DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document
Supplement to Arrest Warrant Affidavit

DC Mansion Warrant
SW Return - Woodland Drive

SW - JW's Cell Phone Data
SW Return - JW's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - AS's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - VF's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - SS's Cell Phone Records

Return After Search of Ford
Return After Search of White Chevy
Return After Search of BMW

Other Documents
Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Slightly updated glossary/cast of characters
View attachment 76765

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 394
Eh but she wasn't expected and the dojo was opening. Why her? Her English isn't great , she is not the brightest person SS knows, why not call someone who would pick up on things better.

Maybe because she was the conduit to VF's husband? VF's absence from home had to be explained. And also doubled as an opportunity to get a coded message out.

It's not that DW mastered avoiding deportation. It's that ICE can't be trusted to work efficiently. DW was no mastermind.

Yeah, I get it. Amazing that he could still be here.

Perhaps. But IF I am having a problem with an employees FB pages, I am going to ask them to remove those pages, right? It just seems that if SS had a problem with it he'd have said so already. JMO

Maybe SS had that talk w JW earlier that week. I'm sure JW would have been embarrassed to have to take them down because his image and ego after being fired from Autobahn were broken and now he had to remove photos of himself "living the dream". How would he survive that?

Hero In His Own Mind Daron Dylon Wint was cruising by the Savopoulos home and remembering at what a good and fair man his old boss was and wondering if he might consider rehiring Wint even after their unfortunate parting some years ago.
As he approached the house, he saw smoke coming from an upstairs window.
Worried for any occupants that may be inside and getting no answer to banging on the door and screaming "fire", he went around the house to see if he could find a way in.
He saw the French door and thought would be easiest, so he kicked it and broke a window to let himself in.
He ran upstairs yelling "Fire! Get out!" as he ran from room to room.
He came upon the room with three adults that he perceived as deceased and saw he could do nothing to help them.
He was hungry after all that physical effort, saw the pizza just lying there and knew it would go to waste, so he ate some.
He didn't want to get blamed for anything since he was only there trying to help, so he left.

The End.

Hero In His Own Mind Daron Dylon Wint was cruising by the Savopoulos home and remembering at what a good and fair man his old boss was and wondering if he might consider rehiring Wint even after their unfortunate parting some years ago.
As he approached the house, he saw smoke coming from an upstairs window.
Worried for any occupants that may be inside and getting no answer to banging on the door and screaming "fire", he went around the house to see if he could find a way in.
He saw the French door and thought would be easiest, so he kicked it and broke a window to let himself in.
He ran upstairs yelling "Fire! Get out!" as he ran from room to room.
He came upon the room with three adults that he perceived as deceased and saw he could do nothing to help them.
He was hungry after all that physical effort, saw the pizza just lying there and knew it would go to waste, so he ate some.
He didn't want to get blamed for anything since he was only there trying to help, so he left.

The End.

Oh my! You do have an active imagination! A++ for creative writing ability. Just praying the duhfense is not reading here :praying: because they are likely to snatch that scenario. :moo:

I hope this isn't too OT, but there was a reported break in and sexual assault 3 blocks from the Savopoulos home: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...neighborhood-near-savopoulos-home-115132.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...d21272-1dc8-11e5-a135-935065bc30d0_story.html

No indication it's related, but this is now another violent crime in a highly patrolled, generally safe neighborhood.

That's really scary! The reporters are going to have to start changing their description of crime in that neighborhood if this keeps up...

"Violent crime is rare in the neighborhood, which is near Vice President Joe Biden's official residence and is heavily patrolled by both local and federal law enforcement."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ear-savopoulos-home-115132.html#ixzz3eSypHQuR
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

AmazonianAbroad:

Trust her completely? We give them house keys, but not safe keys with combos. Other than the safe, total access though. It's such a unique relationship.

It might be different for people who use agencies with crews. I think there are two prevailing philosophies. Some people prefer bonded agencies, with crews and supervisors, etc..

I'm in the other camp. My grandfather kept the same housekeeper, even after my grandmother's death, until he and she were in their 90's. She couldn't clean upstairs any longer. But the upstairs were in disuse, so it was okay with him. She couldn't see very well to clean the microwave, so she cut little holes in paper plates for his to use as covers when he cooked.

I kept our beloved DC housekeeper on the books two years after we moved to Lilliputia.

My impression is that NG was hired as an individual worker, and she is unusually ambitious and industrious, so parlayed her situation into a something a little bigger. That woman had herself put together with hair makeup and nails for her TV interviews, right after the murders. She behaves like an executive, even if there's a wild cultural disconnect for many of us. At first, talking to my husband about this, I referred to her as "Fingernails." She has moxie, I've conceded since the beginning.

I cannot see her involved in crime with DW. I believe that if she hired muscle or people to burgle, they would be Latino.

Last edited by AmazonianAbroad; Yesterday at 08:21 PM. Reason: To lighten up

Just brought your post forward from the last thread #15 because I wanted to let you know I like the way you write too. This is a very nice post and I have done a 120 degree turn regarding Nelli. You don't work 20 years for someone if you're not good at what you do. She is obviously very motivated and a hard worker! I admire those traits. If the family had a problem with what she is doing, I think they would voice those concerns. I think they are just as eager to figure out what happened to the family as Nelli and the rest of us. I'm glad they removed little Philip's voice from the background. I can't imagine his sisters having to hear that over and over. I feel the family must be scrutinizing the voicemails and texts too for any clues they must have missed. Heartbreaking!

Now I might have to be a little harder on JW! Why is he MIA? No condolences at all, not one iota, since this happened. Curious indeed!

AmazonianAbroad post 1025 from last thread:
"I keep thinking this isn't the kind of neighborhood karate studio where, primarily, you take your kids to explore martial arts. I keep thinking it is more the sort like the wrestling training facility in "Foxcatcher." Didn't we read that it was residential?

My impression is that it was meant to be a high level training facility. The only "Grand Opening" announcement anyone has come up with was on a martial arts Internet bulletin board, if I recall correctly
."

I've wondered about new facility. As AmazonianAbroad asks - is it a live-in (for a handful) training facility for those interested in serious, intense competition? Are there professional or semi-pro competitions for the sport? Something ~equiv. to Olympic level?

At a website linked a day or so after deaths, I saw an entry about the S fam deaths & noting ppl had planned come from afar for dojo opening. At that site plus a couple others linked from there, discussed members travelling to Japan, visiting dojos there. Multiple times. Mostly adults doing that, but many pix of teens in activities at home dojo. Maybe not the norm.
At those dojo websites, did not look like kids being dropped off at dojo to kill time on, say, Tuesdays after school.

Just impressions I got about other dojos (sorry, no link) which may not be relevant in any way, shape, or form to the new dojo.

Maybe because she was the conduit to VF's husband? VF's absence from home had to be explained. And also doubled as an opportunity to get a coded message out.

Wonder why SS didn't call Vera's husband? That would have made more sense. Clearly he had the phone number as he could quickly call him Thursday morning.

Just wanted to say, in response to a discussion from the last thread: on Facebook, if your post is public (which JW's would have been if websleuthers could see them), then you cannot restrict them to certain people or block certain people from seeing them unless you have blocked that person entirely. If you block a person entirely, then you break any connection you have to them, so JW would not have shown up as having been 'friends' with S family members on facebook if he had blocked them. Therefore, the S family members would have been able to see those same posts of JW's on facebook that we, websleuthers could see before he removed them after the crime.

I am not speaking about instagram or any other SM account, just facebook, because that is one about which I know a good deal about the privacy settings.

Wonder why SS didn't call Vera's husband? That would have made more sense. Clearly he had the phone number as he could quickly call him Thursday morning.

Language barrier? Maybe SS thought a coded message had more chance of being deciphered by NG? Or since VF was technically an employee of NG, it was NG's responsibility to handle the scheduling change and all that it entailed?

It turns out that NG wasn't needed as a conduit, because all the reasons listed earlier (maybe AB didn't speak English well, maybe SS didn't have his cell phone number, etc.) didn't apply, as SS called AB on Thursday morning when he came to the house. I find NG an odd choice to relay "coded messages", even though I agree that's what SS was doing.

Just wanted to say, in response to a discussion from the last thread: on Facebook, if your post is public (which JW's would have been if websleuthers could see them), then you cannot restrict them to certain people or block certain people from seeing them unless you have blocked that person entirely. If you block a person entirely, then you break any connection you have to them, so JW would not have shown up as having been 'friends' with S family members on facebook if he had blocked them. Therefore, the S family members would have been able to see those same posts of JW's on facebook that we, websleuthers could see before he removed them after the crime.

I am not speaking about instagram or any other SM account, just facebook, because that is one about which I know a good deal about the privacy settings.

If you post a photo (or even just words), next to the "post" button, there is a "friends" button. If you click on that, then "more options", then "custom", you get the following box where you can select which of your friends can NOT see the post.

ETA: this will apply only to the selected post - it doesn't block the person entirely.

FBcustom.jpg

It is possible that SS had to use Vera's cell phone to call her husband.

AmazonianAbroad:

Just brought your post forward from the last thread #15 because I wanted to let you know I like the way you write too. This is a very nice post and I have done a 120 degree turn regarding Nelli. You don't work 20 years for someone if you're not good at what you do. She is obviously very motivated and a hard worker! I admire those traits. If the family had a problem with what she is doing, I think they would voice those concerns. I think they are just as eager to figure out what happened to the family as Nelli and the rest of us. I'm glad they removed little Philip's voice from the background. I can't imagine his sisters having to hear that over and over. I feel the family must be scrutinizing the voicemails and texts too for any clues they must have missed. Heartbreaking!

Now I might have to be a little harder on JW! Why is he MIA? No condolences at all, not one iota, since this happened. Curious indeed!

I have to agree on all fronts. (Except maybe that the family has been actually has been hurt by the sharing of the voicemails with little PS in the background. I can't imagine how that would make them feel.)

After having gone through everything from the beginning again, I hate to say it, but JW's multiple lies to LE and some of the seemingly implausible coincidences, still have me leaning to the idea that he was covering for having knowledge that something was going on (regardless of whether he was scared out of his mind or not). That said, I realize there IS the possibility that he might be the unluckiest victim of circumstance ever. I hope he will be overtly cleared. But until then, I'm still thinking that whole situation is incredibly suspicious, even though I know....LE has not named him as a suspect and there have not been any additional arrests to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member