ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you with Missing 411 tendencies, you may be interested to note that there is a small lake a little less than four miles west and a tad north of the campsite called, "Devil's Lake." Happened to see it while scouring the maps of the mines in the area. I had never heard of Missing 411 until this week. (I'll NOT be reading that anytime soon - I go camping way too much and would be paranoid.) The more I dig, the more I'm thinking old mine tunnel.

~~Sorry, this was in reply to the "Devil's Lake" post...

Eeek...I know what you are thinking....Also, another sortof UNrelated thought...In the interview with the parents, the dad, at least twice, started to call some location "Snake" something or other and then kept going back and "fixing" it....Could that mean something??

I wish they could drop a life sized doll into the creek and see where it goes and how fast. :sigh: I just don't understand why we have not found his cowboy boots yet.

Yeah, I wonder WHY he kept saying that and then correcting himself???....Makes me wonder. Why was "Snake" something or other on his mind?

Indeed I found that strange. Along w/the suspicious "emt" bag.
jmho

We dont know if 2 vehicles were used. However there is 1 photo of where we think we see the black truck. And IMO it has the smaller 1/2 extended cab which has just the tiny "dummy seats" in back which are not really fit to hold 2 adults comfortably for a long drive.

So if that truck picture is theirs, then IMO I do think there had to be 2 vehicles.

So if we assume 2 vehicles, then your example is a good hypothetical example of how the boy may have never even been seen by 2 of the adults at the campground.

Flip it around and it could have been the parents that never saw the boy.

Great-grandfather was said to be playing with Deorr when the parents left to go explore. So I think at least 3 of the 4 adults there saw Deorr.

Detectives have re-interviewed everyone who was in the Stone Reservoir and Timber Creek areas the day DeOrr went missing. In addition to Twin Falls County, the Bonneville County Sheriff's Office has also been asked to help with the investigation.
from the kvtb link

Trying to catch up on all my cases and can't believe there have been 7 pages here and more than 60 people are reading - has something big happened??

So we're left to wait and wonder.
I wonder how long they would have continued to actively search that reservoir if the "dogs" (whichever kind they were) hadn't hit on the cremains.
And wondering who exactly it is that is, as the sheriff said, "involved".
Is there something else that stopped that search other than finding out about the cremains?
Dang I wish I knew.
jmho

The search.
It's hard unless there is someone in charge ...and it is not their first rodeo (sorry but hope u realize where I'm going)
Is someone like Texas Equusearch there?

JMO

Yeah, I wonder WHY he kept saying that and then correcting himself???....Makes me wonder. Why was "Snake" something or other on his mind?

FWIW, He kept says "Snake River" instead of Search and Rescue. Odd indeed.

The Snake River runs through southern Idaho, including Idaho Falls, where DeOrr and his family live.

That first sentence from the sheriff makes one wonder who is reading here....
Hmmmm.
jmho

ETA: this statement from the link is clear saying "not at this time"--
"The sheriff also stated that at this time he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public."

Surely he would know the results of their polygraphs unless they have an attorney, wouldn't he?
And the drone is going to be used to gain evidence in case of a trial, not to search for this toddler:(
I guess even the sheriff is leaning towards foul play.
jmho

In a phone call today, Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn D. Bowerman confirmed that some person scattering human remains in the area did contaminate the search area. The scent of the remains threw off some of the search dogs, leading the trackers on a false trail.

Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened.

The sheriff also stated that at this time he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public.

So the drones are for gathering information in case it ever goes to trial, not for search and recovery

This isn't looking good for grandpa or his friend, if LE still doesn't consider mom and dad suspects

Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened.
=====================================================================

I find this really strange. The baby has not been found yet. But the drones are being brought in, NOT to search, but to document evidence in case of a future trial?????? HUH

I only started following this case a couple of days ago so I had a lot of catching up to do. Please bear with me as I'm still wondering about something that I can't find has been covered.

1/ Did the entire family arrive at the campground in the same vehicle?
or
2/ Did they arrive in separate vehicles at different times?

3/ If the latter, and Deorr and his parents got there first, did the grandfather even see the boy before the parents left to explore? Maybe and I do mean just maybe, the parents told the grandfather Deorr was having a nap and didn't look in on him so as not to disturb him.

The parents said he was with the grandfather and the grandfather thought he was with the parents. Has the grandfather had anything to say?

Im only trying to get a picture in my mind as to what took place before the 911 call.

The Grandfather wasn't there it was Great grandpa and his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288