Found Deceased TX - Vanessa Melson, 29, Grapeland, 17 June 2015 *Arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Vanessa Melson
5595829ad6150.image.jpg

Friends, family searching for missing woman
A Grapeland/Palestine woman has been missing for approximately two weeks. Friends and family of Vanessa Melson have reported that she has been missing since June 17, 2015.

Melson had recently moved back from Baton Rouge and was living with her father in Grapeland until she got back on her feet. The evening of her disappearance, she left her dad’s house with a man, whom friends and family say, she didn’t know that well.

Melson’s best friend, Melissa Adams, reported that Melson is a free spirit, who floats in between the homes of friends and family. “She has never gone this long without contacting me, or her sister, or her brother. She was always calling one of us just to talk, or to ask us for a ride or something like that.” Adams added, “I’m extremely worried about her. She’s always been a little too trusting. She did not know this person that she left with very well at all.”
http://m.palestineherald.com/news/f...cd6-20e7-11e5-bce6-e3a3a06714c4.html?mode=jqm

It's been more than 2 weeks now...I hope this guy didn't hurt her/take advantage of her...

Grapeland Texas. Wonderful little place, home of the Memorial Day Gospel Festival and Labor Day Bluegrass Festival at Salmon Lake.

I have a good feeling about this one. She's a "free spirit" and had never been out of contact with family this long. Sounds hopeful she's just off on another adventure.

Doesn't sound so good to me, free spirit or not. On the missing page it says they caught up with this guy she went out with and she wasn't with him. He says he's been working in an oil rig in south Texas, And he has a criminal record involving a meth ring and fire arms. Can't link I'm on my mighty Android Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Being off on a little adventure, as long as you let people know so LE isn't wasting time and resources is fine. Being off on a little adventure as a single, childless person is fine. Does her family just let her go off on adventures and take care of her kids wherever she leaves them? Does she have custody? Could an angry ex be involved? Her family talks about her like she is . . . not quite right or something. I wonder what else goes on with her.

Doesn't sound so good to me, free spirit or not. On the missing page it says they caught up with this guy she went out with and she wasn't with him. He says he's been working in an oil rig in south Texas, And he has a criminal record involving a meth ring and fire arms. Can't link I'm on my mighty Android Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Out on a rig you are together 24/7, so whether he was there or not should be easy to figure out for LE.

I second the whole free spirit thing. Fine for a single person. Once you are a parent it's a commitment to be there for them. She's not some young kid needing to find herself. Sigh 😔
I do hope she's off on another of her adventures. Poor babies, I hope they find their mother.

If she has gone on a little adventure so to speak (being a free spirit), you would think she'd have at least told someone so they're not worrying. Also she has kids. What mother just goes on a random adventure without telling someone? Won't she worry that her kids want or need their mother and want to know where she is? (Don't mean to sound harsh so sorry if it came across that way). Her best friend has also said she's never gone this long without contacting her, her sister or her brother. So it seems to me her behaviour is out of normal character. Doesn't sound good to me but I could (& hope) that im completely wrong!

:notgood: Never good to leave with someone you don't know very well... :sigh: She could be any where.

Body found in shallow grave believed to be missing woman

After receiving a tip, law enforcement in Houston County have recovered the body believed to be that of missing Grapeland/Palestine woman, Vanessa Melson.

According to the Houston County Sheriff' Darrell Bobbitt, after tip received by the Grapeland Police Department, Houston County law enforcement went looking for a body in a wooded area off County Road 1737 in the Grapeland area on Tuesday. At 7 a.m. cadaver dogs found a body in a shallow grave in a wooded area. The HCSO reported that a portion of the body was protruding from the ground.

The Texas Rangers have been called in to assist with the processing of the scene and to exhume the body. The body has been sent to the medical examiner's office for positive identification and to determine the cause of death.

http://www.palestineherald.com/news...cle_0ace0a8c-24fd-11e5-852b-2f720b609a6c.html

I live in Grapeland. Small town almost 1500 population. Just read that her body was found. I didn't even know she was missing. I suppose I should buy a paper once in a while. I missed her thread here on WS. This town is so boring almost nothing happens so I quit buying the local paper.

My husband works with guys who have lived in this area for years and years. I am going to ask him to ask around work if he has heard anything about Robert Mobley other than what has been reported.

According to a friend of my son's, some guys were in the area of CR road 1737 and picked up a guy walking down the road with a shovel. The guy put the shovel in the back of the truck and when he was dropped off he told the driver of the truck to keep the shovel because he didn't need it any more. He instructed the guy that he should just throw the shovel away...

Not sure what became of the shovel. I hope it was turned over to Sherriff Bobbitt or the Texas Rangers.

RIP Vanessa! I am praying for her two children. Their lives will never be the same again.

Early reports are that Vanessa had been stabbed several times. No arrest yet. Soon hopefully.

From the link above

"When we name a suspect, we'll be sure to let you know because I want his face plastered all over the place," Shearer said.

[emoji106]🏼[emoji106]🏼[emoji106]🏼[emoji106]🏼[emoji106]🏼

Rip Vanessa. I am certain you will have justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back