More than one active serial killer in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did want to note that Donna Julane Cook and Nicole Rose Scott were the only two that really didn't fit being near the tracks, but I also don't know where they started out or where they met up with the killer or killers.

Nice work, Skully. I've noticed the same pattern of bodies found near railroad tracks in serial killings in other parts of the country, particularly highway/prostitute killings.

I thought I should post the link to this related thread here. Many of the same victims are mentioned in both threads.
[h=1]FL - Daytona Beach Serial Killer (Ridgwood Ave corridor)[/h]

I have been looking at Daytona and Central FL, but never looked at the East coast much. I know we listed a couple women found dead in Sarasota, but I found that Pasco county has 9 missing women from 1996 to 2009. They have some unsolved murders of women found in the county that sort of fit what we are looking at.

Kimberly Langlois Wilson

On 6/13/1999 Kimberly Wilson was found murdered in a shallow ditch adjacent to the intersection of Delmar Drive and Flicker Lane in Hudson, FL. Investigation indicates she was last seen alive on 6/5/1999 and was killed either June 9 or 10, 1999. I know many of these women are hard to track or come into danger because of the business they are in, but I wonder if anyone is looking at this as a whole. I remember how shocked everyone was when Ted Bundy had killed over 5 states and had 31 victims he admitted too, or they knew about. I also realize that every women missing isn't a victim of a SK but sounds like a lot of women go unaccounted for and never found. Ekkkk

Well the more I look at these cases from Daytona to Tampa, I think there is only one person that is killing these women, but other days I look at how they were killed, or left and think, no it is not all the same person. It is hard not having all the CODs for the women. None were hidden, other than a few that were in water, and those, may well be just really bad hookups. IDK. But there are pattern in time between kills. I count 14 women murdered between 2003 and 2007 and then nothing in 2008. That has to be because of the economy. I believe he got laid off from his trucking job, like so many others when the housing boom collapsed. If he worked in construction, he was done. Everyone was. If he hauled construction materials, he was done. They closed so many projects down and stopped building, homes and businesses. Then we pick up again in 2010 to 2013 for central Fl. Not much for 2014 - to present. But we do have missing women and I haven't checked all the counties. Anyone want to do that for 2014 - 2015? The women were all left like trash on the side of the roads. This person or persons, really hates them and thinks of them as trash. I hope the task force is getting closer, because he won't be taking off time unless he has too.

Knowing that the FBI thinks that the killings in Daytona and the I-4 corridor, from Orlando to Tampa, is a long haul trucker; I started to think about what would they be hauling to bring them to these cites or to go through them and I thought of construction. When I looked at the dates for the Daytona killings they stopped in 2008 with Stacy Gage, her being found 1/3/2008. The housing industry bottomed out in 2007-2008. Lots of companies laid off employees due to lack of work and shipping slowed down to a minimum to reduce costs in 2008. Could this be why the Daytona killing stopped? Did he get a job hauling somewhere else up North? A friend of mine was a trucker and that is exactly what he did, he went up North for 3 years until the economy got a little better. He hauled construction supplies.
This lead me to the Railways in Florida and I found CSX is a huge railway that goes from Brooksville to Tampa, St Petersburg, all the way south around the tip of Florida and back up. But from Tampa there is an arm that cuts through central Florida and goes up to Orlando.
CSX is a huge shipping company for Florida, and they also hire on independent truckers to work for them, they also have 3 large Transflow stations. As I started to think about all of this, it occurred to me, that many of the woman are found by interstate highways, but also the railways; because the railways follow the interstates and have distribution centers throughout the state. This means, trucker load up a large container at the distribution center and deliver them to the next stop or stops.
So for now the one thing that seems to be present in most of the cases is, they are near or relativity close to the Railway or a distribution center or station.
The three Transflow stations that CSX have are located in Tampa, Miami, and Deland, just north of Orlando.
On the East Coast the railway is called The East Coast Railways. I don’t know if CSX is part of this or not, but I noticed this label when I was in Google Maps.
If the SK was a long haul trucker and he was hauling construction supplies in and around FL, the time frame would make sense and the route that we find the women on or around. I do have one company in mind that has distribution centers at all the locations we find bodies, but I don’t know if this is coincidence or connection. The reason is, they have a lot of centers because they are the only supplier for all of FL for their product.

Practice bombs, boat motors, furniture, etc when we were hauling down there Skully.

Do you mean your state? I forget what state you are from, sorry. We shipped in practice bombs? That would be MacDill Air force. Do you know the shipping route? Thank you

One of the things that bother me or I can't seem to image is - How is he transporting the bodies? If he is a trucker, he has a personal truck or a company truck depending on whether or not he owns the truck. So many of these woman were shot or beaten to death, some or most of them were dumped or killed somewhere else. Do you think he is meeting up, going to a secluded place or motel and killing them there and then, putting them back into the truck and dumping the bodies? If so, what about all the blood and clean up? At some point that truck is going to reek, if he misses any thing.

