Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to see Macro's top five. Here's mine
1. SR
2. SR and PW
3. JM
4. Droc
5. Snuff crew

I'm staying with the taxi theory. Whoever done this had access to or had a fake taxi. I don't believe he knew all the victims and had watched them from a distance. What are the odds he'd be watching them for the amount of time it took to get them out in Claremont waiting for a ride? Seems an awful lot of stalking. To much evidence points to the taxi.

Well, that's certainly understandable.

However, I just wonder at the sort of risk he would be taking, driving 'round in a taxi with his murder equipment stashed in the back seat or the boot. He might have no way of knowing if his next customer is going to have to put their large suitcase/s or sporting equipment (etc) in the boot or the back seat. They might well remember seeing such equipment there and tell the police later on.

I know that, at least from personal experience, I would find it "odd" and rather memorable if I saw some rope, or a tarpaulin in a taxi that I caught...

SR admitted to carrying a stun gun. I think that would be plenty to initially disable them. I am having a serious look at JM at the moment, he is well worth considering. Anyone seen the latest youtube vid from PW. He seems very believable but I guess that 's what they do. As for SR being raided the day before and giving him time to tell PW, They would have been all over PW during that time in so many ways it's not funny. Remember how a cam dropped out of the ceiling on LW head? I think it's a bit naive to dismiss anything in the hunt for this killer including breaking all the rules.

Can anybody remind me of how JM originally entered the picture as a suspect or person of interest? Why was he originally questioned - was it because he was present at one of the venues on one or more of the nights?

Can anybody remind me of how JM originally entered the picture as a suspect or person of interest? Why was he originally questioned - was it because he was present at one of the venues on one or more of the nights?

I'd say because he worked with SS and was friends with JR. He would have been a POI very early on.

I understood JM to have been a casual acquaintance with JR, and worked with SS. It stands to reason he'd have at least met CG at UWA. Perth is a pretty small place, and even smaller back then.
What I don't understand is why he appeared on the CIA show talking about how 'soft' JR was when he hardly knew her, and knew SS better? WTAF?!
He's my number 1 today!

There's more then that

1. LKW
2. PW
3. SR
4. KTH
5. JM (not Judo Man)
6. DS

Macro cast the net very wide.

There's more the that

1. LKW
2. PW
3. SR
4. KTH
5. JM (not Judo Man)
6. DS

Macro cast the net very wide.

I don't know all those. Are you saying JM is not the judo man everyone is talking about?

Is that your list? I seem to recall you saying that LW will always be the number 1 suspect. But the police have said he was cleared, and they are doing familial DNA testing. He has already provided DNA. What more does he need to do to get cleared?

All POI's have provided DNA. LKW's had to come from a court action as he refused to provide it voluntarily. He also failed the Polygraph test, where is all other POI's who undertook the polygraph gave inconclusive results. LKW only took the polygraph after being pressured into it by his domineering mother.

Macro obtained a POI from a project who is KTH. They also obtained a POI from another Macro project (LKW). They obtained the POI, JM through another Macro project and he was under surveillance for a long time, he did a Polygraph and was ruled inconclusive, However they received reports that a woman was asked if they needed a lift by a person driving the same type of car that the company he worked for used. Macro know JM worked for that company during the key period of 1996-97. There was also reports from one of their projects that a male person driving the same type of company vehicle and offered someone a lift and made unwanted advances towards them etc.

DS is a POI from very early in the investigation as he was the friends house Macro think that SS was going to in Mosman Park. DS's alibi is not that solid as it was based upon someone that was asleep in another room.

All POI's have provided DNA. LKW's had to come from a court action as he refused to provide it voluntarily. He also failed the Polygraph test, where is all other POI's who undertook the polygraph gave inconclusive results. LKW only took the polygraph after being pressured into it by his domineering mother.

I've posted this previously but John Quigley, in defence of LW, claimed in parliament that 12 other POI's failed the polygraph. Make of that what you will but he's a fairly credible bloke.

I've posted this previously but John Quigley, in defence of LW, claimed in parliament that 12 other POI's failed the polygraph. Make of that what you will but he's a fairly credible bloke.

Have you got a link or some evidence of this? I think you are mistaking it for the Andrew Mallard case.

Have you got a link or some evidence of this? I think you are mistaking it for the Andrew Mallard case.

He's referring to LW - http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/Hansard%5Chansard.nsf/0/b52e1a6529eecb9a482576e400115ead/$FILE/A38%20S1%2020081127%20p631b-640a.pdf

Musings about Debi Marshall - The Devils Garden

I've never been interested in reading this book until recently because my perception was that there was a fair bit of misinformation in this book and that the book focused too much on criticism of Macro.

I'm half way through it and have learnt some interesting things that I was unaware of.

Some thoughts and clarifications;

Page 7: JR definitely went to Hollywood SHS. I've seen a lot of the tin foil hat brigae claim all girls went to

Iona. Later in the book I noticed DM does say JR went to Iona but if you read the sentence again it's pretty obvious she wrote JR's name when it was meant to be SS.

Page 34: JR was naked. Later on DM claims CG was semi naked. At some point around here DM claims the police told her there was no sexual assault. Certainly possible but I'm unconvinced. Potentially police providing DM misinformation.

Page 34: Apparently JR's watch was found not far from here body but much later. I also struggle to believe they didn't find it in their initial search. The grass was 1m long but still, you think after a thorough search they'd be in their with a wipper snipper and having another crack?

Page 35: DM claims that when police inform JR's parents they have found her body, they tell them that it appears her throat has been cut. The body had decomposed so much they couldn't see the actual cut but swarms of ants on her jugular vein is consistent with a slashed throat.

Page 85: After the CG discovery, the then Head Of Macro Paul Ferguson asked the public, "Did anyone arrive home agitated between 3am and dawn?" suggesting their time line for the dump was same night and potentially reasonably early.

Page 88: "Mick Buckley tells of another informant who nominated three men and a woman as responsible for the killings and who passed the information to a university professor. 'One of the men was a atxi driver and the woman used to travel with him. She had been a patient at a drug rehab centre 2 km's from Wellard, where JR's body was dumped. The cabbie had been driving the nightJR weent missing and couldn't explain his movements between critical hours late that night. The professor passed the information to police, but to my knowledge nothing was done about that. They ignored it'."

Matches Droc's story.

** Mick Buckley was ex-cop and a PI at the time this happened. From what I can tell, he was hired by either CG's

boss or The West Australian (newspaper)

Page 108: Apparently the taxi incident where the woman was grabbed from someone in the back happened in Bay View Tce and not Princess Rd. Can anyone clarify this?

Page 108: The Karakatta attack - man jumped out, put bag over head, put her in his van, and he never spoke. Obviously the victim can't provide description of offender or his car.

Page 108: There was another one in the same year. Girl got into taxi,, he drove her to Lake Claremont Golf Course, and ripped her clothes off before she escaped.

Page 152: DM claims a former senior Macro insider told her that LW has been involved in "very serious and extreme acts of violence in the past".

Is it true or is this an attempt to justify their tunnel vision on LW?

Is LW the "known sexual pervert" referred to on CIA? Because if what is written about him in this book is true, LW is a "known sexual pervert".

Can't recall what page this is on, but LW drove a white Hyundai Excel at the time.

Musings about Debi Marshall - The Devils Garden

I've never been interested in reading this book until recently because my perception was that there was a fair bit of misinformation in this book and that the book focused too much on criticism of Macro.

I'm half way through it and have learnt some interesting things that I was unaware of.

Some thoughts and clarifications;

Page 7: JR definitely went to Hollywood SHS. I've seen a lot of the tin foil hat brigae claim all girls went to

Iona. Later in the book I noticed DM does say JR went to Iona but if you read the sentence again it's pretty obvious she wrote JR's name when it was meant to be SS.

Page 34: JR was naked. Later on DM claims CG was semi naked. At some point around here DM claims the police told her there was no sexual assault. Certainly possible but I'm unconvinced. Potentially police providing DM misinformation.

My understanding is that JR was too decomposed to ascertain whether or not she was sexually assaulted, but she was found naked. Sot it begs the question did she participate is a voluntary sexual encounter with her murderer? Or was she murdered, stripped of her clothes and deposited?

CG was actually found fully clothed I believe, and I'm confident she was not sexually assaulted

Page 34: Apparently JR's watch was found not far from here body but much later. I also struggle to believe they didn't find it in their initial search. The grass was 1m long but still, you think after a thorough search they'd be in their with a wipper snipper and having another crack?

Page 35: DM claims that when police inform JR's parents they have found her body, they tell them that it appears her throat has been cut. The body had decomposed so much they couldn't see the actual cut but swarms of ants on her jugular vein is consistent with a slashed throat.

You'd be surprised just how accurate that information is, my guess it is from a reliable source.

Page 85: After the CG discovery, the then Head Of Macro Paul Ferguson asked the public, "Did anyone arrive home agitated between 3am and dawn?" suggesting their time line for the dump was same night and potentially reasonably early.

Some insects scavenge dead flesh or lay eggs in dead bodies. Forensic entomologists study the kinds of insects found in and near bodies, and by knowing the life cycles of the different insects, and the stages of decomposition when different insects populate dead bodies, can determine the time since death (post-mortem interval) or the length of time the body has been there, if it has been moved since death.
The first insects on bodies are usually flies, including houseflies. Different flies arrive at different stages – some are attracted to newly dead bodies, others will only arrive three to six months after death. Beetles tend to arrive as the body decomposes.

The succession of flies and the length of their life cycles will depend on the location, time of year, weather, and whether the body was on the surface or buried.

Some bees and wasps predate flies and their larvae, and can cause difficulties by removing the insects used by forensic entomologists to study the crime scene.

These sort of observations would have been made by a Forensic Entomologist and passed on to Paul Ferguson quite quickly.

Page 88: "Mick Buckley tells of another informant who nominated three men and a woman as responsible for the killings and who passed the information to a university professor. 'One of the men was a atxi driver and the woman used to travel with him. She had been a patient at a drug rehab centre 2 km's from Wellard, where JR's body was dumped. The cabbie had been driving the nightJR weent missing and couldn't explain his movements between critical hours late that night. The professor passed the information to police, but to my knowledge nothing was done about that. They ignored it'."

Matches Droc's story.

** Mick Buckley was ex-cop and a PI at the time this happened. From what I can tell, he was hired by either CG's

boss or The West Australian (newspaper)

Page 108: Apparently the taxi incident where the woman was grabbed from someone in the back happened in Bay View Tce and not Princess Rd. Can anyone clarify this?

Page 108: The Karakatta attack - man jumped out, put bag over head, put her in his van, and he never spoke. Obviously the victim can't provide description of offender or his car.

Page 108: There was another one in the same year. Girl got into taxi,, he drove her to Lake Claremont Golf Course, and ripped her clothes off before she escaped.

Page 152: DM claims a former senior Macro insider told her that LW has been involved in "very serious and extreme acts of violence in the past".

DM has exaggerated on this one, I would say "acts of violence" would be more accurate.

Is it true or is this an attempt to justify their tunnel vision on LW?

Is LW the "known sexual pervert" referred to on CIA? Because if what is written about him in this book is true, LW is a "known sexual pervert".

Yes he is

Can't recall what page this is on, but LW drove a white Hyundai Excel at the time.

Refer to Italics above.

surely LW is not the known sexual pervert from the CIA doco. He was cleared in 2008 (there is a news article about it).

He also never carried a gun. Why would they say that in the doco? He already has a whole pile of circumstantial evidence against him, plus he got picked up in a sting. If the below is also true then I'm pretty sure I would have had tunnel vision as well.. In fact, I don't actually see how it could be anyone else.

- Suspect #1: a known "sexual pervert". Kept gun underneath passenger seat of his car. Used to drive 'round Claremont on certain nights of the week. Was familiar with the areas of bush where Ciara Glennon's (third victim) body was found. Could not provide any alibis for the nights the women were murdered.

Has anyone ever seen a description of the bike/ biker in the Lina Brayley case?

No he was talking about lw.

not that rayney and mallard are excludeable.

Rayney represented a cop who had to be witness in the investigation into mallard

Matches Droc's story.

** Mick Buckley was ex-cop and a PI at the time this happened. From what I can tell, he was hired by either CG's boss or The West Australian (newspaper).

Plenty there.

Particularly about M and the rehab centre at Wellard.

Droc's initial claims were his suspicions regarding the alibi for the CG abduction.

NOT the JR abduction referred to above.

That sounds like a suss alibi for both nights now if what Droc claimed and Buckley determined was true. Silly man thinking he was eliminated on DNA - and then constantly drawing attention to himself thereafter. Wonder how those new DNA profiles are going?

Also how the alibis of the three men and the woman line up on the nights in question and days following?

We already know Droc himself had a weak alibi - on self admission on BF he was either at home with TT and his gf or working on night security.

Don't buy the same night disposal theory at all. If what was claimed in the book about the decomposition was true, no way forensics could tell a 12-24 hours window variation.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member