NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWCNews (local station) Live: at the presser:

Cuomo speaking: Thank you good evening to all of you I want to thank NY state police, dept of corrections, DEC, FBI, US Marshalls, US customs and border patrol. VT police, DAs, Sheriffs, Platsburgh city police, Malone police, St Regis Mohawk Tribal police.

This afternoon there was a civillian complaint in Town of Duane, a gunshot at a camping trailer, state police investigated, came upon a cabin, smelled gunpowder, LE partners were then notifed and customs and border patrol tactical team helicoptered in and approached the site, they came upon Matt, engaged Matt who was armed and Matt was shot and killed.

We have no reason to believe Sweat was NOT with Matt at hte time but we do not have any confirming evidence that he was either. There are several leads that are being tracked down as we speak about his possible whereabouts but we have nothing to confirm where Sweat is at this time.

I want to thank the residents of these counties, we've had over 2300 leads... etc.. thanking LE..

(IMO he's lying again, they know where he is and he's gonna be dead soon JMO.)

3 weeks, S has to be tired, hungry and hurting.........................I doubt he can do this much longer all alone................JMOO

Actually, it's sounding like they had a pretty easy time of it until they were completely randomly stumbled over in that remote Clinton correctional officers' well stocked camp, complete with bedding and lots of food. After that not so easy, but I'm doubting very much that weeks in the woods, bleeding, bit by flies, and hungry and desperate thing. Sounds like they were hanging out, monitoring LE and waiting for the coast to clear so they mosey on over into Canada..or wherever.

This is the most off the wall presser I have ever seen.

Tweets

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 11s11 seconds ago

WATCH NOW:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo holds press conference on escapees
http://bit.ly/1IiBt0u

okay three links............no one should miss it LOL

just see if he knows anything without reading what somewhat wrote him

here he goes I wanna thank

i wanna say how great LE is

Mr Matt - sounds like a 4 year old

Now he is telling us what we all know

news break Sweat is dangerous

this is an ongoing investigation

ok hes off

tell me what did we learn (every one of us could tell him more than he said !)

Cuomo: This is ongoing investigation, so we don't want to give peop more info than we need to

Epiph: Thanks, another trusted and uncorrupted NY Pol at his finest ^^

Are they even sure they were together? Because it doesn't sound like it to me!

AH ha broken screen per presser

oh towing the camper

this guy is great he is describing the event

Cuomo still talking - Matt was an escaped prisoner, he had killed two people we knew about, he killed his boss and dismembered him then fled to mexico and killed another person. Sweat is also dangerous, he killed a deputy in Broome county (describes crime slightly wrong) .. shot him 22 times and ran him over with a car (that part is right, he just dind't hit him once BEFORE shooting him that's all).

I would everyone this is an ongoing investigation so the amount of info we can release is somethign we have to watch carefully..

D'Amico: just wanted to take a second to (missed this part, people talking in my living room!)

had a burglary in a camp about 3 miles off of any roadway. Late Wed night we received a report of a breakin in a cabin off rt 41 in Malone, screen had been cut and window broken into, got evidence there as well indicated Matt was theree too, late yesterday employed a number of officers and tactical team to that area, today confirmd property at the scene was in fact Matt's, today found a camp area where it appeared maybe someone had laid down and slept (people talking again).

today people .. their camper had been shot... realized a bullet hole through a camper they had been towing... (sorry can't hear the tv. :gaah: )

... there was movement detected by officers on the ground, what appeared to be coughs so what appeared to be humans not wildlife so a team from customs and border protection met up with Matt, was shot dead by border patrol at that time, we retrieved a 20 gage shotgun with Matt's body at that location, we have K9s, a decent perimiter set up, looking for Sweat at this time, no sighting of him, but no indication he wasn't with Matt, gonna continue what we've been doing the past couple of days, been successful thus far.

thankful for tips, want to thank LE partners, etc

So they dont know where Sweat is. They could have split up. Sweat may not be anywhere around there. jmo

20 gauge shotgun recovered with matt's body

The governor looks just like a young Harrison Ford-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D'Amico: couldn't have done it without the people standing here, want to extend my personal thanks to the peopel whose communities we've been searching (audience breaks into applause) .. we thank you for your patience and support and for looking out for our officers, we really appreciate it, but we ask you to remain vigilant, Sweat is still out there and is dangerous, call 911 or our tip line.

will take questions...

ah ha

ok hold the presses

we all are operating on the notion that we know they were together

BUT in reality , noone has really said that

which if thought about makes more sense - in that he is not captured or dead---

thoughts pls

no shots fired by matt at the scene.........told by LE to put his hands up, did not comply, shot by LE when did not comply

Zach Hirsch ‏@zdhirsch 4m4 minutes ago

ny state police: officers heard coughs in the woods. Tactical team from CBP challenged and shot Matt. No sightings of Sweat #PrisonBreakNY

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 30s30 seconds ago

Superintendent Joseph D'Amico: "From the beginning our Canadian partners... have been involved with us."

D'Amico - (These are answers to questions I can't hear)

we'll be taking statements from the team who were involved in the shooting, I can tell you they verbally challeneged him told him to put up his hands and he did not comply, no there were no shots fired BY Matt.

Yes we recovered evidence from the burglary almost a week ago that indicated they were together, yes.

We didn't recover evidence of Sweat in the town of Malone on Wednesday, not saying he wasn't there jusut dind't recover evidence.

We've always assumed they were armed and dangerous, had access to cabins and lean tos and other hunting structures, last week we did believe a 20 gage shotgun was taken and it was the weapon or a weapon similar to hte one we recovered from Matt tonight.

There's no factual evidence that either of htem was heading to Canada, we're looking at the path they're taking, they were heading north, at no point did we have definite evidence they were heading to Canada, from the start RCMP etc have been ready (missed the wording)

Our preference would always be to capture them alive.

We will continue the same tactics we've employed the past 3 weeks which is search 24 hours a day until we find them.

The area of Duane and Malone is where we have been searching recently but again we ask everyone to remain vigilant everywhere.

I can only say that a tactical team from the US customs and border protection engaged Matt and he was shot by one of his members. the location is off state route 30 in the southern part of Malone where it borders Duane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa