ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the store that father returned to have cameras inside or out?

The 5 hour time variance is a huge question in my mind. Was the same store clerk working when father stopped on the way into camp and when he returned with DeOrr to get candy?
This is the part of the story that does not click for me. Why would a father drive that far for a candy bar for a 2 year old?? Does DeOrr have that much control over his parents?

Or did the group need beer and it sounded better to say DeOrr wanted a candy bar?

Just my opinions.

Transcript between the 7:00 and 8:00 minute marks which discusses the store.

Reporter: Is there any rumors that you've seen or anything you want to clear up, Jessica?

JM: I just . . . Somebody at the store, um, in Leadore, said, it was one of the ladies that had worked at the store said that they saw, um, a gentleman and a younger blonde boy matching our description of our son, really filthy, buying candy for him and he was just bawling, in a black truck. That is the only . . .

DK: Here's the problem.

JM: . . . other . . .

DK: My pickup truck's black.

JM: [indicating DK] He drives a black truck.

DK: As a family we went down to get some, to get a few things.

Reporter: So it could have been you?

JM: Earlier, it was earlier that day.

DK: It was me, but it, but they claim it was at 6:00 that evening and I, we, we still were with Search and Rescue until, what [turning to JM] a quarter till four?

JM: Yeah, from . . .

DK: We didn't never, we never . . . we haven't left the camp since 1:00 that afternoon. So it's just a lot of hearsay . . . and . . .

Reporter: Was anybody camping around you?
Bumping the store info.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I would think that a toddler lost in the woods for a while would probably be filthy. I always thought the mention of that was kind of odd. I'm not saying the child was kidnapped but who knows. There is always a possibility that another man with a black truck was out fishing or in the woods that day and came across Deorr. Also maybe Deorr had limited vocabulary and Candy bar was one of the things he would want when upset. And as another poster said, possibly the Man with filthy child had to get gas and had no other choice but to stop.

I dont believe that Deorr was kidnapped I still believe he is in that creek or somewhere around there close, but I dont discount the possibility either. This one would be easy to find out though. Check the store clerks hours of work, have her look at the father and Deorrs picture etc and identify them as the ones she saw or not at 6? Also check registrar receipts to see when candy bar was bought etc..She holds the answers to all of these questions..well along with receipts and time card etc.

The 5 hour time variance is a huge question in my mind. Was the same store clerk working when father stopped on the way into camp and when he returned with DeOrr to get candy?
This is the part of the story that does not click for me. Why would a father drive that far for a candy bar for a 2 year old?? Does DeOrr have that much control over his parents?

Or did the group need beer and it sounded better to say DeOrr wanted a candy bar?

Just my opinions.

Did they drive to the store from the campsite? Or stop in the store on their way to the campsite?

Did they drive to the store from the campsite? Or stop in the store on their way to the campsite?
They left the campground to go to the store. 40 minutes each way -- after just arriving that day and passing that store on the way in.

ETA: He said "we haven't left the campground since 1:00"

I interpreted that to mean they did in fact leave the campground. Meaning they arrive and then left again to go to the store.

Just my opinions.

It's been speculated that the candy bar wasn't the intent of the trip to the store, but an afterthought. As in, here tired toddler, here's a candy bar to quiet you with on the way back. I really don't think they drove there for the sole purpose of getting the candy bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eta I really really doubt they drink.

If I was dad I would put both boots in the creek miles and miles downstream with five volunteers and walk upstream with sticks and search every single nook and cranny a portion at a time literally leave no stone unturned, until I got back to the campsite and then some. That little boy is in the creek, he's just got to be. As far as the polygraphs go, we don't know at what point they were given, just that they were. It could have been within hours of him going missing. I really don't smell foul play with these parents. I'm not sure about Great Gramps and friend because we have been given nothing in regards to them.
CREEK CREEK CREEK and CREEK.
JMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I loved the suggestion to throw something in the water. I would do one of those dummy CPR dolls; one in the creek by camp & one at the reservoir to see what happens. My gut says water. I think he was quickly swept away </3

"As a family we went down to get some, to get a few things."

So not just for a candy bar.

Please let me say this and I will go back to read only mode:
This little boy is missing. Just like in the baby Ember case in CA. There's videos from local convenience marts.
The entire missing situation of children, as well as adults, around the world is staggering at best and I don't want to blame the parents in this case. Why oh why, in this country, in this time, do we have to live in self-imposed cages of isolation? We may deny that we do, but IF we do so it is not wise IMO.
We cannot keep ourselves or our children safe because, IMO only, real "evil" does exist amongst us.
Real evil not a Bigfoot/Dogman.ETC.Evil that lurks in the minds of men and women who believe in science without bounds and in humanity against all that is known.
May G-d keep little Deorr and bring him home if he hasn't already.
IMO he was walking. Just walking.
And then : look out somebody help us, what is going on....
:moo:

"as a family we went down to get some things"

if they went 'down' it means they had already been 'up'. heck for all we know they got to the campground Thursday and by friday morning ran out of toilet paper (and beer). bought candy to shut up a toddler. totally seems normal to me.

IMO it may simply be unnecessary extraneous information from a store clerk who wasn't too bright. and another dude in a black pickup and a crying kid came in at 6:00, confusing her.

because the deorr clan has a clear cut "alibi" (not that they need one, I'm just pointing out the timeline) at that time, they were in the initial stages of a very chaotic and emotional search and rescue operation. with the exception of the little one of course.

what happened between the 1:00 store visit and the 911 call would be helpful. specifically the whereabouts of the friend and ggpa, since we haven't learned one shred of info about that. were they part of "as a family" going "down" to the store? or were they fishing and when the parents returned, the babysitting 'switch' went awry?

anyway, unless we learn otherwise, I'm putting this piece of info on the back burner...for now...JMO...

So what are all the possible scenarios

Fell in creek
Fell in reservoir
Lost in woods
Was never at the campground
Was at the campground but was passed off to someone else during store trip
Stranger abduction
Family disappeared him
Animal carried him off
Fell out of Dad's truck while napping
Bigfoot
Climbed into someones vehicle
Fell in a hole
Fell in toilet (which I read in sm were drained/checked)

If I thought my child was abducted, I would not so easily dismiss a possible sighting (the store at 6 pm, filthy bawling younger blonde with a gentleman and a black truck).

Where did the other vehicle description come from that was listed on flyers that have been circulating?

If I were the parents, I would bring in private search groups (as someone else said).

This child has vanished without a trace it seems. Very sad.

I think abduction remains a real possibility. LE should release a sketch of the man seen by the clerk.

JMO

if they went 'down' it means they had already been 'up'. heck for all we know they got to the campground Thursday and by friday morning ran out of toilet paper (and beer). bought candy to shut up a toddler. totally seems normal to me.

IMO it may simply be unnecessary extraneous information from a store clerk who wasn't too bright. and another dude in a black pickup and a crying kid came in at 6:00, confusing her.

because the deorr clan has a clear cut "alibi" (not that they need one, I'm just pointing out the timeline) at that time, they were in the initial stages of a very chaotic and emotional search and rescue operation. with the exception of the little one of course.

what happened between the 1:00 store visit and the 911 call would be helpful. specifically the whereabouts of the friend and ggpa, since we haven't learned one shred of info about that. were they part of "as a family" going "down" to the store? or were they fishing and when the parents returned, the babysitting 'switch' went awry?

anyway, unless we learn otherwise, I'm putting this piece of info on the back burner...for now...JMO...

Many thanks WhiteRabbit,
who knows how/when/why lil Deorr fell down his assumed rabbit hole?
I'm upset way beyond normal agitation.
JMHO whilst wishing I were still young AND believed in ALL sorts of situations, both proven and not,,,,sadly, but the world takes that from me..
:(

I'm just about idea'd out too! But, there is always a but, I wonder if they will release results of polys to quiet the folks that are playing the blame game? Seems to me if polys are given and passed it's only to the benefit of little Deorr because when people are kept uninformed they are less likely to help and assist with getting his picture and information about him missing.

Social media can be a bad or good thing. Beating the drums when a child is missing might help. Fingers crossed.

I figured they would be ending up. I read somewhere in time ten days is the search time. So that's it folks.

I was hoping NG would have something on her show but lately it seems she has more misinformation than facts. Sigh...

The person up thread that said it will be hard to find him in that Camo jacket kind of hit the spot. It will be hard to find the little guy in water wearing something like that.

I would love to hear what the woman at the store has to say. By now she has to know if the child she saw was Deorr and his father. Their picture has been everywhere. Also how can anybody mix up 1pm and 6pm. Nopers on that one.

I don't think an abductor would march into a convenience store with his victim but times and people are very strange these days.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/17/deorr-kunz-missing-idaho-911-call 911 call sounds like "camel" jacket

The store clerk didn't report seeing a family with the child at 6 p.m., she reported seeing a man. I assume there is also a time-stamped cash register receipt.

While the parents may not have left the area after 1 PM, no mention has been made as to the whereabouts of either of the two other adults or the truck after 1 PM.

JMO

I am glad they are finally doing the poly's, I wish they had done them sooner!

The press release does not say they are actually doing poly's, just that the parents have volunteered to take them. This is not the first time this was mentioned. The Sheriff stated in one of the interviews a few days ago that the parents had offered to take them.

thanks mybelle...I do agree.

re: an abductor, the chances of this abductor driving the same color pickup as the father, matching the description of the father, visiting the same store as the father, on the same day as a father, buying the same item for the same child are...twiggy slim. in other words, beyond possible.

IMO.

The press release does not say they are actually doing poly's, just that the parents have volunteered to take them. This is not the first time this was mentioned. The Sheriff stated in one of the interviews a few days ago that the parents had offered to take them.

Actually, it says the family of Deorr has volunteered to take polys. No mention whether g-grandfather's friend has also volunteered to take one.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member