NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. And even IF Palmer, and Tilly for that matter, provided them the contraband items for escape purposes, P&T can always claim they did it for TV/appliance repair and/or sewing machine repair.

A lot of chains (Subway,etc.) will adjust their hours for purposes of accommodating their local clients? Early risers. Maybe that's the 4:00 am deal?

I'm assuming it's a Subway sandwich shop inside the Moble gas station. Although gas stations themselves stay open 24 hours (at least around me they do), so even if the Subway part was closed there would still be an attendant inside so I don't get the significance of 4 am.

The "Subway" looks far too large to be merely a gas station convenience store or just a Subway.

https://goo.gl/maps/0FwmT

Also, although you can see in the Google Street View that there is no house immediately next to the gas station/subway, Palmer's address can be found online and is somewhere on one of the streets that intersect by the Subway. I'm not saying the address here because that seems like needless personal information, especially if Palmer does turn out to have not had any knowledge about escape plans.

If Palmer was charged for giving them contraband and he did not know it he should not be charged. He did not lie about the paintings that he burned, he knew he was not supposed to have them, any normal person would have burned them too as he wasn't supposed to have them. Is this the best the Feds can do after three weeks? Charge a man who unknowingly gave them contraband? They must be getting desperate. As far as giving them the pliers etc, yes that was a bad idea on his part, probably just has a big heart and wanted to see them use their utilities without blowing a fuse. Sorry, this is nothing like we all thought it was going to be.

Now if they found out who made those holes in the pipes that would be something, I still do not believe the last steps out of that jail were done alone, practically impossible.

Any "normal" person with a shred of integrity would have been forthcoming and said "here, take these, they were given to me as a gift and I should have never accepted them. I am a 20 year veteran CO and I know better than to accept gifts from inmates."

Palmer's attorney just gave the most dreadful interview on Anderson Cooper. If I didn't know Palmer had passed a lie detector test, this interview would have convinced me he was in on it.

He blamed not passing the meat through a metal detector on budget cuts. Anderson shot back and asked aren't there still metal detectors there? He sheepishly said yes.

He tried to spin the focus off his client by blaming Tillie for manipulating several other COs too.

He said if his client was guilty of anything, it was trusting Tillie.

And my favorite part... He said "Mr. Palmer made a simple mistake."

Sure, Counselor...just a simple mistake. No biggie. :rolleyes:

So, just because it was a cheaper cut of meat, as opposed to filet mignon, it didn't rate a pass through the metal detector? [I'm getting a red line under "mignon;" is that not the right way to spell it?!!!]

The guy was a musician, he had been there for 27 years, he is suspended WITH pay, I think this will all go away. I am sure he gave them information he needed to do his job. I really cannot fathom that if the guy was crooked he would have been found out by now. Charges will be negotiated down here, feds need to dig deeper.

Any normal person would have a tough time spending every day rubbing elbows with rapists and killers.

Any "normal" person with a shred of integrity would have been forthcoming and said "here, take these, they were given to me as a gift and I should have never accepted them. I am a 20 year veteran CO and I know better than to accept gifts from inmates."

So, just because it was a cheaper cut of meat, as opposed to filet mignon, it didn't rate a pass through the metal detector? [I'm getting a red line under "mignon;" is that not the right way to spell it?!!!]

Mignon is correct.

I'm guessing they meant state or federal "budget cuts" concerning the use of the metal detector or xray unit as opposed to budget "cuts" of meat.

If Palmer was charged for giving them contraband and he did not know it he should not be charged. He did not lie about the paintings that he burned, he knew he was not supposed to have them, any normal person would have burned them too as he wasn't supposed to have them. Is this the best the Feds can do after three weeks? Charge a man who unknowingly gave them contraband? They must be getting desperate. As far as giving them the pliers etc, yes that was a bad idea on his part, probably just has a big heart and wanted to see them use their utilities without blowing a fuse. Sorry, this is nothing like we all thought it was going to be.

Now if they found out who made those holes in the pipes that would be something, I still do not believe the last steps out of that jail were done alone, practically impossible.

BBM If Palmer wasn't immediately forthcoming with LE about the paintings he received from Sweat, or the tools he passed along, I can understand LE's suspicions. LE must exhaust every shady avenue.

And passing along to prisoners huge chunks of frozen hamburger meat sealed with a wink and a grin from JM? C'mon! I'd be willing to bet further charges are in the works for Palmer. JMO of course.

Right on Dr. Watson - a civil attorney told me once that he would never get into criminal law because you are dealing with criminals and it is dangerous to your mental/emotional wellbeing. Same for a lot (not all!) CO's and LE types.

An 800 square foot house on his salary? Something strange here. I am thinking the same about the paintings - he burned the ones that painted over blueprints and buried the others somewhere in the town of Dannemorra. I don't think we have heard 1/2 the info. he and Tillie have yet.

An 800 square foot house on his salary? Something strange here. I am thinking the same about the paintings - he burned the ones that painted over blueprints and buried the others somewhere in the town of Dannemorra. I don't think we have heard 1/2 the info. he and Tillie have yet.

He probably has a cabin too. They might have gone there before things got hot. Matt could have buffaloed this poor schlub into doing a lot of things knowing he was at a vulnerable place with a sick wife, etc. He doesn't strike me as Mensa material. Sorry to be harsh, but .....

Ok lets assume some of you are correct. Why wait 27 years to bust two murderers out of jail? Money?Like they were the first guys to give him money? JMHO

I think any 'normal' person wouldn't accept them to begin with

the fact that he was in possession of several tends to show a pattern of exchanging favours IMO

Perhaps the cost of caring for his wife zaps his salary?

Also I am watching an episode of "Breakout" right now.
Indiana state prison tunnel escape.

These inmates actually did watch episodes of "Prison break" for ideas.
They also went out through a 24" pipe and came up out of a manhole cover.
There is a news article comparing it to this escape too.

Of course it is missing the meat and other things this one has.

Perhaps the cost of caring for his wife zaps his salary?

Also I am watching an episode of "Breakout" right now.
Indiana state prison tunnel escape.

These inmates actually did watch episodes of "Prison break" for ideas.
They also went out through a 24" pipe and came up out of a manhole cover.
There is a news article comparing it to this escape too.

Of course it is missing the meat and other things this one has.

inmates should perhaps be restricted to watching reruns of Seinfeld and Disney movies ...

also, I feel bad for his wife ...

I was really amazed at how similar the two cases were.
Difference being... the Indiana inmates didn't have any inside help. Fascinating.

Now that I am back on my computer, here is a link comparing it to this case:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...rison-escape-rings-familiar-indiana/71089036/

They called off the search because they didn't know where to look:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/14/indiana.prison.break/

And here is the episode:

[video=youtube;y3loQKGaBBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3loQKGaBBk[/video]

Agree. And even IF Palmer, and Tilly for that matter, provided them the contraband items for escape purposes, P&T can always claim they did it for TV/appliance repair and/or sewing machine repair.
Except for the hacksaws. The lighted glasses can be claimed for sewing.

Yes it's really close to Belley's but also really close to civilization so to speak. The area around 27 and Mountain View rd, Belley's, Wolf Pond rd, Beach Rd, etc is in a clear area. There is forest around but there are also lots of cabins, the restaurant, the bridge to Indian lake, and it's in a clearing so why they would be wandering around there ??
Shelter, clothing, food and weapons. Possible vehicles maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy