WA - Civil rights activist Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black, parents say #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to make light of the alleged victim's experiences in any way but at this point it might be easier to list all the people who haven't victimized Rachel Dolezal.

"The civil rights advocate portrayed herself as the daughter of a black Oakland police officer when seeking appointment to Spokane’s police oversight commission last year. That blend of life experiences impressed at least two of those involved in the selection process."

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jun/16/police-oversight-panelists-say-dolezal-said-in/

SEE, that's the stuff that bothers me. I don't care if she spray tans and perms her hair in tight ring curls and all that. But getting an important and influential job, based upon LIES---that is just WRONG. The commissioners thought she had life experiences that would enable her to do this job. But she was being dishonest when she described her life experiences and that should not be dismissed so easily. JMO

Someone should go through her CV and see what else she made up.

Dolezal has, in social media and elsewhere, described a former volunteer at the Human Rights Institute in Coeur d’Alene as her father. Albert Wilkerson Jr. is black and has a law enforcement background, but refused to discuss last week whether he’s Dolezal’s father, saying “I don’t want to throw anyone under the bus.”

Well that pretty much says that if he told the truth it wouldn't be good for her.

One of the hate mail letters was reportedly mailed from Oakland.

I also saw a quick blurb on CNN---a small snippet of an interview with her. I think it was the student's thesis interview. And Rachel is discussing her childhood----

she talks fondly and smiles, as if reminiscing, about using the 'brown crayon' when she drew pictures of herself in Kindergarten. But she recalls that her teacher would correct her and hand her the peach colored one instead....

[I really need to hear that in context because I do not get that at all...}

Just announced RD is now under investigation with the City of Spokane for 2 counts of ethics violations. 1) for lying on her police Omsbudsman application 2) for filing "hate crime claim" which caused local LEO to drive by her house hourly for several weeks. Note that the Omsbudsman position allowed her to make recommendations to the DOJ for how better to serve minority populations.

What hasn't been discussed here but has been referenced multiple times in her media appearances is the death of an elderly white man "Shorty" by the horrendous beating from 2 AA teen males. RD referenced this in her interview with the student about "normal" for a black woman. RD also spoke out against a local business owner who put a sign in his window to the effect of Shorty can't breathe.

Just to give WS'rs some history about how she influenced or had power to influence police investigations.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...-for-possible-ethics-code-violations/33595664

I was wondering when something would pop up about Rachel being racially victimized in the deep racist south. The south is too delicious of a target for her to let slip by without a tale of appalling racial abuse happening to her here. Pfft it doesn't matter that she and her parents are white! Or that they never lived in the south! Thank you for not disappointing, Rachel. *slow clap* Ironically you are more racist than all who you accuse.

In December, during a series of podcasts on Medical Lake's Praxis Radio, Dolezal said her family fled the southern United States because her dad had stood up to racist, white cops, “because as, as a black family in the deep south, if you have any type of negative altercation with a cop, a white cop, then where you stood up for yourself, then it was, it was gonna go badly for you,” she said.

The reality is that Dolezal's mom and dad are actually white and are living in Montana

SEE, that's the stuff that bothers me. I don't care if she spray tans and perms her hair in tight ring curls and all that. But getting an important and influential job, based upon LIES---that is just WRONG. The commissioners thought she had life experiences that would enable her to do this job. But she was being dishonest when she described her life experiences and that should not be dismissed so easily. JMO

Whoa Nelly.

It's not all her fault my dear friend. Background checks are not too expensive especially for a position of that caliber.

They was duped due to being sold without verification. She seemed to fit right on in.

Jmo. I think she would have been okay if this never hit the press. I definitely give her a E for effort.

Lol.

I also saw a quick blurb on CNN---a small snippet of an interview with her. I think it was the student's thesis interview. And Rachel is discussing her childhood----

she talks fondly and smiles, as if reminiscing, about using the 'brown crayon' when she drew pictures of herself in Kindergarten. But she recalls that her teacher would correct her and hand her the peach colored one instead....

WTF is wrong with her? Was the teacher perhaps handing her a peach crayon because that was her skin color? Or is that somehow racist...

That sounds like a story Mariah Carey told. When she was in preschool or kindergarten, she drew a picture of her family. She took a brown crayon to color in her father's face. Two teachers stood behind her smiling telling her she was using the wrong color. She said no, that's what my daddy looks like.

WTF is wrong with her? Was the teacher perhaps handing her a peach crayon because that was her skin color? Or is that somehow racist...

My kid brought home this picture of him and the tooth fairy. Apparently tooth fairy is really a member of LE. And... Judging by the color market he used he thinks he's AA.

Like the tooth fairy.

Do we have a creative kid on our hands or a budding RD? I'll let you judge (it's a pretty hilarious and awesome pic, btw)

Sorry for the green blob. Only to protect names :)

e64910db89e468c5394b5d24e6b5aea1.jpg

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Anyway my point is: who the f cares what color kids draw pictures (of themselves or anyone else) in? Nobody!

Eta: except RD! Lol

I know--WTF? Very confusing. Is she somehow saying she ALWAYS thought she had brown skin? LOL ---IDK

That sounds like a story Mariah Carey told. When she was in preschool or kindergarten, she drew a picture of her family. She took a brown crayon to color in her father's face. Two teachers stood behind her smiling telling her she was using the wrong color. She said no, that's what my daddy looks like.

Wouldn't surprise me if she 'plagarized' other people's childhood anecdotes. LOL

Rachel's father is white. So I kind of doubt anything about her crayon story is true.
By the way, I can't understand if she is claiming her mother was married to this African-American man that she is claiming as her father? Or how did it ever come about (in the story she came up with?)
Her actual bio parents were married for years before she was even born.

My kid brought home this picture of him and the tooth fairy. Apparently tooth fairy is really a member of LE. And... Judging by the color market he used he thinks he's AA.

Like the tooth fairy.

Do we have a creative kid on our hands or a budding RD? I'll let you judge (it's a pretty hilarious and awesome pic, btw)

VERY cute picture. I love it. Kids are the very best artists.

Like the tooth fairy.

Awww that is so adorable! Toof Police! Extremely creative is my vote!

I don't even think the crayola thing happened to Rachel to be honest. Her tales of victimization would travel back into the womb if she thought she could get away with it.

Anyway my point is: who the f cares what color kids draw pictures (of themselves or anyone else) in? Nobody!

Eta: except RD! Lol

Exactly. That's why I don't even believe it happened.

Awww that is so adorable! Toof Police! Extremely creative is my vote!

I don't even think the crayola thing happened to Rachel to be honest. Her tales of victimization would travel back into the womb if she thought she could get away with it.

Right? I laughed so hard with H when we saw it in his folder from school. We have it displayed proudly lol (priceless artwork!)

She is such a liar - that's the whole issue I take- no honesty about anything. And now we find out she's on a LE oversight committee that can challenge IA investigations? Nope. Bye Rachel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member