Casey Kasem has passed away ~ Rest in peace, Casey

by Myra Fleischer -Jul 8, 2015
Daughter Kerri Kasem’s experience turned her into a vigorous advocate for legal reforms ensuring visitation rights for adult children to see aging parents, and a say in their care and guardianship.
SAN DIEGO, July 8, 2015 – In the year since America’s favorite DJ Casey Kasem died on on June 15, 2014, the unfortunate family feud between his surviving spouse and his children rages on.
Daughter Kerri Kasem’s experience turned her into a vigorous advocate pushing “parental visitation legislation” and the reform of laws in all 50 states ensuring visitation rights for adult children to see aging parents, and a say in their care and guardianship.
Lawmakers in Iowa became the first to pass the Kasem-inspired reforms, unanimously passing legislation in April. Legislation introduced by California Assemblyman Mike Gatto has been passed by both houses of the state legislature, and now goes to Governor Jerry Brown for his signature. Assembly Bill 1085 would provide “reasonable accommodations” for adult children who want to visit their parents, and provides the right to know when a parent’s health worsens or if the parent dies. The legislation as proposed also provides legal recourse if children from prior marriages are denied access by the parent’s current spouse or any other family member.

Read more at http://www.commdiginews.com/family-...ation-rights-fight-44652/#FxVZDQeW38IGZ7uo.99

by Myra Fleischer -Jul 8, 2015
Daughter Kerri Kasem’s experience turned her into a vigorous advocate for legal reforms ensuring visitation rights for adult children to see aging parents, and a say in their care and guardianship.
SAN DIEGO, July 8, 2015 – In the year since America’s favorite DJ Casey Kasem died on on June 15, 2014, the unfortunate family feud between his surviving spouse and his children rages on.
Daughter Kerri Kasem’s experience turned her into a vigorous advocate pushing “parental visitation legislation” and the reform of laws in all 50 states ensuring visitation rights for adult children to see aging parents, and a say in their care and guardianship.
Lawmakers in Iowa became the first to pass the Kasem-inspired reforms, unanimously passing legislation in April. Legislation introduced by California Assemblyman Mike Gatto has been passed by both houses of the state legislature, and now goes to Governor Jerry Brown for his signature. Assembly Bill 1085 would provide “reasonable accommodations” for adult children who want to visit their parents, and provides the right to know when a parent’s health worsens or if the parent dies. The legislation as proposed also provides legal recourse if children from prior marriages are denied access by the parent’s current spouse or any other family member.

Read more at http://www.commdiginews.com/family-...ation-rights-fight-44652/#FxVZDQeW38IGZ7uo.99

interesting.........wonder what the Kasem clan would think of Zsa Zsa Gabor's current husband not telling her about her only daughter's death???

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-husband-mum-daughter-death-article-1.2069189

'' Daughter Constance Francesca Hilton died from an apparent heart attack or stroke on Monday night at age 67 in Los Angeles.

Hilton and stepfather Frederic Prinz von Anhalt had been locked in a protracted battle over access to Gabor in recent years."

"Zsa Zsa is not aware of the news and I will not let anybody get close to my wife and tell her. She will not know about it," von Anhalt told the Daily News.

08/07/2015 12:37 PM
08/07/2015 01:07 PM

Adam Forgie
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - She's campaigning against elder abuse after witnessing it first hand against her father, the late Casey Kasem.

Kerri Kasem claims former Top 40 radio personality, Casey Kasem was the victim of elder abuse at the hands of her step-mother, Jean Kasem.

Jean Kasem was never criminally charged with elder abuse, and Kerri Kasem is campaigning nationwide for laws that would have held her accountable.

Watch her interview above to learn more about her campaign against elder abuse.
http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/st...ainst-elder-abus/31037/DpitRVLlIEKLNxhJ_FDiRg

Or vindictiveness ....

I learned that it started early on. His kids weren't invited to his marriage to Jean. She locked up her own mother when she was dying and didn't tell her siblings. And the worst: when Kerri was only 8 years old, Jean made her give up her stuffed penguin that she slept with on the pretext of stitching it up, but lied to her and instead gave it to her dogs as a chew toy!!!

Casey Kasem's children will get $2million payout from life insurance policy after court battle with his widow

Casey Kasem left matching $2million policies when he died in June 2014

One of the policies was for his wife Jean and other was for his four children

Jean and kids accused each other of contributing to Casey's death and MetLife was holding payment until judge ruled about who should get cash

Judge ruled in favor of daughters Julie, Liberty Jean, Kerri and son Michael

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-battle-widow-Jean-Kasem.html#ixzz3qOWP8r7O

Casey Kasem's widow sued by his children who claim her 'neglect and abuse' caused his 'early' death

Broadcaster died aged 82 last year after a long battle with Parkinson's

Three of his four children have filed a lawsuit against his wife Jean

It alleges that his widow's 'neglect and abuse' caused his 'early death'

Prosecutors have previously declined to charge Jean with elder abuse

Lawsuit follows a bitter battle over Casey's medication and family visitation

Radio personality Casey was famedworldwide for his American Top 40 show and as the voice of Scooby Doo cartoon's Shaggy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-widow-sued-wrongful-death.html#ixzz3sZwnLxHa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

https://nypost.com/2018/11/19/casey-kasems-family-claims-he-was-murdered-in-48-hours-shocker/

Legendary DJ Casey Kasem’s vicious family feud now includes allegations of murder and elder abuse — and is the focus of Saturday’s “48 Hours” (10 p.m. on CBS)

The ongoing battle pits Jeannie Kasem — Kasem’s second wife — against his three children (Kerri, Julie and Michael) from his first marriage. It’s all laid bare by correspondent Peter Van Sant in Saturday’s episode.

“I have never seen such hatred within a family,” says Van Sant. “Both sides tell credible, powerful stories, both proclaim their love for Casey and both blame the other and accuse the other of killing Casey — and both use the word ‘murder.’”

Just watched the 48 Hours episode and have to say, shame on all of them; Jeannie and all of Casey's adult children. Clearly, this family's drama circus began along time ago and his impending death only served as an opportunity for payback toward one another for the hate, anger, and resentment they've harbored for years. IMO they all EQUALLY made some super bad and selfish choices that contributed to reduced quality care in Casey's last 3 years. Casey's adult children have no claim to superiority over righting an injustice as they too were very much a part of it as well. They need to grow up and let go. JMO.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/19/casey-kasems-family-claims-he-was-murdered-in-48-hours-shocker/

Snipped to highlight this sentence:
“I have never seen such hatred within a family,” says Van Sant. “Both sides tell credible, powerful stories, both proclaim their love for Casey and both blame the other and accuse the other of killing Casey — and both use the word ‘murder.’”

This is so awful to hear about.

Deeply saddening to hear about all of the toxic fighting surrounding him in his family. I know it goes on in a lot of families but it truly is sad.

Casey Kasem provided so much pleasure with his radio programs.

I used to love to listen to him. His voice was always so soothing (but with his excitement!) and so unique. He always provided background information on the singers and bands and in a kind way.

He is irreplaceable.

I just watched this episode and wow, I had a hard time finishing it. I totally think Jean is incredibly phony and I don’t believe a word she says.....her breathy delivery is annoying to say the least. I had forgotten about the meat throwing incident......this woman is a nutcase. Dang, this episode was really hard to take.

Legendary DJ Casey Kasem’s vicious family feud now includes allegations of murder and elder abuse — and is the focus of Saturday’s “48 Hours” (10 p.m. on CBS)

The ongoing battle pits Jeannie Kasem — Kasem’s second wife — against his three children (Kerri, Julie and Michael) from his first marriage. It’s all laid bare by correspondent Peter Van Sant in Saturday’s episode.

Both sides tell credible stories? I beg to disagree. Jean is a flippin nut case. An unmarked grave in Norway? What a spiteful, vengeful biatch. She carted him around, isolated him, while he was gravely ill and after he was dead. Just to spite his kids. Cray cray. Such a disturbing saga.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the episode and I agree with you Boodles, Jean is crazy. I also didn't buy her "fainting" spell. It is sad that his children were unable to say goodbye to their father, and that he is currently buried in Norway.
I missed this in November and just saw a rerun. I too think Jean is as crazy as a loon. She is acting for her greatest role, as the loving 2nd wife victimized by husband’s children. But she actually kept him away from other family as well, iirc, and most of his friends of decades.

I don’t understand why Casey didn’t handle this with his lawyers when he was able. He should have set things up the way he wanted them in legal papers that left nothing to be argued over. After decades of being in the middle, he had to suspect how this would play out. The fact that he apparently didn’t do that makes me wonder if the children’s claim that he was afraid of Jean is true.

Just such a sad, horrible situation. Not a peaceful way to live out your life for sure.

I tried to watch this tonight, but the intense hatred between the wife and daughter was really disturbing! If one of them kills the other, I won't be surprised.

Wow- i took a chance there would be a thread about Casey Kasem-- I just saw the 48 hours episode. Until watching this I kinda thought that maybe the kids were after his money: after watching 48 hours, i did a 180- Jean is a looney tune-period. Holy moly!
What is most shocking is how she dragged him all over the country to keep him away from his kids. He was old, sick and in no shape to be shlepped around- I have no doubt she caused his death: he developed decubitus ulcers on his butt (bedsores), he had a lung infection and he was in septic shock, from which he ultimately passed away. I didn't buy her fainting spell either. --and having him buried in Norway--- OMG how awful,
and absolutely crazy!!!! From what I discerned from the 48 hours episode the wrongful death lawsuits will continue on for quite a while---

Just watched the 48 Hours episode and have to say, shame on all of them; Jeannie and all of Casey's adult children. Clearly, this family's drama circus began along time ago and his impending death only served as an opportunity for payback toward one another for the hate, anger, and resentment they've harbored for years. IMO they all EQUALLY made some super bad and selfish choices that contributed to reduced quality care in Casey's last 3 years. Casey's adult children have no claim to superiority over righting an injustice as they too were very much a part of it as well. They need to grow up and let go. JMO.
I caught this 48hrs episode last night, and was disgusted at the behaviour of both sides, when I found out Kerri was a scientologist that threw any credibility she had out of the window for me, she also came across as a hard-faced b*tch IMO. As for Jean well I think she's defo' away with the fairies.

Yes, Mr. Kasem's family members are, um, interesting.

In addition, consider at least one of the attorneys involved:

Who Is Sam Ingham? 5 Things to Know About Britney Spears’ Lawyer

He worked on the conservatorship of radio legend Casey Kasem during his final year of life in 2014 as Kasem, then 82, suffered from cognitive impairment.

During part of the time that Mr. Kasem's adult children did not even know where their Dad was....

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back