ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you zoom in on the map with the mines you can actually see the campground and there does not appear to be any mine near it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Sarx!

I believe another WS poster determined that as well...

But...

I thought it was worth a try!

:seeya:

I hope so! Then there would be hope little Deorr is not deceased.

I think he's still alive and is being hidden. Somebody in this case must have a tie to one or both of the counties. What they sound like they are offering to do is search court house records for any domestic violence, child abuse, divorce, custody proceeding that may have involved one of the parties.

JMO

The sheriff said investigators from Bonneville and Bingham counties have offered assistance in further follow-up investigations into any possible criminal histories of those involved.

http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap

It's worth remembering that this isn't exactly MSM. It seems to be a community website, and if you click on the author's name, they have only been a member for just on 4 months. It could just be poor wording at the end of the story.
Sorry if this has been covered already - I'm just catching up and am still a page or so behind, but it seemed worthy of a mention as folks were picking up on that last sentence in such surprise.

Based on the bio on her website the author seems to have years of work experience in local media though. Possibly recently retired?

I think he's still alive and is being hidden. Somebody in this case must have a tie to one or both of the counties. What they sound like they are offering to do is search court house records for any domestic violence, child abuse, divorce, custody proceeding that may have involved one of the parties.

JMO

The sheriff said investigators from Bonneville and Bingham counties have offered assistance in further follow-up investigations into any possible criminal histories of those involved.

http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap
Idaho Falls is in Bonneville county and Bingham is a neighboring county. The family lives in Idaho Falls I believe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Idaho happens to have an excellent online repository one can search for free. I found nothing about either parent. I've found things like my niece's ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

This case is a little close to home for me, geographically and genealogically. So maybe I'm biased, but I just don't think there's anything nefarious there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple of thoughts ...

First, can someone verify for me that "Stone Reservoir" and "Timber Creek Reservoir" are one and the same? At the moment, I can find Stone Reservoir on a map but not "Timber Creek Reservoir", but I note that Middle Timber Creek runs through Stone Reservoir, so possibly "Timber Creek Reservoir" is the local reference for Stone Creek Reservoir.

Second, can anyone tell me which way Timber Creek runs with regard to the Reservoir, i.e., does it run past Timber Creek Campground and then INTO the Reservoir, or does it run from the Reservoir out and past Timber Creek Campground?

Idaho Falls is in Bonneville county and Bingham is a neighboring county. The family lives in Idaho Falls I believe.

Bannock county is also very close by Idaho Falls. Shared resources would be the norm, I'd think, due to the low population.

HTH

Yep. I think it is kinda obvious the new "direction" this case has taken.

JMO

Bannock county is also very close by Idaho Falls. Shared resources would be the norm, I'd think, due to the low population.

HTH

I was commenting in regards to Bonneville and Bingham counties offering assistance in checking possible criminal backgrounds.

What are everyone's theories? My main ones are accidental drowning or wild animal carried him off. Why no trace of him, I don't know.

I'm being intentionally vague, but since dogs were unable to track any scent leading away from the campsite and continually circled back, I am considering the possibility that only cherished items were providing the scent and the little guy either didn't make it out of the truck or was carried away by a human. jmoo

http://790talknow.com/foxfeedspro/d...s-scour-wolf-den-reservoir-for-missing-child/

I thought the reservoir is upstream from the campsite, not downstream?
Right. I noticed that in the article too. We thought the creek ran from the reservoir passed the campsite because of what Dad said about the campsite sitting directly beneath / below the reservoir. It is also considered the lower campground. I think the article has it wrong. Every reference made about the reservoir was that it was "up" from the campsite. I haven't seen water flow up.

Of course I could be wrong.

Eta: The creek also spills into the reservoir at the opposite side.

I'm being intentionally vague, but since dogs were unable to track any scent leading away from the campsite and continually circled back, I am considering the possibility that only cherished items were providing the scent and the little guy either didn't make it out of the truck or was carried away by a human. jmoo
Good point. Wouldn't little Deorr's blankie confuse the scent trail for the dogs? Sarx?

The more I think about this boy and the possibility he wandered away, I am not willing to take anything off the table meaning abduction, foul play prior or after their arrival, an accident covered up ....... But LE has made it clear they are "good" with the parents.... So what do we not yet know then? Different direction of investigation to me sounds they suspect abduction, yet they are scaling back the search..... I'm lost on this one

Paulides is addressing Deorr Kunz case right now on C2C...

FYI...

(He has a few facts wrong... thinks gma is with the family...)

But....

Per Paulides:

Creek was walked shoulder to shoulder through creek... nothing found

Sheriff is dumbfounded

Parents are talking possible abduction

High percentage of these cases: kids will be found in water... or in high place...

Most LE think missing will take path of least resistance... so they don't think about higher places

Another case in Yosemite

Mom and dad camping ... see their kid... duck into RV for a moment.. come out... and child is gone

Marines start searching.. switchback trail on steep mountain...up 3,000 ft. and finds David Scott 3 years old.. naked, but for one sock, dead :(

Odd... people at camps below trail could have seen people going up and down the trail... very visible trail/no vegetation...

No indication that there had been abuse with family

Paulides couldn't dig up the report of autopsy!

Another case:

British Columbia

Boulder field find missing person dead..

people often found around boulder

SAR says it is very hard to get lost...easy to find, seemingly

Many times missing persons are found near boulders

(Note: TOTALLY ROUGH DRAFT ABOVE)

It reminds me of William Tyrrell's case... It was around this point of searching bushland and creeks with no signs of the boy anywhere that police said they were now looking at 'human interference'. I think that is quite likely in little Deorr's case too. Everyone (but the cops) thought at first there was no way someone could have abducted him in the time he want watched, but he was.

Also scaling back the search doesn't mean it isn't still being investigated.

I have been pondering over a child climbing up versus down since DeOrr went missing. I can only speak from my experience which is it was easier for my children to climb up than down any type of incline. Climbing up an incline provides the opportunity for unsteady children to use their hands as well as their feet. Climbing down creates such an unsteady feeling that my children felt the need to hold onto a hand to feel sure footed.

How rough is the road? Passenger car? High clearance? 4x?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member