Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The first images of the man accused of murdering school teacher Stephanie Scott have emerged after a court hearing today."

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...er-to-face-griffith-court#gTpXEehYS74D4jry.99

150604_raw_griffith1.ashx

From this article, it sounds like Stephanie's family found out for the first time about the sexual assault charge in court too.

So aggravated sexual assault is when there is physical injury? Isn't sexual assault itself already physical injury; isn't that bad enough?! What further injury would account for the aggravated component?

I agree, the 20 minute window is very specific, compared with the original very broad window of something like between 1pm and 7.20pm... Police must have got hold of something to pin it down, and what better way than image-based time stamps...

Her body was only partially burnt. I reckon there would still be evidence of a rape there too.

That's right Xantara, it was deemed aggravated sexual assault as he inflicted an injury on Stephanie during the assault; this is one of the conditions which determines a sexual assault to be "aggravated".

From the Crimes Act 1900:

"circumstances of aggravation" means circumstances in which:
(a) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, the alleged offender intentionally or recklessly inflicts actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby, or
(b) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, the alleged offender threatens to inflict actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby by means of an offensive weapon or instrument, or
(c) the alleged offender is in the company of another person or persons, or
(d) the alleged victim is under the age of 16 years, or
(e) the alleged victim is (whether generally or at the time of the commission of the offence) under the authority of the alleged offender, or
(f) the alleged victim has a serious physical disability, or
(g) the alleged victim has a cognitive impairment, or
(h) the alleged offender breaks and enters into any dwelling-house or other building with the intention of committing the offence or any other serious indictable offence, or
(i) the alleged offender deprives the alleged victim of his or her liberty for a period before or after the commission of the offence.

There may well be evidence of sexual activity, although, she was missing for five days, in damp weather, but that doesn't signify unconsented activity. . its the no consent and aggravation component of these new charges laid today that have to be shored up with hard and definite and defining evidence to make those charges stick. I reckon her non consent was a significant part of the overall event for Standford. .. . he would have recorded that, for sure. . .. that has a trophy element as much as the actual act itself.

I agree, Trooper. The lack of consent part of it leads me to think he filmed the act; no ambiguity that it was non-consensual if it was caught on tape.

That's right Xantara, it was deemed aggravated sexual assault as he inflicted an injury on Stephanie during the assault; this is one of the conditions which determines a sexual assault to be "aggravated".

From the Crimes Act 1900:

"circumstances of aggravation" means circumstances in which:
(a) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, the alleged offender intentionally or recklessly inflicts actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby, or
(b) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, the alleged offender threatens to inflict actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby by means of an offensive weapon or instrument, or
(c) the alleged offender is in the company of another person or persons, or
(d) the alleged victim is under the age of 16 years, or
(e) the alleged victim is (whether generally or at the time of the commission of the offence) under the authority of the alleged offender, or
(f) the alleged victim has a serious physical disability, or
(g) the alleged victim has a cognitive impairment, or
(h) the alleged offender breaks and enters into any dwelling-house or other building with the intention of committing the offence or any other serious indictable offence, or
(i) the alleged offender deprives the alleged victim of his or her liberty for a period before or after the commission of the offence.

Rape is actual bodily harm in itself. So it sounds like it might be a) that he beat her at the same time, or something like that. Or, i) that he might have held her captive some time in the lead up and threatened her.
Sounds like it happened at the school. If he was going to be violent with her in the lead up to killing her, I just don't see how he would have gotten her to go anywhere else with him.

Wonder what device he filmed it on then, if he filmed it.
If it was his own phone, why did it take police up until now to come up with the aggravated SA charge?
Or if it was her ipad, then why throw that in the canal? Not a trophy for him if he does that and it can be recovered! As was the case.

If it was his own phone, why did it take police up until now to come up with the aggravated SA charge?
Or if it was her ipad, then why throw that in the canal? Not a trophy for him if he does that and it can be recovered! As was the case.

There isn't any hurry to come up with these extra charges, this was the date Stanford was to return to court after his initial appearance, just after her body was found when he was charged with murder... I suspect the police saw no gain in charging him with the aggravated sexual assault stuff at that time.. it was all so raw, and it really didn't change the game at all , and I assume it has taken a month or so, even two months , to regulate and catalogue the evidence of these extra charges..

