SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have found a weapon from somewhere else. He was bound and determined to murder these people. These type hell bent on murder always manage to find a weapon. I am sure his parents had no clue he would turnout to be a mass murderer. As far as I can tell he didn't have any violent crime convictions. Although I thought it was his Uncle who purchased the gun for his birthday. Millions of young men and women in their 20s own legal firearms. The vast majority never do what he has done nor do they ever harm anyone just because they own a firearm.

And he was 21 years old and would have been legally able to buy a weapon on his own.

IMO

That's very true. He's the type who would find a way. But dad did make it just a tad easier for his son to do this.

Nevertheless, you're completely right that so many young people who own firearms never do anything like that. But that's not the point. Because most of those young people are a) Reasonably responsible; b) Not following terrorist ideologies (which was evident by all accounts by those who knew him, and; c) Not criminals.

Firearms are dangerous weapons. You don't gift a dangerous weapon to a hate-filled criminal. A normal 21 year old who likes to hunt or shoot? That's different.

See that is what I am so afraid of........I don't understand why some have to paint an entire race with the same wide brush. Saying such ridiculous things only incites and that sure isn't needed at this time. The same lady would be furious if a white person said all blacks are terrorists and rightly so.

IMO

I'm not so afraid of that. I think few black people feel that way.

Yet he had FB friends who were black. I just dont get him?????

I know someone who reminds me of this kid. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this person (that I know) is a racist. He likes guns, he poses with guns on his FB. He seems obsessed with guns. He is always making off color and sexist jokes. I'm sure he uses the n-word. He scares me, frankly. Anyway, he has black friends on FB. Part of me wonders if he has those "friends" because he considers them an "in" into the black community or culture, so if he ever did choose to do something, he would have some knowledge (in terms of gatherings, hang out places, ect.).

Someone has opened a 'Justice for Dylann Roof' FB page as a 'social experiment', so they say.??

ETA: just an attention-seeking troublemaker, I suspect.

What do you find disgusting? He will most likely be on death row.

I'm sure you read the post I quoted about Roof having a "difficult" time in prison. THAT is what I find disgusting - the fact that any inmate has a "difficult" time in prison, it should not be like that. That's why we have guards, isn't it? To keep order? Also, we all are aghast when some countries cut off hands and stone women to death, yet we seem to gloat at the thought of a man, any man, being abused by other inmates in prison.

I'm really much more disgusted by the fact that he gunned down nine people as they worshipped in a church.

I don't understand that way of thinking, one horror should not cause another, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm sure you read the post I quoted about Roof having a "difficult" time in prison. THAT is what I find disgusting - the fact that any inmate has a "difficult" time in prison, it should not be like that. That's why we have guards, isn't it? To keep order? Also, we all are aghast when some countries cut off hands and stone women to death, yet we seem to gloat at the thought of a man, any man, being abused by other inmates in prison.
I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic :)

He hasn't been found guilty I know, but if he is...I really don't think Roof will do well in prison. I guess nobody likes it, but looking at him I just think he'll find it very difficult indeed.

I hope so! :furious:

Do we know if LE also has the gun he used?

Ah, I think I see what you thought I meant now. I wasn't sure, but if you thought I meant he'd be beaten or abused, I didn't. I'm not that like that.

To clarify: I think he has the appearance of someone who is physically and emotionally awkward and unable to fit in or feel easy in his own skin. That's built up resentment and he came up with the idea that blaming a certain group of people and shooting a bunch of them dead was the answer to that.

He didn't choose to opt out of life so I guess he's hoping in prison he will at last fit in and be a fully paid up member of some exclusive club where he will feel completely at ease. I think he's going to feel just as awkward and out of place as I suspect he always has. He's going to find out killing people wasn't the answer.

Hadn't seen this earlier, but he was armed when he was arrested.

Sorry tried to link FOX report, didn't work. Thanks

... he just stayed in his room a lot of the time,” Cowles said.
“He used drugs heavily a lot,” Mullins said. “It was obviously harder than marijuana. He was like a pill popper, from what I understood. Like Xanax, and stuff like that.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...church-shooter-gun-birthday-article-1.2262393

..bragged last week about his plans to "kill a bunch of people," sources said.
He flat out told us he was going to do this stuff," said Scriven

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...church-shooter-gun-birthday-article-1.2262393

And nobody was alarmed, they thought nothing of it.
He reminds me of Sandy Hook shooter, loner, outcast, weirdo, personality disorder if not mental illness very likely.,

Whether he hated blacks or not, that's secondary , dude himself like a walking disaster.

Sent via Tapatalk

They knew, and didn't do a damned thing about it.

I want to rage, and cry, and vomit.

If SOMEONE had said something to LE, there would be nine amazing people still with us today.

So angry.

I think he looks like a smug knowitall.

I think that most likely he has been entitled and left to his own devices as is usually the case in these kinds of killings.

Hadn't seen this earlier, but he was armed when he was arrested.

Sorry tried to link FOX report, didn't work. Thanks

That was what made me think that he maybe decided to shoot it out when police found him, but LE said he was being co-operative. So I do think he has decided his life is now somehow worth living when maybe before he shot those people he thought it wasn't. Just so, so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux