AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take for bones to be forensically tested, teeth can be checked against dental records fairly promptly if available can't they ?
Yes! There was a case within the last year in the US where they identified the body through dental records the same day the body was found. I can't remember the name at the moment, but I remember I was amazed at how quickly it was done. Just a matter of hours.

I believe Becky watts in the UK was identified pretty quickly through dental records as well.

Yes! There was a case within the last year in the US where they identified the body through dental records the same day the body was found. I can't remember the name at the moment, but I remember I was amazed at how quickly it was done. Just a matter of hours.

I believe Becky watts in the UK was identified pretty quickly through dental records as well.

That's great that ID was made so fast, but to do this I would say that they had an idea of who the child was. Not knowing could take much longer, I really hope not this would be so hard for anyone with a missing child.

If it's obvious from skeletal remains I'd say it's most likely a broken skull, or visible cranial bullet holes; nothing else about a skeleton could immediately suggest a likelihood of murder. Other visible injuries on bones such as stab marks couldn't be taken as evidence of murder as they're obviously not necessarily lethal (neither are the two aforementioned signs of course, but it's more likely in their presence).

Poor little kid :cry:
Not sure why and I shudder to write it but my immediate thoughts on this were maybe something like a rope suggesting strangulation :-(
Sad as it is I'm so glad that person driving stopped to look....

There are sick depraved people out there. I hope this poor love can be identified AND the perpetrator brought to justice!

This made me feel literally like vomiting. :(

I am feeling many feels right now for all the parents with missing children out there. They must be on tenterhooks (even more so than usual). I hope for them all that this is resolved quickly.

That's great that ID was made so fast, but to do this I would say that they had an idea of who the child was. Not knowing could take much longer, I really hope not this would be so hard for anyone with a missing child.
Oh yes definitely! I just meant in the situation she asked about where they had dental records for who they suspected it was. If They have no clue, it could take a very long time and conceivably could go unsolved. I truly hope that is not the case here.

The Police seem very clear in their thoughts that the child was murdered.

"Major Crime officer-in-charge Detective Superintendent Des Bray appealed for information. He said: “Certainly, we have got a young child who has clearly been murdered and dumped on the side of the road."

I cant shake that shiver you get down the spine, even with the location so far from Sydney, my first thoughts where of William, the area is close by to one of the ways you can come to SA from Sydney.
I just had a look at the map. What's worrying is that they could have come from NSW on the way to Adelaide, then changed route to get off the main highway. I don't know much but I think the main highway from NSW to Adelaide is the Sturt Highway?

Just wild speculation.

I just had a look at the map. What's worrying is that they could have come from NSW on the way to Adelaide, then changed route to get off the main highway. I don't know much but I think the main highway from NSW to Adelaide is the Sturt Highway?

Just wild speculation.
If coming from NSW would be hiding the child far from where anyone would be looking.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know anything about the town Tailem Bend? I seen on Twitter someone mentioned the remains being found just outside Tailem Bend

Very sad news, let's home they are able to identify this poor child fast and bring some closure for a family

Check out @theTiser's Tweet: [video=twitter;621471012530614272]https://twitter.com/theTiser/status/621471012530614272[/video]

I also noticed there was an accident involving a car and truck in that area yesterday, I wonder if thats how the remains were noticed or just a coincidence

Perhaps a case of domestic violence or extreme neglect, and the parents dumped the body rather than face up to it, and the child was never reported missing. That would correspond with the police asking people to try to remember children disappearing in what, retrospectively, might seem suspicious circumstances.

The poor person who discovered this, how horrifying for them but thank god they did

Not sure why and I shudder to write it but my immediate thoughts on this were maybe something like a rope suggesting strangulation :-(
Sad as it is I'm so glad that person driving stopped to look....

Yeah possible, but I wouldn't think the cops would see a rope as clear evidence of murder, not when the remains are skeletal (even if they were more intact there'd be no way to say at a glance that the rope caused death, would need a proper autopsy) because strangulation with a rope doesn't leave any trace on bones (except maybe a broken or missing hyoid, and that just points towards strangulation in general, the presence of a rope could be coincidental, ie not involved in the death, could've been for tying up the victim etc).

Ugh hate that this discussion relates to a poor little kid.

Unusual turn of phrase: They were discovered by a motorist who then contacted police after being “drawn to something on the side of the road”.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

OT, but reminds me of the Milat case, when a local man Bruce Pryor, who often gathered firewood from Belanglo, was prompted by all the news and the discovery of Caroline Clarke and Joanne Walters' remains, to go searching through the nearby bush in case there were more victims. He felt a 'pull' towards the place and spent much of his spare time looking through the bush and eventually did find bones belonging to Deborah Everist. It was such an unusual story (ie how he came to be there, and find the bones) that he was heavily grilled by police who thought he could've been the killer (not sure if all this was in 'Catching Milat' recently, I never saw it, though I'd intended to).

Curious that someone passing buy would be 'drawn' to an object that coincidentally turned out to be human remains. Very interesting.
It may have been the suitcase with scattered clothes that drew their attention.

7 News Adelaide ‏@7NewsAdelaide 8m8 minutes ago

Police now know the child found in Wynarka yesterday is aged between 2-7yrs. Gender and identity still unknown #7News pic.twitter.com/SKLeq1FlJA

Police say the suitcase found near the child's bones at #Wynarka, was placed there 4-6 weeks ago. #7NewsAdl pic.twitter.com/41XkdQKdsC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288