I don't think it was on the Ipad.. it was on some device that he couldn't bear to part with, even though he had a few days clear of suspicion .. some device that he could access in this time, something he thought was well hidden , perhaps....

27E2E09300000578-3051734-Anika_Stanford_pictured_the_mother_of_Stephanie_Scott_s_accused_-m-2_14.jpg

Not sure this attachment has successfully attached. It's another pic of the mother. Hadnt seen this one before.

just thinking on that element of keeping a record of his own crime.. it defies logic, but it is not anything new... the Moors murderers, Myra Hindley, and Ian Brady actually recorded themselves assaulting and murdering a child, then hid that tape ( it was in the days of tape on a recorder) , and hid the suitcase with the tape in it in a railway holding locker.. then hid the locker receipt in the spine of a white leather covered bible in their house. ... neither of them could bear to part with the tape, they kept it, it meant something so significant to them they never thought it thru .

I'm thinking of the children knowing this extra news and realising it all happened at their school or the other teachers who have to sit and work around the area where it all happened.
With this news I'm trusting there is a load of support at that school.
How can the children cope with this??

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...scott-accused-murderer-to-face-griffith-court
Hope the right link has come through...
Just played the video from tonight's news and at the end of the report it is mentioned that, because her body was burnt, autopsy results are still pending! That's another reason why next court date is not till end September.
So that makes it sound even more that police have based the second charge on some other source of evidence, like footage.

Rape is actual bodily harm in itself. So it sounds like it might be a) that he beat her at the same time, or something like that. Or, i) that he might have held her captive some time in the lead up and threatened her.
Sounds like it happened at the school. If he was going to be violent with her in the lead up to killing her, I just don't see how he would have gotten her to go anywhere else with him.

Well... He killed her, didn't he? So that would fall under:
(a) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, the alleged offender intentionally or recklessly inflicts actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby.

He may or may not have held her captive or inflicted other injuries, but this offense is an aggravated sexual assault because he killed her.

maybe there is no video/photo evidence of the rape, there could have been bodily fluids mixed with her blood, he may have used an object and kept it as a trophy, which police found at the scene or hidden somewhere, hopefully the rape may not have happened at the school. it could have been at his place, there were a lot of police markers in photos of his house between the house and garage?

I can't find the article but I'm sure early on police said they didn't believe she was murdered at the school?

I'm thinking of the children knowing this extra news and realising it all happened at their school or the other teachers who have to sit and work around the area where it all happened.
With this news I'm trusting there is a load of support at that school.
How can the children cope with this??

I think, it is unimaginable for everyone.

I myself have a problem to imagine nice Stephanie overpowered by a KingKong. I wanted to never had heard this word.

He was faster in big trouble than he thought before, I think.
When he dumped the iPad, he crouched at the edge of the canal with "his head bending to his feet" (similar to his position at the childhood photo, when he was 11 yo). So you do sit, when you let swim a nice toy and when you are thinking about this wonderful thing and the actions, IMO.
Perhaps VS did very much regret at that moment, that he had to sink the iPad with meaningful mementos on it.

The iPad was the property of the school.

My crazy theory: the rape was filmed with the iPad. Vincent took the iPad home, transferred the video to his computer and then dumped the iPad.

Well... He killed her, didn't he? So that would fall under:
(a) at the time of, or immediately before or after, the commission of the offence, the alleged offender intentionally or recklessly inflicts actual bodily harm on the alleged victim or any other person who is present or nearby.

He may or may not have held her captive or inflicted other injuries, but this offense is an aggravated sexual assault because he killed her.

But the killing is another charge ...?

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...crime-penalties/aggravated-sexual-assault.htm

When Sexual Assault or Rape Is Aggravated

Aggravated sexual assault or aggravated rape is a more serious form of the crime of rape or sexual assault, because the circumstances or the injury are considered “aggravated” or more serious than the circumstances or injury involved in other rapes or sexual assault. Some states have degrees of sexual assault or sexual penetration with first degree being the most serious form of the crime and the equivalent of aggravated sexual assault in other states.

The circumstances that distinguish aggravated sexual assault from non-aggravated vary from state to state. The following are commonly listed as circumstances that elevate the crime of sexual assault or attempted sexual assault to an aggravated offense: ..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea