GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

Back at home after going to dinner with family but was able to check Jaren's thread before we ordered and was elated to read the verdict. Thanks Queenie B and Bessie for always keeping us up-to-date and calm while we waited patiently for justice for Jaren. Now we just need to see Sanchez put away for life and Jaren can finally rest in peace. Can someone briefly explain what we can expect from her trial and verdict, and does Speaks's guilty verdict confirm that he was the one who actually stabbed Jaren?

Thoughts and prayers for Jaren's family and friends as they relived this horrific crime.

No. The state doesn't have to necessarily prove which one of the 2 actually stabbed Jaren. Just that they both participated in the actions that led to her death. My understanding at least.

There was a lot of discussion about Angela Ball and Hillary Moulder in the early threads. Some of it is in the area of these two posts from Thread #3. There was more discussion in later threads, too.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-05-June-2012-2/page14&p=8038022#post8038022

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?175509-LA-Jaren-Lockhart-22-New-Orleans-05-June-2012-2&p=8038344#post8038344

ETA: Check out this post from Thread #2

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Orleans-05-June-2012-2&p=8047708#post8047708

I found this part of the testimony interesting.

"I had a homeless ministry up in North Carolina that failed. I was just at a point in my life where I didn't want to be me no more," Speaks said.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/terry_speaks_convicted_of_murd.html#incart_river

We had sleuthed that out a few years ago. Now it's confirmed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...12-4&p=8097622&highlight=ministry#post8097622

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Orleans-05-June-2012-4&p=8097485#post8097485

Both Sanchez's next court date and Terry Speaks' sentencing were rescheduled on Wednesday (June 24), with the result being the concurrent hearing dates...

But at the request of assistant district attorneys Doug Freese and Tommy Block, a judge on Wednesday agreed to push back Speaks' sentencing to July 9, to accommodate Block's schedule.

Judge Stephen Grefer of the 24th Judicial District Court also agreed to reset Sanchez's status hearing for July 9. Her trial date is expected to be set on that day.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/margaret_sanchez.html#incart_river

I can't believe I missed this whole trial. Thank goodness he was found guilty. Now for MS.
Thanks to all you Twitter posters. You rock!

Both Sanchez's next court date and Terry Speaks' sentencing were rescheduled on Wednesday (June 24), with the result being the concurrent hearing dates...

But at the request of assistant district attorneys Doug Freese and Tommy Block, a judge on Wednesday agreed to push back Speaks' sentencing to July 9, to accommodate Block's schedule.

Judge Stephen Grefer of the 24th Judicial District Court also agreed to reset Sanchez's status hearing for July 9. Her trial date is expected to be set on that day.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/margaret_sanchez.html#incart_river

Here's a thought. Keep them both on the same date. Put them both in the same holding room while they wait to bring them into the courtroom and just make sure you have a listening device in there. Then just let them sit there together alone for a while. Even if nothing incriminating is said, I'd bet it would be entertaining listening.

Gotta tell ya. Might not work, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of putting them together in the same room at this point, now that you have a conviction. Too late to be developing alibis.

Not sure how many of you picked up on this in the tweets from the trial, but I did a little internet research on the Venus Transit connection to the night/early morning that Jaren left Temptations with Speaks and Sanchez. This website and post in particular caught my attention:

Neptune is on the fixed star Fomalhaut “enchanted and intoxicated by love”, and square the Moons Nodes would indicate some suspicions and mistrust involving family or other close relationships. It may also mean that we reach a critical turning point with negative habits, mainly drugs, but also keeping secrets from lovers such as affairs. Moon with Pluto also suggests crunch time for negative habits and compulsions. This was a theme that kept coming up in the Venus retrograde post.

The overall picture emerging is one of facing up to reality in our relationships. If you have been deceitful in some way, been playing around or have an addiction, then you will likely face a lot of hostility from your partner or even close friends. If you are with someone whose addictions are putting a strain on your relationships, whether gambling, infidelity, drugs or *advertiser censored*, then you may reach a stage where you cannot let it go on.

The great intensity shown in this chart means that any built up frustrations, resentment or anger, which has been poisoning a relationship, must now be released. It might get ugly, I can’t think of an easy way to deal with such things, Sun and Venus square Mars is conflict.

Venus conjunct the Minor Planet Chaos represents a struggle to find order, the conflict between good and evil, Michael and Lucifer. It opens up a gaping hole where we are confronted with all the fear and confusion of the unknown. It ties the picture together really, intense feelings of love and hate, exposing the evil, fighting it, then filling the void a higher form of love. The light at the end of the tunnel is shown by the Moon and Pluto sextile Chiron, the healing of the obsessions or bad habits which have been the source of the conflict.

The people who will feel the transit of Venus the strongest, and probably find it most difficult will be decan 2 Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces. However decan 2 Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius should do particularly well out of it.

http://astrologyking.com/transit-of-venus-2012/

I agree, reedus, it would be interesting to see what these two would do or say in each other's company for the first time since their arrests.

I agree, reedus, it would be interesting to see what these two would do or say in each other's company for the first time since their arrests.

I don't think Speaks would be able to control himself. I think he'd jump all over her, telling her how he's going to make sure she goes down too.

For anyone waiting for the next phase of Speaks's sentencing and Sanchez's court appearance, here is another horrible murder of a beautiful young woman and mother in NOLA that might catch your interest.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ad-in-trunk-car-on-fire-New-Orleans-June-2015

Lindsay Nichols was found dead from a gunshot in the trunk of her burned car in NO East. She was last seen by friends at a club in NO East. I'm surprised that there hasn't been more coverage or updates of her tragic story, especially after the "negligent" death of Jasilas Wright an the unsolved death of Kaylan Ward. Lindsay had been working in TX before recently returning to LA and Jasilas was being taken unwillingly to Dallas when her death occurred. As posted on Lindsay's thread, two other young women from TX (outside the Dallas area) were found shot to death in the same car last week in Baton Rouge.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/12702918-123/two-people-shot-to-death

Coincidental that there seems to be a TX/LA connection in four of these cases?:thinking:

I'm grateful for a guilty verdict and pray Sanchez receives the same.