I also think that if he is one person doing all the killings, he will spike in or around September to December of 2015. He may already be active, but many times the bodies go unnoticed for months. But in these cases most are found within days or weeks. I think he wants them found, but not too fast just in case the DNA is not degraded. I do think that Kristin Dunn is the first Daytona murder, but they missed it. I don't know how to add to Texas Lil map or I would add a few more. Demmotra Lowe 12/29/2003 and Tammy Fickey 2/12/2005 both out of Tampa. Notice the connection to Lisa Ann Mowrey. Fickey and Lowe were both found within a block of Lisa's Hair school off East Fletcher. But Lisa's wasn't a prostitute, but was left like the rest of them, off the side of a road, just it took 6 years to find her.

Should we be in the parking lot?

I also think that if he is one person doing all the killings, he will spike in or around September to December of 2015. He may already be active, but many times the bodies go unnoticed for months. But in these cases most are found within days or weeks. I think he wants them found, but not too fast just in case the DNA is not degraded. I do think that Kristin Dunn is the first Daytona murder, but they missed it. I don't know how to add to Texas Lil map or I would add a few more. Demmotra Lowe 12/29/2003 and Tammy Fickey 2/12/2005 both out of Tampa. Notice the connection to Lisa Ann Mowrey. Fickey and Lowe were both found within a block of Lisa's Hair school off East Fletcher. But Lisa's wasn't a prostitute, but was left like the rest of them, off the side of a road, just it took 6 years to find her.

Kristin Dunn does look like a possibility for Daytona. It was 15 months before the .40 caliber came into play, much the same type of victim, very close in age to the first established victim Laquetta Gunther, nude or partially nude when found, from a suburb of Daytona, last seen in Daytona. A witness said her injuries were not apparent when she was found but they ruled it a homicide in short order. I wonder what the manner of death was and if they have any DNA.

She was last seen hours earlier with a 39 year old friend who was considered a POI. I'd love to know what he told them, I'm sure it was something like, oh I dropped her off and so on. I couldn't find anything on him even though he was named in a few articles.

6576.jpg

Crime stoppers had the article and the POI's name. I won't post it, but I can't believe they haven't found him to talk to him and either clear him or not. The article said he left town before they could question him.

Crime stoppers had the article and the POI's name. I won't post it, but I can't believe they haven't found him to talk to him and either clear him or not. The article said he left town before they could question him.

kristin dunn 47(found sept 19, 2005)--last seen leaving with Lindsey Derusha (investigators have learned that the night before she was found dead, Dunn was partying with several people at the Lido Beach Motel on S. Atlantic Ave. in Daytona Beach. Dunn was last seen leaving the motel around midnight in a blue, 1993 Chevy Astro Van driven by Dunn's friend, 39 year old Lindsey Derusha.)...maybe he got rid of the van and went to that 2003 mercury/ford/sable

Somehow I missed this post, I see you found the page.

Does this mean that Lindsey Derusha is still a fugitive ten years later? https://www.usinquirer.com/records/15851604

I'm not sure, it looks like he was arrested 5 months later in Polk county on a out of state warrant. He's not in the system (Fl) now as far as I can tell.

looking further at that link he was in St. Pete in late 07

I'm not sure, it looks like he was arrested 5 months later in Polk county on a out of state warrant. He's not in the system (Fl) now as far as I can tell.

This is why I come here to post and ask questions. Got up today with the intension of finding this guy, now I have a better idea of him and what he looks like and what to look for. Huge Thank you!

I keep going back to the link, but can't see the St. Pete 07 remark. Can you provide it or pm me with it?

This is why I come here to post and ask questions. Got up today with the intension of finding this guy, now I have a better idea of him and what he looks like and what to look for. Huge Thank you!

low ears, attached earlobes--some believe hallmarks of a predator..just saying

kristin dunn 47(found sept 19, 2005)--last seen leaving with Lindsey Derusha (investigators have learned that the night before she was found dead, Dunn was partying with several people at the Lido Beach Motel on S. Atlantic Ave. in Daytona Beach. Dunn was last seen leaving the motel around midnight in a blue, 1993 Chevy Astro Van driven by Dunn's friend, 39 year old Lindsey Derusha.)...maybe he got rid of the van and went to that 2003 mercury/ford/sable

If he was responsible for her death, getting rid of the van makes sense, especially if you are worried about DNA. Too bad we don't know what he was doing for a living during that time frame.

I wonder if that POI thing shows up somewhere in the system if you get arrested in another county? I find the Polk arrest time frame interesting because another woman was found dead with the same occupation, Tammy Fickey, out of Tampa. She was found on a side street off E. Fletcher but she had been there at least a month from what I read on the Sheriff's site. Found 3/12/2005 but they have her as deceased 2/12/2005. Polk is one county over from Hillsborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46