MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
new info from NCMEC? how would NCMEC have any info unless sweet girl was in their database???

They might have noticed it in the photos they were working fro and queried the medical examiner, who went back to look more closely and was able to determine her ears were pierced.

new info from NCMEC? how would NCMEC have any info unless sweet girl was in their database???

Yes, that statement struck me as very odd as well. NCMEC must have something.

Good afternoon all,

I really need to take time this evening to go back through this thread and see what has been discussed so far. Just a quick question: Has anybody looked for any matches to missing children from Canada (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or PEI) as these would be the closest provinces to Boston.

Heartbreaking that this little one has not been identified.

I checked through every Canadian database and did not find any close-enough matches.

Fresh eyes are always good though.

They might have noticed it in the photos they were working fro and queried the medical examiner, who went back to look more closely and was able to determine her ears were pierced.

I didn't realize the medical examiner or police would release autopsy photos to them.

I think if she had been wearing them, they would have mentioned it from the beginning. This sounds like something that was only noticed later.

what if they knew from the beginning but kept that piece of info back for investigative purposes & now they need to flush someone out? maybe they have one or both of her earrings ...

I checked through every Canadian database and did not find any close-enough matches.

Fresh eyes are always good though.

I am dedicating time tonight to look through some Canadian 'missing' sites (so far have only looked at two provinces). Thank you for taking the time to look - this little one needs to be identified..

what if they knew from the beginning but kept that piece of info back for investigative purposes & now they need to flush someone out? maybe they have one or both of her earrings ...

Possible, I suppose, but when they say new information, I tend to believe them. In other cases, they've said when they decide to release additional information.

It's pretty much the same effect anyway. A new detail will bring in a new wave of information. I just hope it's new information and not more waves of "hey Maggie!" and "Hey Ailyah!"

Didn't Baby Kate's father confess to killing her? Why would he do that if he gave her away?
It is interesting he was found with Baby Kate's clothes rolled up in a ball in his pocket, this could mean two things,
he didn't want her body identified when she was found by the clothes she was wearing. Or that he did give her away and
also didn't want her idenitfied, only thing is he doesn't seem smart enough to have found someone to take her in
such a short period of time. MO I don't think this is Baby Kate.

Possible, I suppose, but when they say new information, I tend to believe them. In other cases, they've said when they decide to release additional information.

It's pretty much the same effect anyway. A new detail will bring in a new wave of information. I just hope it's new information and not more waves of "hey Maggie!" and "Hey Ailyah!"

I think they should show a picture of her face. Maybe have an artist touch it up a little but I think that could bring the tip people are waiting for.
I know it sounds horrible, But sometimes the renderings just don't look enough like that child.
I don't know. This case just hurts my heart.

I've come across a number of sites that chart tides for boaters and fishermen. I have no idea how to read the info myself though. You might try these sites:

http://ma.usharbors.com/monthly-tides/global/Boston%20Harbor

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions/NOAATidesFacade.jsp?Stationid=8443970

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/locations/1085.html

Great information, future criminologist, thank you. The rocks around where the plastic bag with her body inside was found, if you go back in the thread to the screen caps from the coverage then, forgive my for not, seemed very jagged. It gave me the impression that she may have been placed near there, gently even, during a recent high tide,

- in an area where they may have had a chance to take some time to do it,
- during a time they would have a chance to do it,
- in an area not within view of security cameras,
- yet they may have used some vehicle to get back and forth,
- that may have been captured going back and forth from there.

She may have been placed there within the last month, so they may have been captured on traffic cams or security cams along routes in and out of there.

Maggie Brown in not the girl in the picture. Police ruled her out. Maggie is safe in Mexico and I posted picture from mom that has her holding a sign dated July 7, 2015. NOT Maggie and mom talked to her.

good work & thank you btw!

Hi friend,

Where do you see that 'Maggie Sophia Ortega' has been ruled out?

thanks,
eleph

Late on Tuesday, police announced that they have received several messages asking if the girl could be Maggie Sophia Ortega-Brown, but then learned that Ortega-Brown is "alive and well in another country."

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...ico-more-than-45m-following-case-in-facebook/

Hiya!

Lots of info on Maggie on this thread. She's alive and well in Mexico. There is also a photo of her posted with a sign in spanish.

The earrings are another clue that this little one might be mixed race, particularly hispanic. It's much more common for a baby or young girl to have pierced ears in the Hispanic culture than it would be in the Caucasian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong