Interview with Casey - Is it finally happening this time?

Hello my Friend! (Responding to Jane the Dood)

Sigh...didn't we all know this day was coming one day? And I think the price would be based on how "honest" she is prepared to be. I thought I read that NBC was who brought her to New York. Can they really think a banal interview with "the poor wronged mother" would fly even after six years - when the verdict six years ago made a deep cut of pain and horror right across North America?

Maybe justice in her case is always to be an outcast, always marked as a child killer, and for a lifetime banished from the life she wanted in the spotlight so much that she destroyed the life of the only precious person she had in her life - thinking that was the way she'd be free. Would that be justice?

Maybe.....

And love to all the peeps I call friends here at web sleuths...I'm here - even when I'm not here....:loveyou:

We sure miss you LG. You and Think were the two that kept us up to date. Please think about returning. You are one of us! And I wanted to say grats to Sparky!! I just noticed their Mod status. :)

NBC

Ha! Like they didn't already have serious credibility issues? Wonder how TPTB think giving Casey Anthony air time is supposed to help rectify that big ol problem?

#whataflippinjoke

I'm calling it suicide Beachy.

Personally I hope there is no interview and no money in the near future or anytime beyond.

I also hope there is plenty of "frushstration," resentment and anger on FCA's part when she realizes she has spent all these years in hiding for nothing. Not that she's really hiding since we know she has been seen in bars, etc. Sometimes I wonder if she was really hiding out or just her milking all of the good life she always craved?

:happydance: Hey Jane the Dood! I slide in and out pretty often but this case y'know....still hurts...even after all this time. Now she's had a bit of exposure, let's see if the nonsense starts up again, like the post-it "scary guy" who "threatened her life".....:scared: and all that other stuff we actually had fun with.

I keep thinking when I see that face of hers it won't feel like someone just ripped a scab off....please media folks....no media interviews - nobody needs to hear her lies....and why would you pay for them?

Well the Simon Schuster book stuff went no where (thanks to the public!), so I'm hoping that NBC gets the same response. NBS-Universal...oh, the irony!!

Well the Simon Schuster book stuff went no where (thanks to the public!), so I'm hoping that NBC gets the same response. NBS-Universal...oh, the irony!

I thought that was iorny? lol

Hi R0004! ((HUG)) Nice to see familiar "faces" gathered together again.

Hi all, I'd only watch it so I could say, "Look, that's what a pathological liar looks like; ugly inside and out."

I'm interested in discussing the case. I've only just started down the rabbit hole. Is there a thread where people are still discussing evidence and so on?

Hi all, I'd only watch it so I could say, "Look, that's what a pathological liar looks like; ugly inside and out."

I'm interested in discussing the case. I've only just started down the rabbit hole. Is there a thread where people are still discussing evidence and so on?

:welcome5: Curiouser+Curiouser

Most of the threads are closed but still available for reading. There is some ongoing discussion in the link below.

Hope that helps.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ater-what-do-we-think-of-the-case-verdict-now

Yes, fair enough. There's certainly a LOT of stuff here lol. So I accept that and I have been looking around but for someone coming in late it's quite daunting.

So, if I wanted to post such a thing, an imaginary account from Casey's perspective, would it be appropriate to post it to the "4 years later" thread do you think??

Edited to add: I have the timeline in my head and a picture of how it all panned out and I can't get the damned woman out of mind. I'm going to have to write this thing anyway so I'm wondering what to do with it afterwards. I'd like other people to pick holes in it and tell me where I'm wrong, if they were interested in doing that. For example the Wikipedia timeline has errors and that surprises me given it was such a high profile, picked over case.

Sure that would be fine, thanks for asking :smile:

Bruce Jenner's interview got 16 million viewers (and there was tons of promo for weeks about it). Can Casey beat Bruce? Maybe it is too apples to oranges comparison, but you could say that Bruce was revealing to the world a major secret about herself, whereas Casey will just be saying the same old lies and excuses. I bet NBC will try to edit the promos to make it look like Casey is going to confess or share some new information.

NBC achieved 22 million viewers for the Sound of Music LIVE, the most since '09 in the ER finale. Sound of Music LIVE was similar to Bruce Jenner interview, in that you hear about it a lot before it happened. If the media is paying Casey $$$, they are going to promote it everywhere. That is what I'm dreading.

I feel like anything less than (around) 13-15 million for Casey is a flop. Their shows like The Blacklist and The Voice are getting 10 million + so an exclusive interview where they paying $$ should bring in more. 20 million + would be extraordinary because as you can see from my first paragraph, they rarely get ratings that high. 10-13 million is not awful, but I think it would be a slight disappointment.

ETA: I don't think it's a coincidence that the major network with the lowest ratings is the one that got the interview.

Lastly, if anyone is thinking of boycotting NBC, they are a subsidiary of Comcast. Universal Pictures, USA Network, Syfy, Chiller, Bravo, Esquire, Oxygen, Fandango, The Weather Channel, Hulu are all owned by NBC Universal.

NBC can say whatever they want in regards to if there is an interview in the future. The fact that they don't seem to ne denying is that they paid for her to have first class accommodation to get to NY to have talks with her. They didn't do that for any charitable reasons toward her. They had or still have an interest in paying her for doing an interview, documentary or something else. Nothing will be put in writing until after her civil suits are settled. Then they will help her to hide the money. If it does not fall through between now and then.

NBC's biggest fear is that they will spend $$$$ on the interview and advertising for it, and it will completely flop in the ratings, like < 10 million viewers. I doubt they are worried about any sort of boycott/controversy. They would probably welcome it, because that would mean more attention and curiosity.

I guarantee the interview will happen in July or November. Why? Sweeps.

I bet the interview (if it comes to frutation) will air around July 4th.

:seeya: Yep ... and that would be about 4 years after that verdict which was rendered on 7-5-11.

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Yep, I bet the interview will be in July. Why?

-It's next month
-Sweeps
-Anniversary of the verdict
-Most TV programs air between September - May, so in the summer, the networks are looking for alternative programming to bring in ratings.

Oh you know there will be promos about Casey looking like she is going to confess etc.

I hope it is not a 10 minute interview either.

I think it needs to be an hour or better.

I'm sure they will also ask if she still speaks to her parents etc.

jane the dood, it's so good to see you! :)

I can't, I just can't........... :gaah: :banghead::sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back