NV NV - Lake Mead, WhtMale 30-40, UP9127, MGB convertible & Derringer pistol nearby, Jan'88

Any other suggestions? I actually think he may have never even been reported missing since he had no close family. I think he went to NV to commit suicide- as many people do, Las Vegas has the highest suicide rate in the nation. People go there for one last hoorah before they end their lives. I really feel that since he purchased the car Oklahoma, that he was from that part of the country. It seems like if he had been from elsewhere the man that sold him the car would have been able to remark on a different accent, etc. I've been thinking of eventually signing up for ancestry.com or something like that so I could contact others with the last name of Klinge. Is that over stepping?

A last fling in Las Vegas would fit with buying the fancy fancy car that he only intended to use for a short while. I wonder if his mother left him some money that he was spending.

So I wonder if the tag was still registered to the original owner? It says new tags. If they where new tags he would have had to show a drivers license/proof of insurance at the tag office. My big question is who is the tag registered to???

In many (most? all?) states, when you buy a car, you get a temporary tag that gives you something like 10 to 30 days (depending on state) before you have pay the taxes and permanent license fees and get new plates.

Since it says they traced the "last registered owner" it sounds like he hadn't registered the car yet and was still driving on the temporary tag. At least that's how I read it.

Have you seen other cases where someone signed a suicide note with a false name? I'm just curious if he possibly had poor handwriting and someone misread his name? Maybe it's actually Klinger or Kling or even King? I just feel like he didn't intend to go unidentified since he did sign the note.

A lot of UIDs used fake names. Good point about the name...Karl Kling was a famous European race car driver...British MGB? Maybe there is a connection with across the pond...

In many (most? all?) states, when you buy a car, you get a temporary tag that gives you something like 10 to 30 days (depending on state) before you have pay the taxes and permanent license fees and get new plates.

Since it says they traced the "last registered owner" it sounds like he hadn't registered the car yet and was still driving on the temporary tag. At least that's how I read it.

I forgot about that

Where did you see new tags at? I suppose its possible I could have missed something ;) as far as I can tell the car was never registered after it was sold. It could only be traced back to the last registered owner.

Where did you see new tags at? I suppose its possible I could have missed something ;) as far as I can tell the car was never registered after it was sold. It could only be traced back to the last registered owner.

I didn't see new tags. I said it probably had the old plates, which could be traced to the previous owner, and a temporary tag of some kind allowing "Klinge" to drive it until he could get the new plates.

Hm, now that I think about it, that probably means the man who sold the car knew him as "Klinge" as well.

Is there a copy of the suicide note anywhere? I can't see it on the links. Was the note damaged? Klinge can be many things like Klingert, Klingel, etc...

I wonder if we could find anything useful by going through the SSDI for the end of September and beginning of October 1988. It sounds like they looked for people with his name, or similar, but if she had remarried or something, she might have a different name.

Can you tell me where the reference to new tags was? I suppose its possible I missed something ;) as far as I can tell, the car was a recent purchase and the last registered owner knew nothing about the man he sold the car to. Which also suggests to me that there was nothing remarkable about the man like an accent, etc. Which suggests to me that he was from that part of the country.

Carbuff, sorry I was responding to Cindy Lou. I guess my phone is loading this page slowly:)

Is there a copy of the suicide note anywhere? I can't see it on the links. Was the note damaged? Klinge can be many things like Klingert, Klingel, etc...
I have often wondered if the name was misread or something to that effect. I emailed Rick Jones (I believe he was the contact listed on icaremissing.com) asking for a copy of the note and I found icaremissing on facebook and inquired about how they knew so much about the case and I got no response from either. More recently I inquired on doenetwork.org with Nevada's state researcher asking if we could get more details about the note she said she would look into the case, but that is all I have heard so far.

I wonder if we could find anything useful by going through the SSDI for the end of September and beginning of October 1988. It sounds like they looked for people with his name, or similar, but if she had remarried or something, she might have a different name.
I wonder if there is anyway to see trace if someone left an inheritance to a Karl Klinge in 1987. Since as u suggested he was spending money that was left to him. And I also think his mother had a different last name

Probate records are generally public record, so there's a chance. But after only 2 months, I don't know whether there's time for everythign to have been processed.

I'm begining to think I won't find out any new details about this case unless I hire a PI! The researcher on Doe Network so far has only posted the same basic info that you will see on Namus. Hopefully, she is still looking into it. I think the car was a private sale and still had the previous owners plates on it- so I don't think its a lead at all. I'm thinking about suggesting this case as a story to a newspaper in OK, hopefully someone there actually knew him. Not sure what else to try.

Anyone local interested in a newspaper archive search for obituaries of single women survived by adult sons? Tedious, I know, I know!

I see that this case is no longer on the Clark County website. Why do you suppose that is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back