ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"(Skip the url for Cougarattacks.org, all I got was ads for older women and bobcats for sale)"

Ok, sorry, but that part made me smile.

Just checking in to see if there is any news yet. I was hoping there would be some clue as to what happened to little DeOrr.

As I was driving along today I was thinking about him and one of my thoughts was that he vanished without a trace.

That's always a hard one because we can come up everything imaginable in our guessing and imagination.

I was also thinking about his family returning to DeOrr's things. His clothing, toys and foods he liked to eat.

How does one go on with such a tragedy? I hope they are getting some good support and able to comfort one another. These are going to be hard days for a family leaving an area where their son went missing and learning how to live without him.

That may be, but that's one helluva big wolf, LOL

It sure is! Sad for the wolf but it sounds like she killed it cleanly so I won't fault her for killing it. I do question the logic of hunting for ungulate big game in an area known for wolf predation.

The wolf situation in Idaho is so interesting. In many ways they really have a war mentality, just like many people in the early 1900s in most of the American west. A century later and there is still little cognizance by some of what happens to a whole ecosystem when you take out an apex predator.

Sorry to get off topic.

Where is DeOrr?????

I read the comments on a Facebook page days ago, and those links are not allowed on Websleuths. The comments were made in response to a flier that incorrectly listed DeOrr's eye color as blue.

It sure is! Sad for the wolf but it sounds like she killed it cleanly so I won't fault her for killing it. I do question the logic of hunting for ungulate big game in an area know for wolf predation.

The wolf situation in Idaho is so interesting. In many ways they really have a war mentality, just like many people in the early 1900s in most of the American west. A century later and there is still little cognizance by some of what happens to a whole ecosystem when you take out an apex predator.

Sorry to get off topic.

Where is DeOrr?????

It may be a little off topic, but fascinating and you're educating a lot of people on things they might never have thought about. I tend to believe all campers should know more about the wildlife in the area, especially with little children.

I find it interesting that the theory of Deorr not being at the campground at all has been introduced. The wild animal theory seems to be losing ground because no trace of clothing or boots have been found. I also find it noteworthy that great-grandpa has been cleared but not his "friend." It is somewhat comforting that this investigator thinks there will be a resolution. My fear is that Deorr won't be found and no one will ever know what happened to him. I hate to say it but even finding him deceased is better, in my opinion, than not finding him at all. I don't know what the chances are that he is still alive but I will continue to hold out hope. This case is just so sad - such an adorable little boy full of life and innocence.

It may be a little off topic, but fascinating and you're educating a lot of people on things they might never have thought about. I tend to believe all campers should know more about the wildlife in the area, especially with little children.

Yes.

Just because I think wildlife is an unlikely cause of this particular disappearance does NOT mean I think it's impossible for wildlife to harm a small child. Or a grownup, for that matter, like those idiots harassing the bear in Yellowstone Park a few weeks ago.

The wilderness can be dangerous and it pays to understand it and treat it with respect. I suspect that this family was guilty of nothing worse than assuming the area they were in presented no more danger than their back yard, and not realizing how fast something bad can happen.

I find it interesting that the theory of Deorr not being at the campground at all has been introduced. The wild animal theory seems to be losing ground because no trace of clothing or boots have been found. I also find it noteworthy that great-grandpa has been cleared but not his "friend." It is somewhat comforting that this investigator thinks there will be a resolution. My fear is that Deorr won't be found and no one will ever know what happened to him. I hate to say it but even finding him deceased is better, in my opinion, than not finding him at all. I don't know what the chances are that he is still alive but I will continue to hold out hope. This case is just so sad - such an adorable little boy full of life and innocence.

Yeah how could the theory of DeOrr never being at campground go along with the statement that the parents are solid. Shaking my head at that one.

Yeah how could the theory of DeOrr never being at campground go along with the statement that the parents are solid. Shaking my head at that one.

It's just his opinion that is one of the theories that LE might be entertaining. They obviously have to look at everything.

I don't subscribe to that theory at all. IMO

On another note with the article, I thought one of our members (SleuthMom?) said that there would be an article out last night/yesterday about the friend?

The wording is interesting though.

Hey everyone, I'm new to this thread, so I've skimmed through most posts. Is
there any evidence that Deorr was 100% at the camp grounds? Is there a video
of him at the store?

I'm not sure, but it might be sleuthing/speculating on or calling the parents liars if anyone sleuths that angle. (DeOrr not being at the campground in the first place).

Hopefully a mod can answer that one for you.

No video at the store, so we've been told.

ETA---Was supposed to quote Paula88 :gaah:

I read the comments on a Facebook page days ago, and those links are not allowed on Websleuths. The comments were made in response to a flier that incorrectly listed DeOrr's eye color as blue.

I want to clarify that my post above was in response to someone's request for links to my information that family members have stated that DeOrr's eye color is brown, with the exception of one individual I recall who stated they occasionally appear hazel. I neglected to post my response with quotes--sorry.

It's just his opinion that is one of the theories that LE might be entertaining. They obviously have to look at everything.

I don't subscribe to that theory at all. IMO

On another note with the article, I thought one of our members (SleuthMom?) said that there would be an article out last night/yesterday about the friend?

The wording is interesting though.

Oh I definitely believe little DeOrr was there. And can't help it but still curious why the big mystery with ggp' s friend. You would think it was the governor or something lol. Jmo

I'm not sure, but it might be sleuthing/speculating on or calling the parents liars if anyone sleuths that angle. (DeOrr not being at the campground in the first place).

Hopefully a mod can answer that one for you.

No video at the store, so we've been told.

ETA---Was supposed to quote Paula88 :gaah:

Since that theory was mentioned in msm, is it still not sleuthable? Like I said I believe he was there.

Right. We know at 6 pm, it wasn't daddy and baby Deorr. The time discrepancy doesn't make sense - did someone really confuse early evening with the middle of the day? Especially if you consider that if it's the same clerk, you're talking about early on in her shift versus later, presumably toward the end of her shift (6 hours between what the family reports versus what she reports and assuming an 8 hour work day). I'd be very willing to say that if she's sure about it being 6 pm, then it was just some other father/son duo passing through that has nothing to do with the disappearance. Trucks aren't exactly rare around here and black, or some variation like a dark grey or blue that could be mistaken for black, isn't uncommon, either. But then why are the parents sure that her sighting that she says occurred at 6 pm is really them? In other words, they want to claim the sighting, nailing down that they were in the store, but they want to tweak the time that it occurred when the logical explanation of a 6 pm sighting is that it was just someone similar.

And ther timeline is really odd. If it was a kidnapper at the 6 pm sighting, why would he only be 40 minutes down the road if he kidnapped the child 3 1/2 hours earlier?

And ther timeline is really odd. If it was a kidnapper at the 6 pm sighting, why would he only be 40 minutes down the road if he kidnapped the child 3 1/2 hours earlier?

I can think of a scenario but prefer not to say it. Think about what may be taking place in the woods during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member