ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks mybelle...I do agree.

re: an abductor, the chances of this abductor driving the same color pickup as the father, matching the description of the father, visiting the same store as the father, on the same day as a father, buying the same item for the same child are...twiggy slim. in other words, beyond possible.

IMO.

I havent watched the videos but I have never heard the store clerks description of the man who had the baby/toddler or that it matched the description of the father. Nor did I hear that the toddler description matched..just that he was filthy. Do you have this information to share? Link? TIA

thanks mybelle...I do agree.

re: an abductor, the chances of this abductor driving the same color pickup as the father, matching the description of the father, visiting the same store as the father, on the same day as a father, buying the same item for the same child are...twiggy slim. in other words, beyond possible.

IMO.

I do not know if the clerk's description matched the father or one of the other two men with them or a complete stranger. LE most certainly knows by now.

I think the child was crying because he wasn't with his parents.

JMO

Deleted that pointer and info because a little poking determined it was a spammy inaccurate site trying to pass itself off as news. I should have checked more before I posted.

And so a creek is a crick...
got it and thanks.
Wishing and hoping.
I would have gladly taken in baby Ember and/or the so many infants/toddler/teens that are posted about daily. You see, not every woman is blessed with the "horrific" (lol) curse of fertility, and I wasn't.
Does this color my feelings toward the lost and the missing? Dang sure it does.
I hope and pray and even send out unfiltered "vibes" that D's parents had nothing to do with his missing status. I give them good marks for staying near by, while continue to believe that there's something wrong with both the 911 call/s and the entire scenario.
What exactly that "is" may be, I do not know, but IMO he (Deorr) was so very ripe for the picking and people, especially parents and care givers, need to get their heads out of the sand! Don't they ever realize that there are others out there who want to take their offspring/anyone's child?
The very same {nature} that these parents sought succor, as well as release in
devoured little D instead.
Being exactly 50 yrs of age I consulted with like-aged compadres. Simply and not minding what everyone may/might believe, we all unanimously agree that this entire situation us sad but predictable; being that whom amongst us has not envied?
Save but for the time and circumstances, desperation could have led me to many dishonorable actions. Yet I refused to harbor hatred or lust an envy.
jmvho
jmho

Snipped by ME

Wonder why the family hasn't already been given polygraphs? Usually this is done immediately.

While the parents stayed at the campsite, the great grandfather and friend did not stay during the search. So they could have been tested already and LE just has not announced it.

I believe there was one of two things that happened. It was either a miscommunication as to the parents were leaving and her grandfather was to watch DeOrr or her grandfather just took his eyes off the toddler for a few minutes and the little tyke took off, slipped and fell into the creek.
Either way, no one wants to point a finger of blame at DeOrr's great grandfather.

I may have not read it yet (which is most definitely possible), but do we know for certain the grandpa and friend haven't taken their polys? I think it's fair to say there is a possibility that they have been tested. JMO and if it is said somewhere they haven't yet, but will then I agree 100% with you, they could have done that way back in the beginning.

Did I hear the mom and the 911 dispatch say Deorr had been missing an hour before being noticed that he was gone?

I thought that it was 10 minutes missing and parents only went 50 yards

Did I hear the mom and the 911 dispatch say Deorr had been missing an hour before being noticed that he was gone?

That does make more sense that the parents were gone for an hour and not 10 min. I always found it odd that the parents left for a walk since baby was supposed to be going down for a nap but then the dad said he saw some minnows and went back to camp to go get baby to show him. Why would you go wake up or get a child that was just going down for a nap?

How would anyone absolutely rule out stranger abduction anyway? It's pretty hard to prove a negative. It seems very unlikely since the time window seems to be pretty short and it's so desolate and if the family never saw any suspicious strangers or vehicles nearby... But it's pretty hard to rule out that there was certainly no one else. I doubt there are any traffic cameras for miles and miles.

I wonder if the father saw any traffic when he was out there driving for cell coverage?

The only traffic camera I found is on 28 at Gilmore Summit. I marked it on the Deorr Kunz Map.

Here is a screen capture of the truck in the video. Does anybody think that is mom and dad in the photo? Also it looks like the person in the blue hat is on crutches or something. I can't think of a reason why a person on crutches would be there during the search unless it is a close family member.
View attachment 78461

~~I think I read somewhere that Great Grandpa had some medical issues, so perhaps this is him.

That does make more sense that the parents were gone for an hour and not 10 min. I always found it odd that the parents left for a walk since baby was supposed to be going down for a nap but then the dad said he saw some minnows and went back to camp to go get baby to show him. Why would you go wake up or get a child that was just going down for a nap?

Some parents say "going down for a nap" to describe a child who has either just fallen asleep or is about to. I've used this myself to describe my grandson who does certain things first, such as grabbing his blankie and climbing onto the couch. We let him nap right there rather than carrying him upstairs and he usually naps for about an hour.

JMO

TimberCreek.jpg

I assume they were coming from Idaho Falls, in which case they most likely did not go through Leadore on their way to the campground. There is a turnoff to the campground before Leadore. If they needed something, they could have gone up through Leadore and back down to the campground, but they may have gone to the campground first and then realized they needed to go to the store. That seems plausible to me.

I too wish there was more info about the store trip - the timing of it and whether they all went or just mom, dad and Deorr went (and why did the clerk not mention seeing mom?), etc. So much about this case has been so secretive - the result is a lot of speculation. They could put an end to all the speculation by releasing the details about the case (the EMT bag, the trip to the store, the identities of the two other guests and their versions of events, what about an audio of the dad's 911 call, were they all in one vehicle or two, had they already set up camp, how long had they been camping, how long were they originally planning to stay, were they using tents or a camper/RV, did they have ATV's, and so on.... ). Wouldn't this help put an end to all the rumors and unfounded accusations? Or would it raise more suspicion and that is why they have released so little???

I wonder if lil Deorr fell asleep coming back from store, instead of waking him they left him sleeping with the doors on the truck open, Deorr wakes up scampers out of truck, grandpa never thinks to check on him, mom and dad get back and ask about him and grandpa goes omg I thought he was with you.

Do we know how long the parents searched before they called 911?

In that location I would have called 911 the second I heard that grandpa didn't know where Deorr was, but I'm unsure if I read anywhere how long the parents searched or did they call 911 right away

I wonder if lil Deorr fell asleep coming back from store, instead of waking him they left him sleeping with the doors on the truck open, Deorr wakes up scampers out of truck, grandpa never thinks to check on him, mom and dad get back and ask about him and grandpa goes omg I thought he was with you.

In that location I would have called 911 the second I heard that grandpa didn't know where Deorr was, but I'm unsure if I read anywhere how long the parents searched or did they call 911 right away

If Deorr fell asleep in the truck and was left there, then g-grandpa would have said that's where he thought he was. To say he thought Deorr followed the parents implies g-grandpa was well aware that Deorr was awake.

JMO

This seems totally plausible to me. Would they go to the length of having all 4 adults agree to fabricate the other story though? And it still doesn't explain why they cannot find any trace of him... It's so sad.

There has been discussion on some posts about David Paulides, who has researched disappearances in national parks. Someone mentioned that he will be on the syndicated radio show Coast to Coast tonight, and I'd thought I'd put the reminder out there.

I don't think the show is MSM (??) so I'm not posting a link, but you can google it and find out your local station or figure out how to listen online.

My apologies for not quoting the original posters on this - and thanks to people who introduced David Paulides to the thread. I'm not into Big Foot, but his research on missing people does sound compelling and useful.

View attachment 78473

I assume they were coming from Idaho Falls, in which case they most likely did not go through Leadore on their way to the campground. There is a turnoff to the campground before Leadore. If they needed something, they could have gone up through Leadore and back down to the campground, but they may have gone to the campground first and then realized they needed to go to the store. That seems plausible to me.

I too wish there was more info about the store trip - the timing of it and whether they all went or just mom, dad and Deorr went (and why did the clerk not mention seeing mom?), etc. So much about this case has been so secretive - the result is a lot of speculation. They could put an end to all the speculation by releasing the details about the case (the EMT bag, the trip to the store, the identities of the two other guests and their versions of events, what about an audio of the dad's 911 call, were they all in one vehicle or two, had they already set up camp, how long had they been camping, how long were they originally planning to stay, were they using tents or a camper/RV, did they have ATV's, and so on.... ). Wouldn't this help put an end to all the rumors and unfounded accusations? Or would it raise more suspicion and that is why they have released so little???

And lest we forget, who was tossing cremains in the reservoir, contaminating it? Is anyone still drinking that water?

I can't even tell if the younger blonde bawling boy came into the store with the "gentleman." For all we know, he was left in the truck crying while the gentleman paid for candy and whatever else. The store clerk noticed he was filthy (the kid or the gentleman?) but did not mention another person, whereas Dad says they went "as a family."

Maybe this was another child. I just don't think this store gets much traffic. I think everyone in Leadore must know everyone and their dog, so they would probably notice out-of-towners more readily.

I think they went walking for 10 - 20 minutes..give or take. Then they returned to find him gone and they all went searching for him afraid to stop looking. When perhaps an hour had gone by and no Deorr is when they called police.

I was just thinking. It was about an hour and a half drive from their city to the campground. Surely they passed a lot of stores on their way in. Why didn't they stop at one of them for supplies?

I hate to drive so I would never have reached camp and then went for another two hour drive back and forth to the store.

Things I ponder!

Well, I'll say it and it is my opinion only.

If LE is going into different directions now...just what in the hell do they expect to find?? If there was a crime, its completely and utterly destroyed. Zip...nothing of value.
Unless the sheriff is playing it close to the cuff, it was HUGE mistake not to poly every single person that was at the campground from the get-go. I mean, WTH? It is SOP with a child this small if you ask me and the sheriff for all his "I'm good with them" what's that based on? Is he psychic? How can they possibly go in another direction? If they are entertaining an abduction...its been 10 days and they haven't even started looking for him? No amber alert?
I also think maybe the sheriff came down on the parents because we haven't heard word one from them since that snippet at the vigil and that was days ago. There must be some kind of gag order so to speak as it is obvious that dad likes to talk (I'm not criticizing, its just a fact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.