kill them or someone worked for rolling truck/Amerifleet only to misuse it to steal cars/chop-shops. If other individuals involved used legitimate employment for nefarious purposes, that's just low. There is no excuse for what happened to Savapoulos family and Mrs. Figueroa, but it's not like employee/alleged perp(s) are down and out homeless. It wouldn't excuse it, but it would be more vile if alleged perp(s) took advantage of employer generosity and kindness. Potentially career criminals who also have legitimate jobs is my guess. Anyone else with alleged gang connections besides relative? Jmo/

Criminals being criminals. Sometimes they probably do have jobs.

Just speculating... Even though the 3 cars weren't towed for 2 weeks after, maybe it's
because a new "red herring" came in to play? Amerit truck W/DW on his arrest. Now LE
are focusing on the auto elements. We know the SS family had many expensive cars. Did
they have cars stored elsewhere? Would JW have knowledge about said cars?

The Bentley is unknown AFAIK...but I doubt it in unknown to LE. There was an alleged friend of AS who said she drove a white Porsche SUV, but that has not been seen or mentioned by anyone else, AFAIK. She may have traded that in for one of the other known cars, and the friend wasn't aware of that.

Or they could both be missing, and LE for some unGodly reason, hasn't made that part of the crime. Which I think would be rather strange, considering...but according to many here, there are much more strange things happening with this case!!!

LE is under no obligation to reveal everything they know and all evidence that they have or what everyone is going to be charged with. Also something can be stolen but not missing. LE could know where exactly whatever was stolen is stored - so it hasn't gone missing - and is waiting to see who picks it up to arrest them. We've already seen that for some ungodly reason LE let - at a minimum - DW's after-the-fact accomplices go without having charged them as of now. LE has also strangely said others were involved but the only evidence they've offered publicly is Wint's DNA that he was involved without as yet offering public proof demonstrating anyone else was involved, so LE can know many things and be planning things that the public doesn't know about.

“(Wallace) stated that Mr. Savopoulos instructed him to place the money on the seat of his red car which was parked in the garage on his house. (Wallace) stated that when he arrived at 3201 Woodland Drive, he went inside the garage and located a key to unlock the door to the car in the garage, and placed the envelope on the driver’s seat. After placing the envelope on the driver’s seat, (Wallace) locked the vehicle and exited the garage and closed the door to the same,” read the affidavit.

But during police interviews, “(Wallace) admitted that (he) lied when (he) stated the vehicle was locked, (Wallace) stated the vehicle was unlocked and that (he) left the envelope which contained the money in the vehicle.”

This is the strangest "lie" to me.

What if his first statement was actually the truth...and the JW realized what a blunder he made and quickly told the police he "lied."

Strange that cars that expensive would sit unlocked in a garage that was frequently open (or at least VG says so) and the keys be kept right there in the garage, easily accessible. To cars worth...hundreds of thousands of dollars???

What if the keys were kept inside, which makes more sense. And the cars were kept locked.

That would mean that W-1 had to go inside of the house to get a key.

That would place W-1 inside the house...probably handing off the money, not going back out to the garage at all.

Perhaps, he caught himself after he blurted out the truth and had to brand himself a liar...in order to backtrack..

That could make the bit of information important enough to include in the charging doc.

Or...it could be just one weird lie. And the SS family, for all their other security, treated those cars as if they were off the cheapest used car lot.

Could be anything at this point...I dunno.

What if the car was taken and stored somewhere and that is what they were going to go pick with with the truck? I think it's very unlikely police wouldn't have mentioned a missing car, but I am trying to come up with a reason as to why DW would need the truck.
I'm the friend who said Amy drove a Porsche SUV. She did used to drive this car but it was dark not white and I never said it was white. I'm now thinking that was a few years ago that she had the car. Hope this clarifies that.

Let's pretend that DW never got caught by way of DNA on pizza crust, then what do we have?
1. Phone call to SS from AS "come home"
2. Txt to JW on wed from SS "need you to make important delivery Thursday AM
3. Txt, call to HK, Amy is sick, VF is staying overnight, don't come tomorrow
4. A scurry of Thursday Am calls, frantically arranging a money withdrawal
5. Assistant meets JW at bank, JW "maybe" drops money off, after calling 10 min in
advance... What time he dropped off?
6. House is on fire 1:15
7. Video of Porsche on fire, suspect running with bucket 5 - 5:30
8. Last call from SS phone is to JW at 11:54
9. JW call SS back at 1:40
10. JW tells police he lied about locked car, picture sent in red bag to GF

What am I missing above. And what would police have to work with? I think JW's lies
has made him suspicious

I think we've heard that LE has a lot of video from around the area and have also established that the peeps entered the house in green vests, which they used to look like they had a reason for lurking. And green vests were found.

Also, Porsche driving erratically on Weds. Last seen at the house at 10:30 Thurs.

I think if DNA never existed and subsequently led to the discovery of DW with roughly half of the amount of cash taken from the bank, then based on JW's lies, as LE i would certainly be investigating connections between JW and unsavory characters who might be capable of murder (or even ones who have threatened to kill their own parents!) Part of that would include scouring the records of people in the neihborhoods that JW had lived. In this case, they would have found DW that way. And they also have his DNA. And for all we know they have proof of past communication between the two.

Good question!

HHMMM...I don't see him running like he was with a bucket of gasoline!! It would have been splashing everywhere!! It has been surmised that the gas was siphoned from the Porsche. That makes me most sense to me. It would answer the question as to where he got the gas...and why a gas station in DC would allow someone to dispense gas in an unapproved container (I would think someone doing that anywhere in DC would raise some eyebrows - and SHOULD raise eyebrows anywhere in the country!!)

It just makes the most sense that he siphoned the gas, not got it somewhere else and ran back to the Porsche while sloshing it all around and all over himself. IMO, of course.

Then.... maybe the bucket was empty and he was heading to siphon the Porsche and... torsche! He he. I actually reviewed that video the other day to see if it looked like he was carrying liquid in it. It didn't to me, either. But a bucket for siphoning would make a lot of sense, and then, unless he's really dumb or really likes that bucket, he would burn it too. LE might just have that bucket.

I'm the friend who said Amy drove a Porsche SUV. She did used to drive this car but it was dark not white and I never said it was white. I'm now thinking that was a few years ago that she had the car. Hope this clarifies that.

Was there construction going on in the neighborhood in the week prior to the murders?
I'm sorry about your friends. I bet Amy was a special lady

“(Wallace) stated that Mr. Savopoulos instructed him to place the money on the seat of his red car which was parked in the garage on his house. (Wallace) stated that when he arrived at 3201 Woodland Drive, he went inside the garage and located a key to unlock the door to the car in the garage, and placed the envelope on the driver’s seat. After placing the envelope on the driver’s seat, (Wallace) locked the vehicle and exited the garage and closed the door to the same,” read the affidavit.

But during police interviews, “(Wallace) admitted that (he) lied when (he) stated the vehicle was locked, (Wallace) stated the vehicle was unlocked and that (he) left the envelope which contained the money in the vehicle.”

His is the strangest "lie" to me.

What if his first statement was actually the truth...and the JW realized what a blunder he made and quickly told the police he "lied."

Strange that cars that expensive would sit unlocked in a garage that was frequently open (or at least VG says so) and the keys be kept right there in the garage, e Ashly accessible. To cars worth...hundreds of thousands of dollars???

What if the keys were kept inside, which makes more sense. And the cars were kept locked.

That would mean that W-1 had to go inside of the car was locked to get a key.

That would place W-1 inside the house...probably handing off the money, not going back out to the garage at all.

Perhaps, he caught himself after he blurted out the truth and had to brand himself a liar...in order to backtrack..

that could make the bit of information important enough to include in the charging doc.

Or...it could be just one weird lie. And the SS family, for all their other security, treated those cars as if they were off the cheapest used car lot.

Could be anything at this point...I dunno.

IMO, that lie was a "cover my butt" type of lie. Not because I had anything else to cover.

At the point he was questioned, I am pretty sure he didn't know the full extent of the crime committed. So he said he put the money in the locked car and locked it back up because he left a lot of money in an unsecured car, and it was apparently stolen.

But when pushed, because of the actual circumstances, when asked about how he got in the locked car...he had to tell the truth, because they found no key available in the garage, and he certainly didn't go in the house to get one.

IMO, DDW made sure the car was unlocked, opened the garage door, waited for the money to be dropped off and then closed the garage door and went into the car and took the money out.

I wonder why he deleted all of his SM? He deleted them before he was named in the fox 5 report. That doesn't sit weird with some of you?

I think he deleted it all because of the many pictures with the boss's cars, etc. he knew how bad that would look. It does not mean he was guilty though, imo.

Or it's going to turn out that DW has an associate who is the mechanic that is assigned to that truck.

Which if that was the case they'd still have to have a very strong reason for being part of that convoy and there being a convoy to begin with. If there was no convoy and Wint was caught in the truck that would be one thing, but Wint was in car and if all he's doing is flipping the cash, there's no need for the truck and having a needless convoy with a specialized commercial truck is only going to draw more attention to yourself.

Thanks!!!

LE is under no obligation to reveal everything they know and all evidence that they have or what everyone is going to be charged with. Also something can be stolen but not missing. LE could know where exactly whatever was stolen is stored - so it hasn't gone missing - and is waiting to see who picks it up to arrest them. We've already seen that for some ungodly reason LE let - at a minimum - DW's after-the-fact accomplices go without having charged them as of now. LE has also strangely said others were involved but the only evidence they've offered publicly is Wint's DNA that he was involved without as yet offering public proof demonstrating anyone else was involved, so LE can know many things and be planning things that the public doesn't know about.

I think they would have continued to observe Wint and not made the arrest except that he is obviously capable of unspeakable things and a known danger to the public. I think that is why they let everyone go for now. To observe and protect the public from Wint himself at the same time. Also - I'm sure they didn't want to risk him getting away.

Then.... maybe the bucket was empty and he was heading to siphon the Porsche and... torsche! He he. I actually reviewed that video the other day to see if it looked like he was carrying liquid in it. It didn't to me, either. But a bucket for siphoning would make a lot of sense, and then, unless he's really dumb or really likes that bucket, he would burn it too. LE might just have that bucket.

I read here, but didn't verify myself, that a bucket was shown being removed from his father's house when the search warrant was carried out. Hard to say if it is the same white bucket...my Dad has multiple white 5 gallon buckets. Some in the garage, some in the storage shed.

Though it was reported, also unverified by myself, that DDW was seen hanging out on the porch of his father's house shortly after the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998