NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW today is the first day of summer vacation for some schools in upstate NY. Not sure about all the way up in Owl's Head. I know they were still in session up there yesterday.

PS - I hear helicopters overhead again today like for the past 4 days or so, at least once a day (I live on the NY/PA border) and also again yesterday crossing the border on route 17/I86 the state troopers were making every single big truck pull off for truck inspection. I haven't seen that NOT happen one single day since the escape. Used to be I"d see it maybe one out of every 3-4 times I'd cross. And they're not even thought to be around here. So I"m glad to see all this beefed up security.

ETA - this time they were checking them in both directions, too, not just heading out of NY and into PA.

Last day of school for Malone School District is tomorrow (same as my youngest) -- unless they had to take too many snow days.

Glad to see someone else is also being held accountable.

Now what I want to know is if Palmer was one of the COs who rented that cabin. Or if he knew the guys who did.

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 33s34 seconds ago
#ClintonCorrectional guard #GenePalmer’s atty says he had no knowledge of escape plan-JasonCarrollCNN on #PrisonBreak
CITeb8FWUAAeKxG.jpg

https://twitter.com/AC360

Oh my, Palmer took Matt and Sweat back into the catwalks? Did I hear that right?

I wish AC would ask if Palmer has any share in the cabin where DNA found

IMO, Tillie is/was covering for this CO: that he had no idea of escape plan
Why would he allow them to use the catwalks: to use hot plates, etc (breakers)?
I'm not buying it

DA: he took them to the catwalks

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 2m2 minutes ago
N.Y. corrections officer faces charges in connection with case involving escape of 2 killers. http://cnn.it/1LCNEEa
CITfdxdUMAAc1KM.jpg

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 1m1 minute ago
Arraignment of #ClintonCorrectional guard #GenePalmer expected tonight - @jasoncarrollcnn on #PrisonBreakNY
CITfFODWsAAwDPr.jpg

I wish AC would ask if Palmer has any share in the cabin where DNA found

IMO, Tillie is/was covering for this CO: that he had no idea of escape plan
Why would he allow them to use the catwalks: to use hot plates, etc (breakers)?
I'm not buying it

DA: he took them to the catwalks

What would he get out of them escaping too??

Hi, all. This is sure anxiety producing, isn't it. As far as residents up in the area helping them, I have family who lives in the area, and my brother tells me that when "Bucky Phillips" was out, (escaped) people in the area were helping him; leaving out things like food, clothes, etc. Also, remember the young guy from Washington/Oregon, the "barefoot burglar, people were helping him. If I recall, he even had a fan club on the Internet, with people cheering him on. So, I think there, in fact, could be people who are assisting him. Look at how many people in the actual prison were assisting them. Just a thought, and my opinion. Thanks, Kat

DA: exaggeration with source re having Tillie having sex in closet 100 times, etc; not even with Matt

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 3m3 minutes ago
His polygraph came up positive he had no idea hacksaw blades were in the hamburger - @dawylie2013 on #GenePalmer

CITgRADWsAAQN1U.jpg:large

Who's next??

Yes, thank you! There's more involved. More who were far more involved than Tillie and Palmer IMO.

I wonder if Palmer will now start singing to get a lighter sentence or plea deal. This could get very interesting.

I think it is very possible. It has been reported searches need to be shoulder to shoulder. We sure have seen the case in searches for Victims. A body discovered feet away from areas already searched.

Yep, that just happened in our area in March. Woman was 10 feet off the side of the road, but was missed by police searchers. Found a couple days later by lady walking her dog. The woods up there are so dense, and the underbrush and ferns and stuff so thick -- you could get under the ferns, and not be seen 3 feet away.

OK, going to say this- BUT isn't it another coincidence that the "sighting" of them was Saturday after the news that about Palmer came out on Friday night? I'm really thinking that Gene Palmer has connections to the cabin and the discovery of them being in the cabin is somehow related to his arrest.

Hi, all. This is sure anxiety producing, isn't it. As far as residents up in the area helping them, I have family who lives in the area, and my brother tells me that when "Bucky Phillips" was out, (escaped) people in the area were helping him; leaving out things like food, clothes, etc. Also, remember the young guy from Washington/Oregon, the "barefoot burglar, people were helping him. If I recall, he even had a fan club on the Internet, with people cheering him on. So, I think there, in fact, could be people who are assisting him. Look at how many people in the actual prison were assisting them. Just a thought, and my opinion. Thanks, Kat

Okay then... I guess I had too much faith in people.

Interesting that Palmer passed lie detector test. Maybe they didn't ask him the right questions??? I'd think some deception would have been detected.

DA: exaggeration with source re having Tillie having sex in closet 100 times, etc; not even with Matt

Maybe, but he wasn't there. The "source" was. All the DA has is what Tillie has claimed and denied.

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 3m3 minutes ago
His polygraph came up positive he had no idea hacksaw blades were in the hamburger - @dawylie2013 on #GenePalmer
I doubt he would've beaten a polygraph (though it's possible he passed it by dumb luck or maybe I'm just underestimating him), so probably he did just get fooled into helping them and didn't realize what he was doing. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater