ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you listen to the 911 call...you can tell the operator is surprised when mom said a 2 year old has been gone an hour. She sounded like, "An HOUR??" We have to take it on the basis of the 911...not what grandad said, not what dad said...the MOTHER stated he has been missing an HOUR. It's useless to try to do all these timelines with everyone having a different story. I would think the Mom out of everyone would know how long her 2 year old has been missing.

I was just thinking. It was about an hour and a half drive from their city to the campground. Surely they passed a lot of stores on their way in. Why didn't they stop at one of them for supplies?

I hate to drive so I would never have reached camp and then went for another two hour drive back and forth to the store.

Things I ponder!

There really aren't any stores once you leave I-15 (about 30 miles or so from Idaho Falls). It's pretty desolate. It looks like there is one little convenience type store in a place called "Lone Pine" but it may or may not have been open. It looks to be about the only thing in Lone Pine... It is 46 miles from the campground.

LonePine.jpg

I asked this earlier, but never saw a response....Can that creek be diverted or drained??

I would imagine everybody involved with this so far is on the verge of sheer exhaustion. Parents, grandparents, searchers, scent dogs, everybody. They are gonna regroup for a couple of days and then many will be back out there, you can count on it.

Personally, I think opening up the entire area again to the public would be smart. The more people out wandering around aimlessly, the better.

And when did the cremains get tossed... and whose remains were they?

Did the person tossing the cremains go up that same road? Were they camping? Were they local? Was the road blocked off as soon as SAR showed up, or were people still allowed to walk around (like the reporter and camera crew) and toss stuff into the reservoir? How did SAR even find out about the cremains?

The cremains bit was really strange. What timing...

And lest we forget, who was tossing cremains in the reservoir, contaminating it? Is anyone still drinking that water?

Well, I'll say it and it is my opinion only.

If LE is going into different directions now...just what in the hell do they expect to find?? If there was a crime, its completely and utterly destroyed. Zip...nothing of value.
Unless the sheriff is playing it close to the cuff, it was HUGE mistake not to poly every single person that was at the campground from the get-go. I mean, WTH? It is SOP with a child this small if you ask me and the sheriff for all his "I'm good with them" what's that based on? Is he psychic? How can they possibly go in another direction? If they are entertaining an abduction...its been 10 days and they haven't even started looking for him? No amber alert?
I also think maybe the sheriff came down on the parents because we haven't heard word one from them since that snippet at the vigil and that was days ago. There must be some kind of gag order so to speak as it is obvious that dad likes to talk (I'm not criticizing, its just a fact)

Cops can't force anybody take a poly. They may have felt that everyone was too upset to obtain an accurate reading or maybe not everybody volunteered.

They usually won't do an amber alert if they aren't sure what kind of vehicle the child is in. The father is insistent the clerk at the store is wrong about the time.

JMO

I would guess that a store like that is often very busy at this time of year, because it's the only place for miles that can service travelers.

Did the person tossing the cremains go up that same road? Were they camping? Were they local? Was the road blocked off as soon as SAR showed up, or were people still allowed to walk around (like the reporter and camera crew) and toss stuff into the reservoir? How did SAR even find out about the cremains?

....Really!! This is all very bizarre.

If you listen to the 911 call...you can tell the operator is surprised when mom said a 2 year old has been gone an hour. She sounded like, "An HOUR??" We have to take it on the basis of the 911...not what grandad said, not what dad said...the MOTHER stated he has been missing an HOUR. It's useless to try to do all these timelines with everyone having a different story. I would think the Mom out of everyone would know how long her 2 year old has been missing.

I am not sure what you are getting at here so please forgive me if this seems contradictory to what you are saying. But to me, that doesn't seem all that weird TBH. I mean, you are camping in the middle of nowhere and we are talking about a 2 year old. In my mind, I would be thinking how far could he go? I would have scoured the areas around the campsite. I would have checked the water and THEN I would have called LE. It doesn't seem that far-fetched to think that would take an hour. This means nothing IMO. In fact, what this says to me is that the family did their due diligence before calling LE.

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I have to say, this is the strangest camping trip I've ever heard of. An extremely desolate campground with a toddler and two very elderly men? I assume the friend is similarly aged to great-grandpa. Why didn't grandma go? What sort of men of that age go camping together? I'm so confused about so many things with this case. My heart breaks for this baby.

Many oddities. Such strange. Wow.

The only thing I found strange was that although the Sheriff said they were focusing on the reservoir because the dogs hit on it, the father continued to ride around on an ATV elsewhere. And lo and behold, they found nothing in that reservoir even after using divers and sonar.

JMO

Maybe it just felt like an hour? Possibly no one knows for sure the exact time he was last seen and how long each activity took if they weren't on their phones constantly.

If they were at the store at one-ish, then drove back for what, half an hour? he'd have to have been lost pretty much straight after their return to be missing for an hour before the 911 call. Did the parents have lunch or do anything else before going exploring the creek?

I think I would probably panic and call 911 a lot earlier than an hour after losing a toddler in the wilderness near water.

I would guess that a store like that is often very busy at this time of year, because it's the only place for miles that can service travelers.

What travelers? The campsite is remote and very primitive. I doubt there are lotsa people flocking to it with toddlers in tow.

I am not sure what you are getting at here so please forgive me if this seems contradictory to what you are saying. But to me, that doesn't seem all that weird TBH. I mean, you are camping in the middle of nowhere and we are talking about a 2 year old. In my mind, I would be thinking how far could he go? I would have scoured the areas around the campsite. I would have checked the water and THEN I would have called LE. It doesn't seem that far-fetched to think that would take an hour. This means nothing IMO. In fact, what this says to me is that the family did their due diligence before calling LE.

That's EXACTLY the way it would normally work. I don't understand these people that think that if you can't find your kid in a matter of a few minutes you need to go into panic mode and start calling in the calvary. Kids wander. Kids explore. Kids go places they aren't supposed to go.

If my parents had called the cops every time they couldn't find me within 20 or 30 minutes, they might as well have just opened up a bed and breakfast for LE right there on the ranch, seeing how they would be basically living there anyway.

I would call 911 immediately because it would take awhile for LE to arrive. They were out in the middle of nowhere.

JMO

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I have to say, this is the strangest camping trip I've ever heard of. An extremely desolate campground with a toddler and two very elderly men? I assume the friend is similarly aged to great-grandpa. Why didn't grandma go? What sort of men of that age go camping together? I'm so confused about so many things with this case. My heart breaks for this baby.

I personally don't think it's all that strange. I'm not one who likes to go camping next to a highway or even a populated campground, my family goes into the middle of the forest to go camping...and I really mean deep in the woods ;-) Granted we are usually with a group of people. Last year I took my daughter camping (with the fam and other people) and she wasn't even quite a year old yet. As far as the great grandfather goes, I think it's AWESOME he went camping! Living life to the fullest, why not go camping? IIRC wasn't he only 72 years old? If so, I really don't find that to be too old IMO.

That's EXACTLY the way it would normally work. I don't understand these people that think that if you can't find your kid in a matter of a few minutes you need to go into panic mode and start calling in the calvary. Kids wander. Kids explore. Kids go places they aren't supposed to go.

If my parents had called the cops every time they couldn't find me within 20 or 30 minutes, they might as well have just opened up a bed and breakfast for LE right there on the ranch, seeing how they would be basically living there anyway.

There is a big difference between losing track of a toddler at home and one that disappears from a strange place. The disappearance of Adam Walsh was from a Sears store.

JMO

My father was an avid outdoorsman, as were his brothers and friends. They camped, and fished, and hunted until the end of their lives (with exceptions of very sick old men). When it stopped being fun carrying all the stuff, they brought sons, nephews, grandsons to do the heavy work, which sounds like how this family might be configured as well.

I took my first child camping for the first time when she was 18 months. I'm not particularly fond of camping and now prefer "hotel camping" but it doesn't strike me strange at all that the family of mixed ages went camping together.

I'd like to know more about g-grandpa's friend, but it's not a red flag, imo, to have a friend.

ETA: Maybe grandma didn't go camping because she doesn't like to camp. Again, that's alone is not a red flag to me. JMO.

Just peeking in here, saw this on Nancy...my first question was did grandad actually see the child at the campsite?

Weird feeling bout this case. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member