My husband worked as a DJ on Bourbon street and Jaren was his friend/fellow DJ's sister in law. This case brought scary stuff way too close to home. Hubby and I both working the FQ [I tended bar and served up some mean Hurricane's at Pat O's] but we haven't been back since this happened. We live across the lake and hubby completely changed careers [prior to Jaren's murder, actually]. As much time as I spent there I'm sure to have seen all of them in passing. I never met Jaren but I prayed and continue to pray for her family because no one deserves to die like that. :(

Not sure how many of you picked up on this in the tweets from the trial, but I did a little internet research on the Venus Transit connection to the night/early morning that Jaren left Temptations with Speaks and Sanchez. This website and post in particular caught my attention:

Neptune is on the fixed star Fomalhaut “enchanted and intoxicated by love”, and square the Moons Nodes would indicate some suspicions and mistrust involving family or other close relationships. It may also mean that we reach a critical turning point with negative habits, mainly drugs, but also keeping secrets from lovers such as affairs. Moon with Pluto also suggests crunch time for negative habits and compulsions. This was a theme that kept coming up in the Venus retrograde post.

The overall picture emerging is one of facing up to reality in our relationships. If you have been deceitful in some way, been playing around or have an addiction, then you will likely face a lot of hostility from your partner or even close friends. If you are with someone whose addictions are putting a strain on your relationships, whether gambling, infidelity, drugs or *advertiser censored*, then you may reach a stage where you cannot let it go on.

The great intensity shown in this chart means that any built up frustrations, resentment or anger, which has been poisoning a relationship, must now be released. It might get ugly, I can’t think of an easy way to deal with such things, Sun and Venus square Mars is conflict.

Venus conjunct the Minor Planet Chaos represents a struggle to find order, the conflict between good and evil, Michael and Lucifer. It opens up a gaping hole where we are confronted with all the fear and confusion of the unknown. It ties the picture together really, intense feelings of love and hate, exposing the evil, fighting it, then filling the void a higher form of love. The light at the end of the tunnel is shown by the Moon and Pluto sextile Chiron, the healing of the obsessions or bad habits which have been the source of the conflict.

The people who will feel the transit of Venus the strongest, and probably find it most difficult will be decan 2 Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces. However decan 2 Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius should do particularly well out of it.

http://astrologyking.com/transit-of-venus-2012/

Do you remember when MAS called herself -Sophia Freya Dragonfly on Facebook? I did a little research too.

Dragonflies, or damselflies, were connected to Freya the Norse goddess of love, fertility, warfare and death! Freya was famous for her beauty and her knowledge as a magician. It was she who taught Odin the shamanic practices known as seidr which were still practiced during Christian times. The paired bodies of mating dragonflies form the shape of a heart, perhaps being the source for that modern symbol of love. In ancient lore, the dragonfly represents transformation, adaptation and insight.

Gee... I wonder if she has any insight of what happened at 2:05 a.m. on Wednesday, June 6 2012?

Freyja is accounted very beautiful and sexual. She was originally said to have been married to the traveller God Od, who vanished. She wept and wept for his loss: where her tears fell on the land, they became amber; where they fell in the Sea they became gold, and both are sacred to her.

Sometimes you have do go deep into the psychology of MAS's brain. She basically lives in a very weird fantasy world, where she thinks that she is very important and that her vanity and wanting acceptance is extremely important to her. She is very self centered, but she also lacks self-esteem. By playing these role-model games - she is trying to learn about herself.

I guess the traveller God Od is Terry Speaks?

Do you remember when MAS called herself -Sophia Freya Dragonfly on Facebook? I did a little research too...

Sometimes you have do go deep into the psychology of MAS's brain. She basically lives in a very weird fantasy world, where she thinks that she is very important and that her vanity and wanting acceptance is extremely important to her. She is very self centered, but she also lacks self-esteem. By playing these role-model games - she is trying to learn about herself.

I guess the traveller God Od is Terry Speaks?

Respectfully snipped by me.

I wonder for how long she had been using that name on FB? Makes me wonder if some of this goes back to her days with Zack and Addie in the FQ? Could Od be Zack?

I wonder for how long she had been using that name on FB? Makes me wonder if some of this goes back to her days with Zack and Addie in the FQ? Could Od be Zack?

MAS started using the name "Sophia Freya Dragonfly" in February 2014 on her Facebook Page. I guess it was another alias name like "Margo Starz?" It could have
a cryptic message to TS while he was in jail. I suspect that they had made up some fake Facebook Accounts & other websites to communicate with each other.

Could Od be Zack? That's a good question. She did cry when she mentioned Zack's name on the Final Witness Show.

"Convicted killer Terry Speaks deserves a new trial in the Jaren Lockhart murder case because of his history of mental illness and three failed requests for a mistrial during the proceeding, his attorney says. A motion for a new trial was filed Monday (July 6), three days before Speaks is scheduled to be sentenced to life in prison in Lockhart's 2012 killing and dismemberment."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/07/terry_speaks_cites_mental_illn.html#incart_river

I'm guessing that's what he'd say about why he dyed his hair smurf blue when he tried to hide from LE?

I'm guessing that's what he'd say about why he dyed his hair smurf blue when he tried to hide from LE?

Actually his hair was dyed Ronald McDonald "red " and MAS had dyed her hair smurf blue. :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back