SIDEBAR #52 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Dmacky, sorry for your loss.

(((Hugs))) to you, dear Dmacky.

I am going as looney as my scaredy dog with the fireworks from about two houses down. they are shooting them off in the street and I can see little bits flying into our front yard. I hate nights like this. Sorry to be a grumpy spoiled sport, but is this really necessary for four or more hours?

Morning y'all, it's been nice one so far.

[video=youtube;coHKdhAZ9hU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHKdhAZ9hU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Pages, does your morning start at midnight? Good morning to you, too .... but I made it to 4:30.

ETA: Nice video! Catchy tune, but with a deeper message. Thanks for sharing.

Well we made it through the last 2 night!! Poor Little Bubby was a total mess :( They were shooting off fire works starting Friday!! Last night before it got bad, I gave him 1/2 of an Ativan 0.5mg, and it calmed him down where his heart didn't race and he wasn't panting so hard. Seems everyone in town were shooting them off! By law, they can on July 4th from 9-12 pm. I am sure some will be going at it again this evening :( Poor doggies, kitties and babies.

The County has a huge Firework display at the Fairgrounds each year and it's FREE! I've never understood WHY more people don't go there!!

Late Friday afternoon Ryan stopped by, I was shocked! Been a long time since he's been here. He wasn't falling down drunk...I think he was sober??!! Anyway, he brought me the glassed mirrored box and inside side was this beautiful old locket with my parents pictures inside. I cried I was so touched.

I have given him to God. I really have let him go and let God take over. Hope and pray this is a good sign that he showed up here. :)

It is definitely a beautiful thing your Ryan did, CJ. Would be nice if makes this a new beginning for himself. Hugs,
and special thoughts for both of you. Gorgeous locket, and that mirrors box is very pretty, too.

Dmacky, I am so sorry for your loss. You have been through so much.

CJ, I am so glad Ryan stopped by while sober and gave you the locket. What a treasure. Addiction is a beast that I only know too well.

Thanks to all of you for your vacuum suggestions. I bought a Shark vacuum with 8 attachments from QVC on easy pay. It is so powerful and the canister removes for getting German Shepherd Dog tumble weeds off the stairs. It actually picks the carpet up! My DH is vacuuming now and loves it. There is not a power tool that he doesn't like lol. If a vacuum can be considered a powere tool! Works for me as he is using it. The vacuum comes with a wand thin enough to go under appliances! Amazing! Now I have no excuse for dog hair running rampant in my house.

Bella, our Manchester Terrier rescue has severe anxiety and is actually on Amitriptylline (Elavil) for it. Loud sounds like thunder, hammering and fireworks make her a mess. I drove around for an hour or more with all 3 in the car with music playing so she couldn't hear the fireworks. Horses don't like them either and they go nuts on July 4th.

Hope all of you are having a great weekend. I am cleaning lol.

Hey All!
hi-there-smiley.gif

angry-smiley.gif
No Boston Pops on TV!! :gaah: So while Huz made dinner we listened to his Patriotic songs and than we watched a movie. And than caught the end of the Capitol Fireworks! That was nice! :fireworks:

Hope you all had a nice and safe Fourth! :confetti: On the news this morning heard about a LOT of fires - of course, caused by fireworks! Well - shoot - I could have told them there would be fires from fireworks with ALL the dry grasses around!!
hit1-smiley.gif
- should have banned them all together!?!!!

I found this pretty interesting and of course have to share with you all! LOL! I found it from reading my latest Time Magazine. I'll post it in the next post, as it's a bit long! Enjoy!
computer-aww-smiley.gif

Just lazying around today! :summer:

Take care everyone! :wave:

From Time Magazine – The Answers Issue

What are we not known for?

Most U.S. States have at least one major claim to fame. Here’s a closer look at some lesser-known local superlatives!

Alabama – First use of the 911 system
Alaska – Highest number of volcanoes in the U.S.
Arizona – Longest-running NFL franchise (the Cardinals, 1898)
Arkansas – Only state with a producing diamond mine
California – largest supplier of milk
Colorado – Longest commercial-aircraft runway
Connecticut – Largest collection of human brain specimens on display in the U.S.
Delaware – Only state with no national park acres
Florida – Most deaths due to lightning (47 since 2005)
Georgia – State with the most panda bears (9)
Hawaii – Most sleep-deprived state
Idaho – Longest Main Street in American (33 miles long)
Illinois – Home of the largest cookie factory (Nabisco)
Indiana – Only state to ban alcohol sales on Sunday
Iowa – Largest population of pigs (which outnumber humans 7-1)
Kansas – Most online *advertiser censored* page views per capita
Kentucky – Produces 95% of the country’s bourbon
Louisiana – Largest porch swing (60 ft., fits at least 40 people)
Maine – Most elderly state (median age is 44)
Maryland – Most millionaire households per capita (7.7%)
Massachusetts – Biggest lottery payouts (77 cents on the dollar)
Michigan – Most lighthouses (92)
Minnesota – Highest voter turnout (76%) in the last presidential election
Mississippi – Biggest tax refunds (34.8%of collections refunded)
Missouri – First ice cream cone
Montana – Largest snowflake ever observed
Nebraska – Invented Kool-Aid
Nevada – Largest gold mine in the U.S.
New Hampshire – Most pizzerias per capita (3.9 per 10,000 people)
New Jersey – More diners than any other state
New Mexico – Most wanted bank robbers (59)
New York – Smallest chapel in the U.S. (28.7 sq. ft.)
North Carolina – Highest rate of snake bites of any state
North Dakota – No. 1 producer of honey
Ohio – Most cursing by residents on customer-service calls
Oklahoma – Most barbecue eateries per capita (2 per 10,000 people)
Oregon – Only state flag with different designs on the front and back
Pennsylvania – Longest running gas station (since 1909)
Rhode Island – First U.S. circus performance
South Carolina – largest sculpture garden (more than 1,400 works)
South Dakota – Most well rested state
Tennessee – First self-service grocery store
Texas – Largest bat colony
Utah – Highest per capita consumption of Jell-O
Vermont – Highest percentage of cat owners
Virginia – Highest percentage of personalized license plates
Washington – Highest liquor taxes
West Virginia – Has the only house made entirely of coal
Wisconsin – Largest mustard collection (5,576 jars)
Wyoming – Most registered firearms per capita (196 per 1,000 people)

Originally posted by Niner]/b] (and sniped)
I see that there will be maintenance on the site this weekend- so in case I get "locked" out - hope everyone has a nice, safe 4th!!

I didn't see that and I was totally lost today. It really screwed up my morning routine, and the timing couldn't have been worse for me since losing my beloved Macky :anguish:
I haven't really been able to sleep or eat since I got her "probable diagnoses" on the 23rd of June. I had already taken her to the Vet on June 19th, when she had just a little "cough" only whenever she got excited...i.e., my daughter's pulling up in the drive, coming in etc.. and after she greeted them (or anybody) she wouldn't cough anymore. She was put on an antibiotic and given cough pills that day. I can't yet finish what happened by the 23rd, as I am still too devastated to even say it out loud.

I really can't afford to lose any weight as I am now starting to look anorexic.
I'm going to try and get some sleep now, But THANK GOODNESS the forum is back.

I'm so very sorry for your loss---its never easy....The dates you mentioned are very noticeable to me---similar dates to my dad in 1998---he passed on the 23rd----still miss him!!!!

Take care of yourself. I would love to say EAT--but understand that sometimes it is hard to eat when you experience pain/loss---I will also say take care of yourself...whatever way you can
XXOO

Pages, does your morning start at midnight? Good morning to you, too .... but I made it to 4:30.

ETA: Nice video! Catchy tune, but with a deeper message. Thanks for sharing.

LOL, doesn't everyone's start then? I finally went to sleep at daybreak.

[video=youtube;iFPq9p559II]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPq9p559II&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

July 5, 1997 - The first cloning of an animal by scientists was revealed by the Roslin Institute in Scotland when DOLLY THE SHEEP was cloned from tissue taken from a 6 year old ewe's udder.

[video=youtube;tELZEPcgKkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tELZEPcgKkE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

A sad day indeed - Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty of Murder Jul. 5th, 2011 : Accused murder Casey Anthony, a 25 year old single mother, was found not guilty of murdering her two year old daughter Caylee Marie Anthony.

(Aww poor thing her life is over.........)

[video=youtube;XMyhDbHZceQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMyhDbHZceQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

How about the U.S. women's Soccor Team Winning!

Cleaning Tips

CLEAN OVEN
2 oz. Dawn,
4 oz. bottled Lemon Juice,
8 oz. White Vinegar,
10 oz. Water.
The secret is to spray on surface, let sit overnight (or longer) and then wipe with clean, wet cloths to remove residue.
*In the oven, do NOT use heat, just spray, let sit, wipe clean.
*For showers, just spray, rinse and if you like the shine, wipe with dry towels.
*The secret on whatever you chose to clean is to let it sit, then rinse off the residue. Amazing stuff!
*NOTE: In countries where you do not have Dawn, you may substitute a good quality decreasing dish-washing liquid

QUICK FIXES
•Make plant leaves glossy and shiny by rubbing them with a little mayonnaise and a paper towel. They'll shine for weeks!
•Does your shower curtain stick? Rub hair conditioner on the rod, and the rings will move smoothly.
•Use a wide candle as a pincushion. The wax helps pins and needles slide in and out of fabric more easily.
•If you've lost your bathtub plug, use a golf ball as a substitute. It stays in place and rolls back if dislodged.

KITCHEN AIDS
•Ripen green tomatoes by storing them in a paper bag with an already ripe apple for a couple of days. Don't put more than five or six tomatoes in one bag.
•Remove teacup stains by rubbing the inside with a cut lemon. For extra scrubbing power, dip the lemon in kosher salt. Then, wash in hot, soapy water.
•Speed up slow moving ketchup by inserting a plastic drinking straw into the bottle.
•Check to see if a cake is done by sticking an uncooked strand of spaghetti into its center. If there's moist batter on it when you pull it out, the cake needs to bake longer. If it's dry, the cake is done.
•The best storage container for a raw onion after it is cut is a airtight screw top glass jar. A cut onion can be refrigerated this way for up to a week.

CLEANING
•Remove dirty or greasy fingerprints from painted walls or non-washable wallpaper by rubbing the area with a slice of white bread.
•To get animal hair off car seats or the sofa, run a rubber glove over the upholstery. Hair sticks to the glove and comes right off.
•Clean a bathroom mirror with shaving cream, then wipe with a soft cloth. It helps defog the mirror after showers.
•Shine small copper items by rubbing gently with a cotton swab dipped in ketchup. Rub off with a cotton cloth and they'll gleam.

DID YOU KNOW
Walt Disney World generates about 120,000 pounds of garbage every day.

'Second Street' is the most common street name in the U.S.;
'First Street' is the sixth!

A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!

About 1 in 30 people in the U.S. are in jail, on probation, or on parole.

About half of all Americans are on a diet on any given day.

Approximately 70,000 people in the U.S. are both blind and deaf!

Check your map! Virginia extends farther west than West Virginia.

Each year, more than 50,000 people are injured by jewelry in the U.S.

Every U.S. president with a beard has been a Republican.

Former U.S. President Franklin Pierce was arrested during his term as President for running over an old lady with his horse, but the charges were later dropped.

Forty percent of Americans have never visited a dentist.

In 1789, the total U.S. federal government debt was $190,000.

In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on
when patients would die!

In 1980, the city of Detroit presented Saddam Hussein with a key to the city.

In 21 U.S. states, WALMART is the single largest employer.

In an average hour, there are over 61,000 Americans airborne over the United States.

In Florida, It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

In Idaho, You may not fish on a camel's back.

In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice-cream in your back pocket.

In Kentucky, It's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License.

In Massachusetts, It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.

In the United States, deaf people have safer driving records than hearing people!

In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!

It is illegal NOT to smile in Pocatello, Idaho!

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.

It's against the law to burp, or sneeze in a certain church in Omaha, Nebraska!

It's against the law to pawn your dentures in Las Vegas!

J. Edgar Hoover liked to fire FBI agents whose palms were sweaty when shaking hands.

Jackie Kennedy Onassis was secretly a chain smoker.

Jimmy Carter is the first U.S. President to have been born in a hospital.

More than 10% of the world's salt is used to de-ice American roads.

Of all things, Andrew Jackson?s tombstone does not mention that he served as the president of the United States!

Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States!

Snowiest city in the U.S.: Blue canyon, California.

The most dangerous job in the United States is that of an Alaskan Crab Fisherman.

The U.S. army packs Tabasco pepper sauce in every ration kit that they give to soldiers.

The U.S. Government spent $277,000 on pickle research in 1993.

The U.S. Government will not allow portraits of living persons to appear on stamps.

The United States has the highest minimum drinking age in the world.

The United States produces enough plastic film annually to cover the entire state of Texas.

The United States produces more tobacco than it does wheat.

There are 10 towns named Hollywood in the United States!

There are 365 steps on the front of the U.S. Capitol Building - one for every day of the year.

U.S. President Calvin Coolidge liked to eat breakfast while having his head rubbed with vaseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey