FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My intuition may be off and misunderstanding the post on her facebook, late June 2015. It appears snarky to me, not full of wellness;)

"She loved her patients...every single one". - LS

Hmmm.

With all due respect, just speaking in general, this 'medical intuitive/quantum/reiki/bla bla bla' stuff seems like a load of hooey. There's no scientific basis for any of it, none of these treatments or practices are in any way regulated, those who claim to be trained in this 'stuff' are not trained by accredited, certified learning institutions (college, university, etc) and if the treatments they provide (for a nice cash fee) don't work, well I'm sure they (the provider) have some New Age reason to explain that. It all seems about one step up from snake oil salesmen of the old days.

There are so many charlatans for sure.

But the U of Minnesota has a Center for Health and Spiritual Healing. This is not new

http://www.csh.umn.edu

I just watched a video on Lenka Spiska's website... apparently a workshop she and Dr. Sievers gave. Dr. S explains in detail how she became interested in the energy healing aspects of healthcare. What an amazing, caring woman she was... I would have been one of her patients in a heart beat. She speaks first in the video giving the background for her transition into alternative healing modalities and describes their foundations (some of which are ancient healing practices with proven results). Quite a bit of emphasis on nutritional aspects of health -- gut health, etc. which no medical doctor I ever encountered knew squat about. What a monumental tragedy that this extraordinary woman's life was taken; my heart breaks for her family.

LS speaks on intuitive healing in the second half of the video.

The neighbor said it. They were told apparently. After reading the above article, I am wondering if this even the case.

I have wondered about this as well. Why did the "hammer as a weapon" get leaked...and nothing else. Just one bad detective running around with loose lips? I don't think so...

I think the important thing is to determine what Dr. Sievers wanted her practice to encompass. After reading snippets from Dr. Sievers the impression I'm left with is that she was primarily interested in taking a holistic approach to medicine. Over the years I have a few D.O.'s to treat spinal problems. For the most part they embraced nutrition, massage, relaxation, etc. as an adjunct to traditional medicine and drugs. My experiences were all beneficial and definitely not "new age". It seems to me we need to focus less on the words of her most vocal associate, who may have seen the practice in a very different way from Teresa. As the associate mentioned they were "ying and yang". Every objective comment I've read from former patients and community members of Dr. Sievers has indicated she was a dedicated and tireless physician. She seemed to work around the clock to help those in need. It is apparent that she will be missed. The big question is was someone jealous of her success and accomplishments?

As mentioned earlier, it puzzles me that her office staff immediately believed something was wrong when she was late for work. That indicates to me that those familiar with her perceived a specific threat. jmoo :moo:

After considering all of the comments from LE, the circumstances known about the crime, and perusing the internet for any possible lines of 'connectivity', I am now convinced a peripheral person will be soon arrested for this, IMO, robbery of opportunity that turned into a brutal murder.

As mentioned earlier, it puzzles me that her office staff immediately believed something was wrong when she was late for work. That indicates to me that those familiar with her perceived a specific threat. jmoo :moo:

This may be true...don't know. I do know she always had a full load of patients lined up for the day...even if that was two an hour. Being reliable and always pretty much on time...I can see how every moment after 9:00am that ticks by and no one can get reach her by phone or at home...the staff would probable start to panic...especially if this is never her pattern. What would you do? Send someone to go check...imo

I think the important thing is to determine what Dr. Sievers wanted her practice to encompass. After reading snippets from Dr. Sievers the impression I'm left with is that she was primarily interested in taking a holistic approach to medicine. Over the years I have a few D.O.'s to treat spinal problems. For the most part they embraced nutrition, massage, relaxation, etc. as an adjunct to traditional medicine and drugs. My experiences were all beneficial and definitely not "new age". It seems to me we need to focus less on the words of her most vocal associate, who may have seen the practice in a very different way from Teresa. As the associate mentioned they were "ying and yang". Every objective comment I've read from former patients and community members of Dr. Sievers has indicated she was a dedicated and tireless physician. She seemed to work around the clock to help those in need. It is apparent that she will be missed. The big question is was someone jealous of her success and accomplishments?

Good post! I think Dr. Sievers' patients were very fortunate to have such a well rounded and caring doctor. I agree that incorporating some "less traditional" medicine along with the typical "tried and true" is what is most beneficial to the patient. The modern ideas, which ironically are not modern, are an interesting and positive approach to the whole person, and I am in favor of utilizing more natural ways of healing and maintaining health. I do believe Dr. Sievers combined all these to offer the best treatments for her patients. My concern is having someone in your practice, or at the least referring someone, who may not have the qualifications and training - someone who saw an "opportunity" to grow her own business. I am curious to know exactly what kind of training that type of "partner" would need and was she vetted.

(Sniped by me) Most doctors are not late. Her nurse has been working with her for 7 yrs says she was in her heels and ready to see patients @9 AM. Even 20 min late without a call would be highly unusual in this case. I don't see it as there was some threat they knew about, although there might have been. In the medical field people do not just show up late without a call. For this doctor who was never late except a minute or two, it was concerning IMO.

Hm. Coupons for some electromagnetic machine sessions. Red flag to me.

The insurance is a spin.

It is like at the automotive repair shop, a brake job costs x amount. But sometimes, there is an issue. But still it costs the posted amount.

If a doctor wants to take two hours on a procedure insurance says takes ten minutes, that is what happens. Insurance pays for the expected ten minutes. They have lists of what they pay.

They do not tell the doctor how to run the business. They just say how much they will pay for a particular procedure. She chose not to take the amount they were offerring and rather chose to make her own charges up front and save the costs of staff as wel as getting the money right away.

The patient could wait for the reimbursement , if it is for a qualifying service.

Business acumen.

Have you watched any of her YouTube video's? You may find yourself enlightened. She also explains why she went the route of not accepting insurance.
[video=youtu;oUJhTI4ADjw]http://youtu.be/oUJhTI4ADjw[/video]
This folks, is the future of medicine. We all have the ability to heal ourselves from anything. Yes anything. JMO

I just watched Dr Sievers part of it. I do believe we are a 3 fold being and we should work on all 3 areas. I dont do it but I think there may be something to combining alternative with medical treatments. jmo

the case is featured again on Nancy Grace as previous I will post transcript as soon as available

If the case has intricacies and it would make a book or movie, a simple burglary makes no sense. LE seized computers from home and office.

It seems like it will be something unusual

Sorry, but the video (see above) on Spiska's site reminded me of dark old days when the scientific method had yet to gain its rightful toehold and life expectancy rates had not climbed sky high. I almost expected one or both to start discussing 'the humors' as predictors of temperament and health.

Just a few random thoughts:

1. What if a friend or associate had a key to the home and knew the alarm code in order to check on the house when the family was out of town?
2. What if someone "cased" the house, disabling the alarm and kicking in the door days prior to the crime and was returning for more when he/she encountered Dr. Sievers?
3. A neighbor mentioned seeing a truck parked up close to the garage door early in the morning. That neighbor then said they saw the truck again later, but it wasn't parked as close. Suppose someone knew the doctor would be leaving early to meet a patient and wanted to prevent her from leaving the garage. Suppose the doctor got in the car, pushed the garage door opener and started backing up, but hit the truck (leaving the dent in the back of her van). That person would then have access to the doctor and the house without needing a key.

NG crew travels to the victim's home to investigate the security system. The perp avoids outside security cameras on the home. No theft or rape.

This may be true...don't know. I do know she always had a full load of patients lined up for the day...even if that was two an hour. Being reliable and always pretty much on time...I can see how every moment after 9:00am that ticks by and no one can get reach her by phone or at home...the staff would probable start to panic...especially if this is never her pattern. What would you do? Send someone to go check...imo

Late for a 9:00 am appointment by more than 15 minutes would concern me. What struck me is that the appointment that she was late for was at a different location and scheduled for 6:30 am. I might have thought she had a flight delay or overslept and was enroute.

Good post! I think Dr. Sievers' patients were very fortunate to have such a well rounded and caring doctor. I agree that incorporating some "less traditional" medicine along with the typical "tried and true" is what is most beneficial to the patient. The modern ideas, which ironically are not modern, are an interesting and positive approach to the whole person, and I am in favor of utilizing more natural ways of healing and maintaining health. I do believe Dr. Sievers combined all these to offer the best treatments for her patients. My concern is having someone in your practice, or at the least referring someone, who may not have the qualifications and training - someone who saw an "opportunity" to grow her own business. I am curious to know exactly what kind of training that type of "partner" would need and was she vetted.

BBM I totally agree. It is difficult for me to reconcile Dr. Sievers belief in honesty and justice with the testimonials on one of her associate's website regarding "reading of cards" and "communicating with the deceased". imho jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire