ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this interview with the sister speaking on behalf of the parents is NOT listed on the links...

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...oys-aunt-just-please-bring-him-home/30222983/

However, the link below was listed in this thread. Both stories were posted on the same day, with different vid segments airing in each link. This was the final time as far as I can tell, anyone was willing to speak on camera.

If you listen/watch the second link at about the two min mark or so, JM seems to be gesturing and discussing the baby's boots and how easily they can slip off. Again, that is my interpretation, maybe she was discussing/demonstrating something else that someone can better interpret.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/15/missing-boy-deorr-search-dogs/30209081/

I agree. I always preferred neon colors for easy spotting, especially when in the woods or water.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hello Sarx...

Another poster brought up something really interesting and wanted to run the question by you based on your experience with SAR.

Would Search Dogs be afraid of natural predators like any other dog? Meaning if they were searching a track and all of a sudden ran into a Predator Track (like a Cougar or Bear), would that make the search dogs less likely to keep following the track they were on?

Like if the predator had a hold of the boy and so his smell track would be tied in with the predator track.

Coming from the UK the release of emergency calls is something I am not familiar with - we rarely get to hear them here unless they're used at trial and even then we're only likely to read a transcript, not hear the actual call (unless as a jury member). I get that this is different in the US.

So I have a question: Why is it we've heard mum's 911 call but why haven't we heard dad's? Is there a reason to release one to the public and withhold another?

I would hope that the call-taker speaking to dad didn't hang up just because a colleague had mum on another line - that's policing 101 & could be crucial down the line. I say this with previous LE experience - just because 1 person called 999 to report an incident didn't mean that colleagues didn't take similar messages from other callers - we just amalgamated the different calls into one log.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

Lemhi Sheriff on Deorr Kunz: “We Do Not Suspect Foul Play”

The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office does not expect foul play in the disappearance of Idaho Falls toddler Deorr Kunz Jr., according to Sheriff Lynn Bowerman.Bowerman did not clarify what constitutes foul play, but has said in the past that nothing has been ruled out in the search for the toddler.

In an email to EastIdahoNews.com, Bowerman confirmed Deorr’s parents, Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, took lie detector tests but the sheriff did not say whether they passed or failed.
Kunz and Mitchell volunteered to take the tests. They told EastIdahoNews.com they believe their son was abducted and they want to remain focused on finding Deorr.

--more@link.

eastidahonews seem also to be getting frustrated with the contradictory answers from LE, IMO.

Thanks. And wouldn't that also make it hard for him to get far?
I think that's why the sheriff told the commission that it makes no sense.
I have no other way of looking @this case except that foul play has to be involved.
And I don't doubt for one second that LE is being obtuse while they are investigating the backgrounds of all of those they refer to as "involved".
He's gone and left his little toy monkey behind:(
jmho

Can someone please fill me in on this EMT bag, whose was it and where is it missing from? And has that info come from the police or the family?

Sorry, I know it's old news, but WS is taking ages to load and trawling through posts just aint an option tonight!

There is no missing EMT bag. The EMT bag is a mystery. In the long interview the parents were trying to address some of the rumors that were going around about the case. Somebody sitting off-camera said something along the lines of "What about the EMT bag, that needs to be addressed." I appeared as if there were family members in the room while the interview was going on. The person who mentioned the EMT bag was a female.

We have been racking our brains out trying to find out what the meant. There has been no mention of it by LE or anybody else related to the case. Here is a link to the long interview:
[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

Thanks. And wouldn't that also make it hard for him to get far?

I'm torn on this one. My little girl (will be two on 7/29) has worn boots too large for her inside and outside while playing and trekking around (she would see the boots at home before she grew into them and insisted on wearing them :blushing::blushing:). She did surprisingly well in the boots until she would sit down on something with her legs dangling down. If she had her legs dangling she had to kick a bit and then the boots would come off. There was another pair of boots that she had which were also too large for her, however they had 'softer' sides. Those boots fell off a lot easier and were more difficult for her to walk in the boots with stiffer sides.

Coming from the UK the release of emergency calls is something I am not familiar with - we rarely get to hear them here unless they're used at trial and even then we're only likely to read a transcript, not hear the actual call (unless as a jury member). I get that this is different in the US.

So I have a question: Why is it we've heard mum's 911 call but why haven't we heard dad's? Is there a reason to release one to the public and withhold another?

I would hope that the call-taker speaking to dad didn't hang up just because a colleague had mum on another line - that's policing 101 & could be crucial down the line. I say this with previous LE experience - just because 1 person called 999 to report an incident didn't mean that colleagues didn't take similar messages from other callers - we just amalgamated the different calls into one log.

I am pretty sure ALL the calls are recorded and taped.

It is frustrating why the other call was not released. Just like it is very frustrating why we have not heard anything about the friend and whether the friend did or did not take lie detector tests too.

I have to conclude that the Sheriff is purposely limiting information. I sure hope the other jurisdictions have power to also make sure certain things happen in this case.

I can only go by the reports so far. The sheriff has stated they have no clue as to what happened to Deorr, I want to believe they did in fact examined thoroughly and even the father stated that he was assured 100% that he is not in the water. We are talking about professionals here so I want to believe they are doing a professional job.

The father stated he was not in the water because that's what LE told him; they then went back to search the reservoir after that comment. The father has also said he didn't feel DeOrr was in the "park" any more because of the high tech equipment that has been used.

I personally feel DeOrr went into the creek & was washed away passed where they started looking for him. They should have thrown something in the water similar weight to see what happened.

eastidahonews seem also to be getting frustrated with the contradictory answers from LE, IMO.

I think eastidahonews is getting frustrated because they are not getting the sensationalist story that they want.

No, we are bothered by the fact that every other statement seems to be extremely vague or contradicts itself.

Does this below show a hint that maybe the Sheriff could be biased about this case?

To me it sounds like he just contradicted himself.

He first indicates Twin Falls is going to cover areas where the boy disappeared and are difficult to search on foot. And then says it is not really for searching for the boy but could be for future criminal investigation. WTH?

"A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday to help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”"

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

I think eastidahonews is getting frustrated because they are not getting the sensationalist story that they want.

I don't see that here. But then I'm used to British tabloid press. Even the Queen of England isn't immune...

Just getting a chance to catch up on todays posts...

I keep seeing one thing mentioned over and over, that there is only one way into this camp and one way out. Are we absolutely positive of that? I mean, I know there is only one "road" that leads to camp, but looking at google maps and bing maps, that road doesn't just stop where the maps say it does. It may be even rougher than the forest road, but just from my knowledge of state/federal forest lands, there are usually many unmapped trails that off road vehicles, trucks, mudders, four wheelers, etc will use, and often they connect to other forest roads. Looking at aerial photos, it definitely looks like there are other trails that lead to this area. Is anyone really familiar with the area, that can definitely claim that there is no way anyone could access the site from a different trail?

Just getting a chance to catch up on todays posts...

I keep seeing one thing mentioned over and over, that there is only one way into this camp and one way out. Are we absolutely positive of that? I mean, I know there is only one "road" that leads to camp, but looking at google maps and bing maps, that road doesn't just stop where the maps say it does. It may be even rougher than the forest road, but just from my knowledge of state/federal forest lands, there are usually many unmapped trails that off road vehicles, trucks, mudders, four wheelers, etc will use, and often they connect to other forest roads. Looking at aerial photos, it definitely looks like there are other trails that lead to this area. Is anyone really familiar with the area, that can definitely claim that there is no way anyone could access the site from a different trail?

I am not from the area but have seen a post from someone that indicated there was at least 2 other roads that can get you in and out of that area.

So I think the answer is there is more than just 1 way in there.

I believe this interview with the sister speaking on behalf of the parents is NOT listed on the links...

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...oys-aunt-just-please-bring-him-home/30222983/

However, the link below was listed in this thread. Both stories were posted on the same day, with different vid segments airing in each link. This was the final time as far as I can tell, anyone was willing to speak on camera.

If you listen/watch the second link at about the two min mark or so, JM seems to be gesturing and discussing the baby's boots and how easily they can slip off. Again, that is my interpretation, maybe she was discussing/demonstrating something else that someone can better interpret.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/15/missing-boy-deorr-search-dogs/30209081/

Great find on these interviews...first time anyone said there was a "log jam" in the reservoir. I am still completely baffled as to why parents have not spoken out again. Did anyone find out if there are lawyers involved yet or when and where and more importantly, if they passed polys?

I also think there are ways that one could get thru without using the notorious bumpy road in.
It would require a atv or horse I would think.
I just have to wonder if any partying had been going on before Deorr went missing.
It was a little vacation. Things happen. People do things that they find fun.
Sorry but the confusion and the contradictions are frustrating.
So I had to put that thought out there.
It's possible that in some situations people become distracted while having "fun" and lose track of time.
jmo

Does this below show a hint that maybe the Sheriff could be biased about this case?

To me it sounds like he just contradicted himself.

He first indicates Twin Falls is going to cover areas where the boy disappeared and are difficult to search on foot. And then says it is not really for searching for the boy but could be for future criminal investigation. WTH?

"A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday to help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”"

I honestly don't know what to think of it. The fact that this is all being done via email is most odd. That might very well be normal in the US.

If it isn't the norm then it suggests the Sheriff is keeping the media at arms length and doesn't want to be talking to them.

~~The Creek: What does it feed into? Sorry if I missed this. Why do I think it was the Reservoir....but that can't be..can it?

The father stated he was not in the water because that's what LE told him; they then went back to search the reservoir after that comment. The father has also said he didn't feel DeOrr was in the "park" any more because of the high tech equipment that has been used.

I personally feel DeOrr went into the creek & was washed away passed where they started looking for him. They should have thrown something in the water similar weight to see what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member