ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things come to my mind:
1. Once I was driving in the middle of nowhere - farmland - vast, vast land would go on and on. On and on and on I drove. ALL OF A SUDDEN, I see a freakin' smallish CRAWLING BABY scurrying fast, happy, excited, (full of energy 9-10 mo old is my guess...) and getting very close to a slope, down which that baby woulda tumbled and wound up on the crazy HIGHWAY !! I really was flabbergasted. This was farmland and I got lucky to notice that baby in the tall grass-pretty much close to 'needle in a haystack'. So I stop and go back and literally have to hunt with my eyes a little bit before locating farm bldgs. Of course I had my eye on that wild-child baby the entire time. So just when I'm going to go scoop up the baby, a dad (presumably) CASUALLY walks over toward the baby, so I know he'll get the kid and I went on my way (of course, I wanted to stop, call law enf., scream at that father...) - it was like 'so what' to that dad and if that baby had crawled across the freakin' highway, that day wouldn't see any big deal or prob' - Kerazy !

2. There was a neighborhood 'squarish' block of nice homes in the NW suburbs of this area, Mpls. Suburb is 'Golden Valley' if that matters. I hung out a lot at one of those homes with pal, and her fam' for quite a while (over time). They had a lovely big screened in porch. So, there was a pretty dang teensy pond in the back - seemed super shallow, very, very small, but there was 'tall grass' around the perimeter. So, 2 y old drowns in there - parent hadn't checked on that 2 y old's whereabouts for, the parent estimated, 8 minutes (give or take). That 'pond' was so teensy, I wondered if it even could really be called a pond - seemed more like a largish shallow puddle.

Now..........what sounded like "EMT bag", could also be "EMPTY bag." Say both out loud, they both sound very much alike. "Empty bag" would make a lot more sense than "EMT bag."

That is EXCELLENT catch Layzee! That could very well be and would certainly explain the urgency in the tone of the female voice of camera. THAT would be huge clue.
Mom is NOt a nurse, she is a nurse's aid...so for her to have a full EMT bag while camping would just be strange to me. I AM a nurse and while I carry a first aid kit, I do not carry an EMT bag.

This is MY opinion, and my opinion only...

The father is way hinky. In listening to the uncut version of interview the following are "tells" for me, in particular the way he talks, the WORDS he says, and his actions..

Within the first 1.5 minutes of interview he says, "I was in a DEAD panic, and then "put this to rest."
The parents, not ONCE make eye contact with each other, you will see them look at one another at different times but they make no eye contact. They do not touch either.

We now know because of mom's 911 call....they waited an HOUR before calling. Father in interview says 20 mins. Way off.

Father says..."I am, along with alot of other people, 100% convinced that he is no longer "Up the mountain". When was it established that he was ever up the mountain? Why would he assume he is? I thought he was pushing kidnapping? Then he says that he is "going right back up there" Where? The mountain where you say you are convinced he is not on anymore?

Father not once calls mom by her name or refers to her as Deorr's mother. It is about him, my son, the child, he, ....he is distancing himself more and more from Deorr IMO.

He mentions Deorr TRIPPING, ONE MISTAKE BY A PARENT, NOT IN THE WATER, I KNOW I'M IN TROUBLE, DEAD PANIC, PUT THIS TO REST... keep in mind I'm quoting words he used. He also gave a large amount of incomplete answers, he started to answer question, then stopped, paused, repeated, or went off in new direction.

He leans towards the interviewer, feet spread, arms apart, I think he is kind of liking this limelight. Mom sits clutching blanket, arms crossed, fussy hands, shoulders slumped looking devastated. He actually rambles and then after quite a period sits back, and asks the interviewer...so what do you want to know? He's in control which is also shown when he SHUTS down the off camera voice, continually talks over the mother or flat out doesn't let her speak.

I can't even begin to address the fact that he said "this isn't an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody, this is his actual blanket. What? Who cares? No one asked about it and why would he even say such a thing? Obviously he wants EVERYBODY to know tho...

"He doesn't go anywhere without it...our other concern is why." Why what? What is your other concern?

"hope is what keeps IT going"....Not keeps ME going or US going, IT going. Odd.

"This little boy is not,(pause, changes direction) he's a goer & a mover. But hes not, (pause, changes direction) he does not go away from his parents.“

So now, his son is "a little boy". What is his name? Why isn't he "son" anymore. Does not go away from HIS PARENTS. Aren't you his parents? Why not say "US"....he talks about him here as he is someone else's child.

He is almost manic in his description about the search and the searchers...he praises them over and over, talks excessively about the equipment and helicopter, uses the first name of the sheriff (he is sounding like he is ingratiating himself into law enforcement) and they haven't even found his son yet! (Not criticizing searchers or law of course, commenting on what dad is doing) Again, he wants everyone to know that searchers and law are SINCERE and EMOTIONALLY attached. What? How does he know they're sincere? Why does he want everyone to know they are emotionally attached. It's just a bizarre, bizzarre thing...

This is my biggest red flag of all...

Interviewer: Take us back to that day.
Dad: I don't even know what day it is. Okay now, first, he DIDNT answer the question! He's stalling...second...you might not know what day it is today but you should damn well know what day it WAS when you last saw your son!!

When asked by interviewer what "rumors" they would like to clear up..he answers with "I'm a truck driver, blah blah blah, my employer is searching with me, take whatever time you need, employer is NOT treating HIM badly. Who cares? That's the top priority rumor you want to squelch? Another opportunity to let "everyone" know he is a truck driver, his employer supports him...etc.

Why has no one said anything about polygraphs? Isn't that the first thing cops get out of the way? Now, there was GGrandpa's friend there too?? Where was that person? Why no mention until today that someone else was there? Who is it? Why was it just them and Deorr? Why were her other children not with them? on, and on....

But I wonder if that's really a fact, that the nearby creek would drowned out other noises? I've done lots of camping in my days and unless you're camped right up on top of the creek bank/backing directly onto it, it wouldn't be all that loud.........afterall, it's a creek, not a raging river or white water rapids. JMO.

In the long interview the dad says that the creek makes sound as it passes around logs and things so it blocks out noise. He seemed to be indicating that they would not have heard anything if somebody came into the area.

But I wonder if that's really a fact, that the nearby creek would drowned out other noises? I've done lots of camping in my days and unless you're camped right up on top of the creek bank/backing directly onto it, it wouldn't be all that loud.........afterall, it's a creek, not a raging river or white water rapids. JMO.

I agree with you, but it is pretty loud for a creek. See the video I just posted. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/a-closer-look-the-campground-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/ Apparently they were camping very close to it.

Would someone repost the link that says the friend was the grandfather's friend? The video I just watched only states the friend was a friend of the family. Thanks.

Just another excuse pointing at someone else, imo.

Since authorities stated they haven't seen any signs of him around the camp, should that be taken to include his footprints? No footprints from him at all?

Bravo, Jashrema.......superb analysis, IMO.

IMO a lot of the extraneous rambling he did (praising S&R/LE profusely, the bit about the orange bug repellant can they were able to zero in on from the chopper, how emotionally invested they (LE, etc) all were, bla bla bla).....was someone trying very hard to control the conversation. He certainly seemed to be controlling his wife by his frequent need to talk over her. I get the distinct impression that he is doing his best to try and redirect the investigation/search away from that area/campground, thus the 'abduction theory' that he really tries so hard (at least to me) to sell.

In parents' FB profiles we see 3 children. Are all 3 kids both of theirs? Did I not read somewhere that Mom and Dad have been together for many many years?

I find it odd that none of the MSM articles mention age of greatgrandfather. Usually such articles always mention the ages of those involved. I am curious because if great-gramps turns out to be 90 years old and hard of hearing and very mobility challenged then I would surely question why parents would allegedly leave their rambunctious, curious and mobile little nearly 3 yr old with such an individual.

I'm sensing then that from your post that the 911 call from Mom has been released?

I just found that Dad seemed to have an answer and explanation for everything, even when such an answer/explanation hadn't even been asked for. I found him to be extremely calm, strangely calm. Mom looked absolutely exhausted and almost like she'd taken something to help her relax (which could be understood).

Also, if Dad is so sure that son has been abducted then why no plea to whoever might have him to please get him back home, bring him back.

Curious to know what the relationship is like, behind closed doors, between Mom and Dad. Any history of domestic abuse? Does he always dominate over her when she tries to speak?

That is EXCELLENT catch Layzee! That could very well be and would certainly explain the urgency in the tone of the female voice of camera. THAT would be huge clue.
Mom is NOt a nurse, she is a nurse's aid...so for her to have a full EMT bag while camping would just be strange to me. I AM a nurse and while I carry a first aid kit, I do not carry an EMT bag.

The father is way hinky. In listening to the uncut version of interview the following are "tells" for me, in particular the way he talks, the WORDS he says, and his actions..

Within the first 1.5 minutes of interview he says, "I was in a DEAD panic, and then "put this to rest."
The parents, not ONCE make eye contact with each other, you will see them look at one another at different times but they make no eye contact. They do not touch either.

We now know because of mom's 911 call....they waited an HOUR before calling. Father in interview says 20 mins. Way off.

Father says..."I am, along with alot of other people, 100% convinced that he is no longer "Up the mountain". When was it established that he was ever up the mountain? Why would he assume he is? I thought he was pushing kidnapping? Then he says that he is "going right back up there" Where? The mountain where you say you are convinced he is not on anymore?

Father not once calls mom by her name or refers to her as Deorr's mother. It is about him, my son, the child, he, ....he is distancing himself more and more from Deorr IMO.

He mentions Deorr TRIPPING, ONE MISTAKE BY A PARENT, NOT IN THE WATER, I KNOW I'M IN TROUBLE, DEAD PANIC, PUT THIS TO REST... keep in mind I'm quoting words he used. He also gave a large amount of incomplete answers, he started to answer question, then stopped, paused, repeated, or went off in new direction.

He leans towards the interviewer, feet spread, arms apart, I think he is kind of liking this limelight. Mom sits clutching blanket, arms crossed, fussy hands, shoulders slumped looking devastated. He actually rambles and then after quite a period sits back, and asks the interviewer...so what do you want to know? He's in control which is also shown when he SHUTS down the off camera voice, continually talks over the mother or flat out doesn't let her speak.

I can't even begin to address the fact that he said "this isn't an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody, this is his actual blanket. What? Who cares? No one asked about it and why would he even say such a thing? Obviously he wants EVERYBODY to know tho...

"He doesn't go anywhere without it...our other concern is why." Why what? What is your other concern?

"This little boy is not,(pause, changes direction) he's a goer & a mover. But hes not, (pause, changes direction) he does not go away from his parents.“

So now, his son is "a little boy". What is his name? Why isn't he "son" anymore. Does not go away from HIS PARENTS. Aren't you his parents? Why not say "US"....he talks about him here as he is someone else's child.

He is almost manic in his description about the search and the searchers...he praises them over and over, talks excessively about the equipment and helicopter, uses the first name of the sheriff (he is sounding like he is ingratiating himself into law enforcement) and they haven't even found his son yet! (Not criticizing searchers or law of course, commenting on what dad is doing) Again, he wants everyone to know that searchers and law are SINCERE and EMOTIONALLY attached. What? How does he know they're sincere? Why does he want everyone to know they are emotionally attached. It's just a bizarre, bizzarre thing...

Dad: I don't even know what day it is. Okay now, first, he DIDNT answer the question! He's stalling...second...you might not know what day it is today but you should damn well know what day it WAS when you last saw your son!!

When asked by interviewer what "rumors" they would like to clear up..he answers with "I'm a truck driver, blah blah blah, my employer is searching with me, take whatever time you need, employer is NOT treating HIM badly. Who cares? That's the top priority rumor you want to squelch? Another opportunity to let "everyone" know he is a truck driver, his employer supports him...etc.

Why has no one said anything about polygraphs? Isn't that the first thing cops get out of the way? Now, there was GGrandpa's friend there too?? Where was that person? Why no mention until today that someone else was there? Who is it? Why was it just them and Deorr? Why were her other children not with them? on, and on....

BBM. Where's the proof they left the toddler "in the care" of the great-grandparent other than their word, which is a form of blame, btw.

A parent of a 2-year-old bears the sole responsibility for the care and safety of a child, especially outside and around a body of water.

JMO

Are you saying a parent can't hire a babysitter, or ask a friend to watch their child? That the parents are completly unable to expect someone else to tend to their child, even for 1/2 hour?

I completely disagree with that. The daycare industry would not exist today if parents couldn't abdicate responsibility for a time, for their children.

If you're asking for a signed and notarized statement from the parents giving responsibility - temporarily - on a camping trip to great grandpa, I don't think there probably is one.

Here is a video with some scenes of the campground. It also has audio of the creek sounds. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/a-closer-look-the-campground-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/

Well, after watching that video I'm just not believing there was an abduction at all. I do not in any way see how anyone could arrive, hide, grab him, and leave without revealing themselves. Also, the creek is chock full of logs and things. If he'd fallen down that steep bank into it I think his body would have turned up quickly as it would have gotten snagged on something. Thanks for posting the video. It really helped seeing how wooded and remote the campsite was.

Are you saying a parent can't hire a babysitter, or ask a friend to watch their child? That the parents are completly unable to expect someone else to tend to their child, even for 1/2 hour?

I completely disagree with that. The daycare industry would not exist today if parents couldn't abdicate responsibility for a time, for their children.

If you're asking for a signed and notarized statement from the parents giving responsibility - temporarily - on a camping trip to great grandpa, I don't think there probably is one.

I don't think Jeanna was saying parents can't have anyone else watch their child - I think she was just asking about the capabilities of the GREAT-grandfather. The great grandfather might very well be in great physical and mental health - or he may have poor eyesight, be hard of hearing, or have trouble getting around. I think it's a valid question. If a two-year-old took off running, would a great-grandparent be able to keep up?

You point out many interesting things. And I agree that the father seems to be distancing himself a lot of times. Distancing is often done because of guilt. But this does not mean he did something to his son, he could simply be overwhelmed with guilt because he wasn't there for Deorr and now he's gone.

Distancing, confusion, scattered thoughts, are normal attempts of the mind to cope with an unfathomably painful and scary situation.

respectfully snipped for focus

Also, if Dad is so sure that son has been abducted then why no plea to whoever might have him to please get him back home, bring him back.

They did that at the end of the interview, which is when he started crying.

We know the creek is right by the campsite. How far to the reservoir? Could a toddler make it there?

From the link Claire posted earlier:

Deorr’s great-grandfather, his friend — who has not been named — and Deorr Kunz Jr. and Jessica Mitchell, have been cooperative with investigators, Penner said. Authorities have not named any suspects, nor do they consider the parents suspects.

According to investigators, Kunz and Mitchell have offered DNA samples and are willing to undergo lie detector tests.

“We interviewed the family,” (Sheriff) Penner said. “I’m good with them and they’re good with me.”

snipped

Meanwhile detectives are asking the public to stop spreading false speculation about Kunz and his family.

“There’s a lot of crazy stuff out there,” Penner said. “All this innuendo out on social media really needs to stop. Let’s try to add to their peace a little bit, (and) try to give them some space. Let’s help them out.”

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/a-closer-look-the-campground-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/

bbm

I wish the speculation would stop here too.

I agree that dad is a little off . Maybe very off . Is this part of his natural way of speaking when he is stressed ? I just don't trust him . IMHO

I don't know if we'll ever know the real truth. I'm not saying that someone intentionally hurt him...but there is alot of deceit going on here IMO. Perhaps it was accident....i'm flabbergasted that the sheriff says I'm good with them and they're good with me without a polygraph? Really? Not buying it here. There are WAY to many conflicting stories, way to many. Big one is dad says 20 minutes looking before calling 911 and the mom said on 911 call it had been an HOUR. Plus, the dad really expects people to believe that clerk at shop is off 5 hours on when the "saw" the man in black truck with dirty blond boy? An hour maybe, but at least 5? Nope..not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici