ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she said that, but all of it is heresay. We still have yet to hear his side of the story. Why wasnt grandma watching him? She was at the camp site too right? I guess I'm a bit cynical since I have a relative with a 2 yr old and if anyone else is around..whether it be shopping, the mall, outside anywhere she assumes YOU are watching her child..and its not just me anyone who is with her is up for the task. You are never asked, it is just assumed,taken for granted, implied what ever you want to say. This is why I am thinking that Great Grandpa may not have even been asked and may not have known he was watching the child. I do think that the child left while the parents were in eyesight and I think GGpa thought the toddler went with the parentals. Whatever gma, the kids or Joe Blow says at this point is purely here say until we here from ggpa himself. Cause even the stories from them are not consistent. She says he vanished, they say he thought the child was with them so who knows.

I think this is what happened too. Little DeOrr was near G grandpa when parents took a stroll. I think there are a lot of families like this these days where grand kids live with family; similar here as my grandson is either hanging with me or my daughter unless my hub is home; then he wants grandpa. If she goes to a friends there are tons of mothers around, there are always eyes on the kids.

I think it was getting near nap time, little DeOrr just stepped away from great grandpa looking for mom & dad and/or blanket but he walked the wrong way

Question: It was my understanding that they were the ONLY ones at the campsite?

That was my understanding also, they were the only ones in that specific area. There were a couple campers I believe 'up" by the reservoir but not by them.

Yep! It was mentioned by family in the comment sections a few places that the older siblings were with their Dad.

Thank you! And thank goodness they were not there when little DeOrr went missing. I'm sure this whole thing has been hard on them, as it has been for the rest of the family, but they don't need to have the memory of the day DeOrr went missing. My thoughts and prayers are with the whole family.

There's a certain kind of predator who doesn't lie in wait. He's always prepared to strike if the opportunity arises. If such a person happened to be in the area--perhaps at a mine farther up the mountain, perhaps out fishing, or whatever--and he saw an unattended boy toddling along the road, he might strike, the same way a mountain lion would if a rabbit dashed across its path.

A person like that wouldn't need a truckload of food, or even time. He'd just grab and go.
Yes! And it's called a "crime of opportunity" and also generates the term that the victim was in the "wrong place at the wrong time". Any theory could be debunked except for one thing, little Deorr is gone. SOMETHING happened to him. IMVHO he went into the creek. He's caught up on something and they need to search it 5, 6, 7, 8 times. It is the most likely scenerio. It is just feet from the campsite. The father mentions how LOUD the creek is (what two year old can resist that?).
I hope today is the day they find Baby Diorr.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If this was a tragic accident then nobody should be afraid of covering that up and then making LE search days and days and days.

In fact that would be the worst thing to do to try to coverup an accident because once LE finds out it wasnt an accident then LE would charge someone with a crime for sure if they purposely hid an accident.

If this was an "accident" with him in the flat bed, I would think at the very least that would be negligent. You don't drive a truck with a 2 year old in the back open flat bed. IF that is a scenario.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/deorr-kunz-disappearance-a-timeline-of-events/
At 3.11 in the video, it appears that dad is at the back of this extended cab black pickup. If this is his vehicle, it would have been a cramped ride for 2 1/2 hours from Idaho Falls for 4 adults and a child in booster seat.

Here is a screen capture of the truck in the video. Does anybody think that is mom and dad in the photo? Also it looks like the person in the blue hat is on crutches or something. I can't think of a reason why a person on crutches would be there during the search unless it is a close family member.
DeOrr Truck Photo.PNG

I keep having a horrible thought of an open bedded truck with the baby sleeping in back of truck bed and maybe nobody noticed as they took off in truck and the poor boy may have rolled out.

If the truck had a tailgate he may have even woke up and climbed out over the side and fell out while truck moving.

Nobody may be even looking on all the roads the truck could have traveled.

Its too bad there werent pictures of all the vehicles at the campsite and how they looked.

It is my understanding that there were no other vehicles there. It is a light use campground and they were the only people there.

That was my understanding also, they were the only ones in that specific area. There were a couple campers I believe 'up" by the reservoir but not by them.

I'm curious. What led you to believe that there were more people camped up by the reservoir? I got the impression that they were the only ones there that day.

I read Peter Hyatt's Statement Analysis blog. Very interesting, indeed.

A few things that continue to niggle at my brain.

1. If the parents went on and on about how little Deorr NEVER goes anywhere without his blanket (and cup, etc), then why was that blanket reportedly found in their truck? That's kind of a huge contradiction, no? Is it possible that maybe the family arrived at the campground, little Deorr fell asleep in the truck on the drive (Dad had stated in interview that his nap time was 2pm), there with his blanket......and instead of waking him up they just let him sleep there in the truck?

2. If Dad is so sure that he's been abducted then I'm confused about the store clerk (the store 40 minutes away) who said she had seen a man and filthy little bawling blonde boy @ 6pm buying candy. This was discussed in the long interview w/ parents and little D's Dad said the store clerk made a mistake. I think what he meant was that he and Deorr had been at the store earlier in the day, 1pm was it?......but not at 6pm so she was mistaken.............but..........if Dad was leaning toward little D having been abducted, why would it be a mistake on the clerk's part to say she saw a man/little boy similar to little D's description? Couldn't it have potentially been an abductor at the store with the little boy at 6pm?

3. In the interview, little D's Dad states "we weren't more than fifty" and his wife cuts him off and says "10 minutes".......then he cuts her off and says "fifty yard and 10 minutes." Made me wonder if he'd intended to say 50 minutes before wife cut him off?

4. In long interview Dad says little D was going to "be good with Grandpa around the campfire".........but if that would have been sometime between 2pm and 2:30pm or so, would it be usual for someone at this time of year to have a campfire going in the early afternoon? Most people don't waste firewood when camping, as they've only brought a certain amount with them and it has to last them the entire time they're gone........and you can really go through a lot of it with a fire going throughout the entire evening. And it doesn't sound like the kind of campground where one can buy firewood (from what I've read it sounds like a very basic no-service campground......with nothing more than a firepit and picnic table at each site...and not even a campground where one has to register or pay for the campsite).

4. Very perplexed by Dad's mention of "Snake River" twice during the interview, particularly when he was talking about Search and Rescue. Seems he had Snake River on his mind. Why?

1. I think the blanket comment was more along the lines of he's gone without that or his cup; he has nothing to comfort him. My grandson's blanket is always with us too; he has to know it is near when he needs it.

2. I think the store clerk was mentioned because the time was off, they think the clerk remembers wrong. I also think they took offense to DeOrr looking "filthy"

3. I was thinking 50 ft or yards

OK, I have an idea that hasn't been mentioned... I do not think this happened, but it at least fits.

What if Little Deorr took his nap in the cab of the truck (his blanket, nap time), and it got too hot in the cab and he perished?

Then everybody present feels some form of responsibility, but it is still an accident.

Terrible situation no matter how this ends.

Here is a screen capture of the truck in the video. Does anybody think that is mom and dad in the photo? Also it looks like the person in the blue hat is on crutches or something. I can't think of a reason why a person on crutches would be there during the search unless it is a close family member.
View attachment 78461

Dad was wearing an orange hoodie in the TV interview, so I think that is Dad in the pic. Don't know about the other person, though.

Well this is news to me.....reporter says that family was asked to return to Idaho Falls as Sheriff wanted no one in area except authorized personnel. Obviously they were back on the 14th in Idaho Falls as the interview is outside a home there. Are parents back onsite now? How long were they off-site?

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Family-holds-vigil-for-missing-toddler/34151958

Reading Vail's post above something just crossed my mind. It appears as if the family has two older children. There has been no mention of these other children in any of the news reports. The news has never said that these children were also camping. Has anyone ever said specifically that there were only 4 adults camping with little DeOrr?

Without accusing anyone and just purely speculation on my part, could the silence, lack of information and unease we are seeing in interviews be due to the fact that LE and the family are protecting these two older children? Maybe those children were the last to see DeOrr alive. Just throwing this out there as food for thought.

Friends or family on news comment sites have said the other children were with their father that weekend. That hasn't been confirmed by LE or MSM but since the other children have not been mentioned, I think it seems logical.

I read Peter Hyatt's Statement Analysis blog. Very interesting, indeed.

A few things that continue to niggle at my brain.

1. If the parents went on and on about how little Deorr NEVER goes anywhere without his blanket (and cup, etc), then why was that blanket reportedly found in their truck? That's kind of a huge contradiction, no? Is it possible that maybe the family arrived at the campground, little Deorr fell asleep in the truck on the drive (Dad had stated in interview that his nap time was 2pm), there with his blanket......and instead of waking him up they just let him sleep there in the truck?

2. If Dad is so sure that he's been abducted then I'm confused about the store clerk (the store 40 minutes away) who said she had seen a man and filthy little bawling blonde boy @ 6pm buying candy. This was discussed in the long interview w/ parents and little D's Dad said the store clerk made a mistake. I think what he meant was that he and Deorr had been at the store earlier in the day, 1pm was it?......but not at 6pm so she was mistaken.............but..........if Dad was leaning toward little D having been abducted, why would it be a mistake on the clerk's part to say she saw a man/little boy similar to little D's description? Couldn't it have potentially been an abductor at the store with the little boy at 6pm?

