ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article states that the dogs were thrown off by cremains that had been scattered, accidentally contaminating the area:

"In a phone call today Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn D. Bowerman confirmed that someone, who was scattering human remains of a family member in the area, did accidentally contaminate the search area. The scent of those remains threw off some of the dogs searching for DeOrr, leading the trackers on a false trail."

http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340

I have been following and trying to put the pieces of this mysterious and sad sad case together, without much luck. Sorry if this has been clarified already, but why did little Deorrs father go down the road to make his 911 call? I remember reading or seeing that he made a 911 call either right after or at the same time as Jessica, but not from the camp sight. That's the one thing that's really stuck with me this whole time. Was he trying to get better reception? I've not read all the MSM articles so my apologies if this has already been answered...
IMO

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

Lemhi Sheriff on Deorr Kunz: “We Do Not Suspect Foul Play”

The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office does not expect foul play in the disappearance of Idaho Falls toddler Deorr Kunz Jr., according to Sheriff Lynn Bowerman.Bowerman did not clarify what constitutes foul play, but has said in the past that nothing has been ruled out in the search for the toddler.

In an email to EastIdahoNews.com, Bowerman confirmed Deorr’s parents, Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, took lie detector tests but the sheriff did not say whether they passed or failed.
Kunz and Mitchell volunteered to take the tests. They told EastIdahoNews.com they believe their son was abducted and they want to remain focused on finding Deorr.

--more@link.

Can someone please fill me in on this EMT bag, whose was it and where is it missing from? And has that info come from the police or the family?

Sorry, I know it's old news, but WS is taking ages to load and trawling through posts just aint an option tonight!

~~Yes, he was looking for more signal bars on his cell phone. He didn't want to risk getting cut off in the middle of the call.

I have been following and trying to put the pieces of this mysterious and sad sad case together, without much luck. Sorry if this has been clarified already, but why did little Deorrs father go down the road to make his 911 call? I remember reading or seeing that he made a 911 call either right after or at the same time as Jessica, but not from the camp sight. That's the one thing that's really stuck with me this whole time. Was he trying to get better reception? I've not read all the MSM articles so my apologies if this has already been answered...
IMO

Can someone please fill me in on this EMT bag, whose was it and where is it missing from? And has that info come from the police or the family?

Sorry, I know it's old news, but WS is taking ages to load and trawling through posts just aint an option tonight!

Ill try to answer so long as I can throw out a question too. LOL

I also just heard about the EMT bag today.

When listening to the main interview with the parents, supposedly you can hear someone in the background bring it up twice but it was never talked about during the interview.

There was a few times during the interview that people in the background were adding things to be sure to cover about some of things they wanted to clear up.

So I think that is the original source of hearing about the EMT bag.

My question.
Does anyone know if Hospitals have crematoriams right at the hospital?

I have only ever heard of them at funeral homes. Was wondering if hospitals have them.

I know I keep repeating myself, but Deorr was wearing oversized boots and the boots definitely would have fallen and been found if the cougar carried him away. The boots really limit the plausible scenarios

Why would the boots definitely fall off? It's not always that easy to get boots off.

With respect to the boots DeOrr was apparently wearing, if I recall correctly they were described as "camouflage boots". How large would boots for a toddler be ... meaning, how "tall" -- maybe 6 or 8 inches? Seems to me that even if they fell off his feet, they would be hard to spot whether in the creek or in the woods because they were "camouflage" and likely not very large items.

I think it is crazy to dress a little kid in anything camo. They can be so easily lost and that makes it so much harder to find. How about bright clothing and such for little ones?

Wish we knew whether we are talking a size or two too big or he was wearing boots that would fit an adult too big. Lots of kids love wearing shoes that are huge on them, can be quite entertaining I might add.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Why would the boots definitely fall off? It's not always that easy to get boots off.

I think it is crazy to dress a little kid in anything camo. They can be so easily lost and that makes it so much harder to find. How about bright clothing and such for little ones?
I agree. I always preferred neon colors for easy spotting, especially when in the woods or water.

Wish we knew whether we are talking a size or two too big or he was wearing boots that would fit an adult too big. Lots of kids love wearing shoes that are huge on them, can be quite entertaining I might add.

How do we know they were oversized? I haven't found a link to anything saying that.

I agree. I always preferred neon colors for easy spotting, especially when in the woods or water.

In your profession, you would!!!

When listening to the main interview with the parents, supposedly you can hear someone in the background bring it up twice but it was never talked about during the interview.

There was a few times during the interview that people in the background were adding things to be sure to cover about some of things they wanted to clear up.

My question.

I have only ever heard of them at funeral homes. Was wondering if hospitals have them.

I've never worked in a hospital with a crematorium. Bodies would either go with the ME or to the morgue to be held until the funeral home could pick them up.

Google shows three funeral homes in Idaho Falls and two in Pocatello that do cremations. Idk if they all have on-site crematoriums?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

Lemhi Sheriff on Deorr Kunz: “We Do Not Suspect Foul Play”

The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office does not expect foul play in the disappearance of Idaho Falls toddler Deorr Kunz Jr., according to Sheriff Lynn Bowerman.Bowerman did not clarify what constitutes foul play, but has said in the past that nothing has been ruled out in the search for the toddler.

In an email to EastIdahoNews.com, Bowerman confirmed Deorr’s parents, Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, took lie detector tests but the sheriff did not say whether they passed or failed.
Kunz and Mitchell volunteered to take the tests. They told EastIdahoNews.com they believe their son was abducted and they want to remain focused on finding Deorr.

--more@link.

What's confusing is the sheriff does not suspect foul play.
The parents suspect abduction.
I surely get that they are clinging to all hope.
Not sure what to make of the sheriff's reasons.

And as far as the dad making his own 911 call he said he only had 1 bar (iirc) and drove up higher to get better reception.
Meanwhile his wife got thru. So his is prolly short but no one's heard it outside of official LE.
jmo

Here's what the sheriff says about the boots:

SHERIFF REPORTS TO COMMISSIONERS 7-13-15

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told the Lemhi County Commissioners Monday, July 13, that based on the intense and extensive search conducted near Leadore for two year old Deorr Kunz Jr., it doesn’t make sense that the boy was not found.

Bowerman said the trained search dogs found nothing and kept coming back to the camp. Helicopters were used day and night to fly the area and fly over Stone Reservoir which is shallow enough to see to the bottom. He said divers explored the lake while approximately 150 volunteers on foot and on horseback conducted a thorough three mile grid-search of Timber Creek. The possibility of abduction by bear, wolf or mountain lion is not being ruled out although no trace of the boy or his apparel, which included oversized cowboy boots, was found.
http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gliving

Interesting article about mountain lion sightings in Idaho near Boise.

http://www.mtexpress.com/news/enviro...e617c74dc.html

"Numerous mountain lion sightings in recent weeks have led wildlife officials to warn valley residents about the dangers they could pose.
Mountain lions can reach well over 100 pounds and take down prey more than five times their size. In recent years, mountain lions have killed numerous domesticated animals in the Wood River Valley, including llamas."

"Royse said officers have responded to numerous calls about mountain lions in recent weeks, from the town of Triumph to the Deer Creek neighborhood. He said cougars typically feed on mule deer, but that when times are tough they will seek easier prey.
“Most of the mule deer wintering range is down around the towns,” he said. “Yearling cats that have been pushed away by their mothers now have to fend for themselves. If they get desperate for a meal, they could eat cat or dog food that has been left out, or the cat or dog. So we are asking people to keep their animals and their food inside at night.”

The particular article you posted is referring to mountain lion sightings in the Wood River Valley (Sun Valley/Hailey) versus Boise but the exact same thing happens in Boise (as well as other parts of Idaho). In both areas, you have civilization butting up against nature. There are rivers running through, providing a wildlife "highway" into developed areas where invariably there are human/pet and wildlife interactions. But once you get away from towns, especially into NF area, there is just so much land that it's easy for wildlife to avoid people. I'm more likely to see wildlife recreating on the edge of town than I am up camping in the forest.

100% agree with you! I would like to add that typically (ie not always) wild animals steer clear of fire (iirc they had the fire started), they flee to stay alive.

I;m seeing people on posts after articles about this case suggesting bells on toddler's shoes as well as neon colors, as Sarx prefers, and leashes/tethers at campsites.

All sounds good to me, as well as having a system in place to ensure someone is watching the child at all times.

I;m guessing everyone was excited/tired when they arrived and Deorr slipped through the cracks.

My question.

Hospitals have them. They dispose of medical waste and also such things as amputations.
Morgues have them.
They are highly efficient machines and in my previous career I operated them when others were busy.
Wasn't a problem at all.
jmho
ETA: the most common cremations in hospitals are stillborn babies:(

How do we know they were oversized? I haven't found a link to anything saying that.

In your profession, you would!!!

BBM It was in the interview with the parents, where they commented on the boots being too big for him.

Here's what the sheriff says about the boots:

SHERIFF REPORTS TO COMMISSIONERS 7-13-15

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told the Lemhi County Commissioners Monday, July 13, that based on the intense and extensive search conducted near Leadore for two year old Deorr Kunz Jr., it doesn’t make sense that the boy was not found.

Bowerman said the trained search dogs found nothing and kept coming back to the camp. Helicopters were used day and night to fly the area and fly over Stone Reservoir which is shallow enough to see to the bottom. He said divers explored the lake while approximately 150 volunteers on foot and on horseback conducted a thorough three mile grid-search of Timber Creek. The possibility of abduction by bear, wolf or mountain lion is not being ruled out although no trace of the boy or his apparel, which included oversized cowboy boots, was found.
http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap

Thank you for that.

So they state they do not suspect foul play, that no clothing was found and should've been had an animal taken the baby, the waterways are shallow and have been fully searched and it makes no sense that they could not find him given the intensity of the search. So what's left?

I can't get over that he was wearing camo boots and a camo jacket. To me that would make it so much easier for his body to be hidden.

I can't imagine this baby could survive so many days in the wild.

BBM It was in the interview with the parents, where they commented on the boots being too big for him.

Thanks. And wouldn't that also make it hard for him to get far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam