SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a small village in WNY, and everyone I know here owns a gun of some type. My husband owns a hunting rifle, but it has been in the family home since he left 30 yrs ago. The only reason why we have it now is because we moved here 1 1/2 yrs ago, and I don't even know where it's hidden.

Roof in the prayer meeting, just before shooting.

ETA It's off a victim's phone! Shouldn't police have that as evidence?

[video=twitter;611644135657746432]https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/611644135657746432[/video]

They knew, and didn't do a damned thing about it.

I want to rage, and cry, and vomit.

If SOMEONE had said something to LE, there would be nine amazing people still with us today.

So angry.

I am too. This kid was far from anyone I would buy a hand gun and gift him with. I dont believe for one minute those Parents did not have a clue as to who this kid was. He hardly displayed any responsiblity. Didn't work. By all appearances had no sense of direction. Yet he is gifted with a hand gun. End of my rant.

I read it was off the victims snapchat. Which of course is on the victims phone, but the friend saw the snapchat and probably took a screenshot or something from their own phone. I don't do snapchat.

I always forget to quote what I'm responding to sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They knew, and didn't do a damned thing about it.

I want to rage, and cry, and vomit.

If SOMEONE had said something to LE, there would be nine amazing people still with us today.

So angry.
I agree with you that this is all so sickening, but I'm not sure what LE would or could have done to prevent this. They can't lock someone up for a crime that hasn't happened.

I think he looks like a smug knowitall.

I think that most likely he has been entitled and left to his own devices as is usually the case in these kinds of killings.

Agree. He looks smug as a bug!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you read the post I quoted about Roof having a "difficult" time in prison. THAT is what I find disgusting - the fact that any inmate has a "difficult" time in prison, it should not be like that. That's why we have guards, isn't it? To keep order? Also, we all are aghast when some countries cut off hands and stone women to death, yet we seem to gloat at the thought of a man, any man, being abused by other inmates in prison.

When I say that I hope he has a 'difficult' time in prison, it is not because I hope he is assaulted or mistreated. I hope it is difficult because prison should be difficu;t. I want him to be lonely, isolated, sad, homesick, full of regret and pain. I don't want him to make friends with other felons, enjoy movie night and have a great time making prison wine and lifting weights.

He's not crazy. He's a terrorist.

In any event, I'm sure you guys have talked about it but who rewards their criminal son with a gun?

Also, these white supremacists have this fantasy of starting a "race war". Even people who harbor bias toward other groups would find mowing down worshippers while pretending to pray with them, absolutely disgustingly evil.

What a monster.

Finally, why does the monster have a little boy's 90's haircut?

This^^^^.

Seems like this hatred and violence is rather nurtured in some people.

And the haircut. Yeah. No. Why? Surely nobody thinks that looks good, do they?

I am too. This kid was far from anyone I would buy a hand gun and gift him with. I dont believe for one minute those Parents did not have a clue as to who this kid was. He hardly displayed any responsiblity. Didn't work. By all appearances had no sense of direction. Yet he is gifted with a hand gun. End of my rant.

My husband and I are ranting right along with you, Bravo. I'm still catching up with this afternoons updates, but if I see one report from the family claiming mental health issues, I will explode. You don't gift a mentally ill person with a .45, ever ever ever ever. And before someone jumps on me, I live with mental illness. My very strong opinion.

I've been snooping around. I don't think that he comes from money. Not sure how well his father knows him. He was born in 94? Dad remarried in Monroe County FL in 1998. JMO

That was what made me think that he maybe decided to shoot it out when police found him, but LE said he was being co-operative. So I do think he has decided his life is now somehow worth living when maybe before he shot those people he thought it wasn't. Just so, so strange.

Truly. It's like mission accomplished it's all good :tantrum: My heart breaks for the Victims. Family and Community. And mankind.

One thing he has in common with all the other young murderers,he is a loner.I don't think he had many if any friends.Maybe he was the weird one or had some quirks that stood out.Either way I think kids turned away from him.My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

... he just stayed in his room a lot of the time,” Cowles said.
“He used drugs heavily a lot,” Mullins said. “It was obviously harder than marijuana. He was like a pill popper, from what I understood. Like Xanax, and stuff like that.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...church-shooter-gun-birthday-article-1.2262393

..bragged last week about his plans to "kill a bunch of people," sources said.
He flat out told us he was going to do this stuff," said Scriven

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...church-shooter-gun-birthday-article-1.2262393

And nobody was alarmed, they thought nothing of it.
He reminds me of Sandy Hook shooter, loner, outcast, weirdo, personality disorder if not mental illness very likely.,

Whether he hated blacks or not, that's secondary , dude himself like a walking disaster.

Sent via Tapatalk

But thank God he didn't have to leave the house to buy a gun. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, son. Don't worry about jail or getting a J-O-B, have a firearm. Hope your addiction and alarming behaviors get better! Happy shooting, love Dad"

Really?

Good luck getting police to even take a report seriously. I've reported threats, cops did nothing they carried out their plans. But, still someone should have reported his threats.

I am actually thinking the exact opposite with this kid. He was/is a coward. He sat there for an hour before doing anything - working up the nerve? Then he told a victim that he was "sparing her so she could tell people what happened" - that right there tells me he was thinking/planning on offing himself afterward (he wouldn't be around to tell anyone). He did it and left - probably driving all night - again working up the nerve to put the gun to his own head - and, again, couldn't do it.

Just my thoughts and opinion - he's a coward. Who else would shoot an 87 year old woman?

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member