3. In the interview, little D's Dad states "we weren't more than fifty" and his wife cuts him off and says "10 minutes".......then he cuts her off and says "fifty yard and 10 minutes." Made me wonder if he'd intended to say 50 minutes before wife cut him off?

4. In long interview Dad says little D was going to "be good with Grandpa around the campfire".........but if that would have been sometime between 2pm and 2:30pm or so, would it be usual for someone at this time of year to have a campfire going in the early afternoon? Most people don't waste firewood when camping, as they've only brought a certain amount with them and it has to last them the entire time they're gone........and you can really go through a lot of it with a fire going throughout the entire evening. And it doesn't sound like the kind of campground where one can buy firewood (from what I've read it sounds like a very basic no-service campground......with nothing more than a firepit and picnic table at each site...and not even a campground where one has to register or pay for the campsite).

4. Very perplexed by Dad's mention of "Snake River" twice during the interview, particularly when he was talking about Search and Rescue. Seems he had Snake River on his mind. Why?

Wonder where snake river is in relation to the camp site? Anybody know?

Yes! And it's called a "crime of opportunity" and also generates the term that the victim was in the "wrong place at the wrong time". Any theory could be debunked except for one thing, little Deorr is gone. SOMETHING happened to him. IMVHO he went into the creek. He's caught up on something and they need to search it 5, 6, 7, 8 times. It is the most likely scenerio. It is just feet from the campsite. The father mentions how LOUD the creek is (what two year old can resist that?).
I hope today is the day they find Baby Diorr.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree. When I looked at the campsite in that one video where the reporter tours the area for us, I was struck by how close the campsite is to the stream and how steep and abrupt the drop to the water is. He wouldn't even have to have been trying to get to the water. If he stumbled near the edge, he could have tumbled down that bank in a heartbeat.

It is my understanding that there were no other vehicles there. It is a light use campground and they were the only people there.

The question would be if the 4 adults took 2 different vehicles.

If the picture of the black truck is accurate I think a 2nd vehicle is involved. Because the extended cab is the smaller type where the extended cab looks like just mini-seats in back. Not real full blown back seats in trucks like that. That truck has mini-half seats in back that are very uncomfortable and you have to sit sideways basically if you are in back of it. My friend has 1 and nobody ever sits in back. too cramped....mini-partial seats

I dont think all 4 adults would have driven in that pictured truck if that is their truck so thinking another vehicle was there.

I agree that we have only heard of just the 5 people.

Well this is news to me.....reporter says that family was asked to return to Idaho Falls as Sheriff wanted no one in area except authorized personnel. Obviously they were back on the 14th in Idaho Falls as the interview is outside a home there. Are parents back onsite now? How long were they off-site?

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Family-holds-vigil-for-missing-toddler/34151958

I believe the parents went back out there on Tuesday after the vigil. While the Sheriff may have asked them to leave initially, the mom and dad have been camping at a spot close to the campground ever since. In later interviews the Sheriff says he asked them to stay close and checks in with them twice a day to give updates.

Am I the only one that finds it odd the way this child was clothed? It was 81 degrees in that area that day and he was wearing a coat, long pants and boots. I am not sure that relates at all to the fact that he is missing, but it seems weird to me.

I don't think he was wearing a coat. It has been described as a camo jacket. Both parents have been seen wearing hoodies and I think that is probably more the style of the jacket he had on. I am thinking a light weight zip style fleece jacket but definitely not a coat. That to me would have been appropriate for the weather and temperatures.

In this newslink there are pictures in the video of him wearing a lightweight camo jacket that may very well be the one he was wearing at the time he was last seen. I also think the boots he was wearing were probably cowboy boots.

I think I recall reading that somewhere.

I think that kind of footwear is heavier for a toddler than say, sneakers. I could see that he could have lost his balance with the weight and they aren't that flexible if he were bending over to get a better look at the creek or even trying to scale some of the creek bed to get closer. I know when I wear boots I am not as agile on my feet as I am in my sneakers.

My theory is that he was lured by the water in the brief time eyes were taken off of him and tumbled in. With his small size and camo clothing, he could be well hidden under rocks and debris. I hope his family gets answers soon. The wait has to be agonizing.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/deorr-kunz-disappearance-a-timeline-of-events/

This might be a good time for the family to consult with a psychic. Not one of those knucklehead ones that give readings for $2.99 a minute over the phone, but a legitimate one with a decent reputation. It wouldn't be so much to solve the mystery as it would be to provide direction and focus.

I'm not a big believer in them in general terms, but there are a few out there that have aided and assisted LE through the years and they have been spot-on in numerous cases. At this point, I don't really see how it could hurt.

This is just nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member