ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your post. Just what I too have been thinking. I have followed many missing persons but this one is so very unusual in not giving out the simplest details of a missing child.

I worry that this particular LE is not equipped to handle this kind of missing child case.

Poor little Deorr. There now seems to be no sense of urgency in finding him. No reporters and no LE asking for the public's help in finding what happened to this little boy.

I have never followed a case with no information during or after the loss of a little child.

Are they still looking? Following leads? Have any idea what happened to him?

It's one strange case to follow.

This is a big concern of mine, too. It seems to be a very small, rural sheriff's office. I wonder how many major cases they handle each year, especially when it comes to missing people.

Thank you for your post. Just what I too have been thinking. I have followed many missing persons but this one is so very unusual in not giving out the simplest details of a missing child.

I worry that this particular LE is not equipped to handle this kind of missing child case.

Poor little Deorr. There now seems to be no sense of urgency in finding him. No reporters and no LE asking for the public's help in finding what happened to this little boy.

I have never followed a case with no information during or after the loss of a little child.

Are they still looking? Following leads? Have any idea what happened to him?

It's one strange case to follow.

Helicopters, 300 (!) volunteers, two kinds of scent dogs, police officers, SAR, horses, ATVs, and sonar imaging. IMO this kind of effort shows a sense of urgency and determination. I agree it's strange but maybe if they have nothing to tell they have nothing to tell.

Of course I hope they're not updating us because they ARE onto something and once it's worked out they will report.

Here's to hoping.

hola, 412. nice to see ya.

fwiw, folks, this is probably the umpteenth case I've followed where exactly this has happened. 10+ days out, no news, silent family, frustrated posters...if I hear the term "close to the vest" in regards to LE one more time I'm going to vomit. they don't even wear vests! :tantrum:

what we cannot do is implode on eachother. keep calm and sleuth on. there's ALWAYS a wabbit hole to dive down just be vewy vewy quiet...;)

I'll be back later. Tired of the games being played on the back of this poor little guy's case. Such a shame.

fwiw, folks, this is probably the umpteenth case I've followed where exactly this has happened. 10+ days out, no news, silent family, frustrated posters...if I hear the term "close to the vest" in regards to LE one more time I'm going to vomit. they don't even wear vests! :tantrum:

what we cannot do is implode on eachother. keep calm and sleuth on. there's ALWAYS a wabbit hole to dive down just be vewy vewy quiet...;)

Oh, but they do! The flak vests are under their uniforms so we can't see them, that's all.

I agree. I have followed quite a few cases through my life....too many.... and the silence is awful... but just sleuth on your own, share links..... maybe a verified insider will appear :) until then we all want little Deorr found!

I know LE has claimed that they don't believe the parents are suspects. That may make it "obvious" to you that they believe everything the parents say, but LE has been known to lie for investigative reasons, so I am not convinced that they have absolutely no suspicions.

RSBM [emoji1]

Agreed. One example is Noah Thomas's parents. Police kept stating that the parents were not suspects. And the day poor Noah was buried both were arrested. Baby Elaina Steinfurth was another one. Kept saying the mother's boyfriend was not a suspect. He is now in prison for murder along with the mother.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

this might be a stupid question (already been established by me that I must be stupid lol)...did any media outlet release pictures of their campsite AS IT WAS when deorr went missing?

I'm specifically looking for a tent and/or campfire. TIA.

Not a stupid question, at all. They have not released any photos of the campsite as it was set up when the family was there. Don't know if LE even took pictures when they first arrived.

I agree w/the rabbit. Deorr is worth Everything in the world. But still we can remain calm.
I reiterate that even though I find certain "aspects" of this "case" confusing/disturbing, I don't want to end this thread or the search for this boy.
You know, Tazmanian Devils will eat anything, but Bugs Bunny finally realize that they prefer rabbit.
trying to find a way to laugh off the tension....
:moo:

Helicopters, 300 (!) volunteers, two kinds of scent dogs, police officers, SAR, horses, ATVs, and sonar imaging. IMO this kind of effort shows a sense of urgency and determination. I agree it's strange but maybe if they have nothing to tell they have nothing to tell.

Of course I hope they're not updating us because they ARE onto something and once it's worked out they will report.

Here's to hoping.

BBM yes I understand that but that's yesterday's news. What are they doing today?

flak vests. right. DUH. still makes me want to vomit.

thanks claire...and I'm sure first responders' concern was NOT landscape photography of their campsite...just wondering. drones are taking pictures NOW but what "evidence" (cougar, creek or otherwise) would even be relevant at this point. the "scene" (i won't call it 'crime' scene) has been changed & compromised dramatically considering the family was relocated, the weather, and the searchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth