AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link...

As for the brands, dymples is sold at Big W.

I had a quick look online for the brand "Gaf" and looked on the ABN page to see if there is or was a business under that name, as it looks as though that piece of clothing says "made in Australia" on the tag. There is a company that has the current name "GA Fashions" in NSW and if you look under the historical details they had a business name of "G.A.F. Clothing" from 2000-2007. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=33001956047

This site also lists Gaf clothing as a children's clothing manufacturer/distributor... http://www.aussieweb.com.au/business/gaf+clothing+pty+ltd/1423264/

Obviously I have no idea if this is the same manufacturer of the piece of clothing found with the little girl, but thought I'd post this, just in case it is...

Thanks Em and welcome.

BBM: Yes it looks like it would be the same one with the lower case a and f in the brand name. They are also manufacturers and distributors of G A Fashions Pty. Ltd., Misty and Billy The Kid.

http://www.australianplanet.com/gaf-clothing-pty-ltd-st-peters-nsw-F1707C7061AD1

It's add odd mix of clothing isn't it, not many cold weather items.

Does the Dymples garment say size 2 or size 12? I think it's 2.
View attachment 78724

And are these boxer shorts? They look like mens don't they?
View attachment 78727

It's hard to see the measurements but do I see some kind of insignature on them, like an 'SS'? It reminds me of the Holden SS logo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 48
So much evidence, left in a place where it was almost inevitable to be found..........

It's hard to see the measurements but do I see some kind of in signature of them, like an 'SS'? It reminds me of the Holden SS logo.

Great pick-up tgy. The image of that particular garment is quite blurry and nondescript compared to the other pics. It looks like there is an image of the front of a purple car with grill and headlights on the left of those shorts. Are they shorts? Boys shorts/pyjamas? Men's boxers?

To me the musical notes on the quilt seem out of place, ie they don't seem to fit in with the rest of the patterns.

To me the musical notes on the quilt seem out of place, ie they don't seem to fit in with the rest of the patterns.

Then perhaps indeed handmade and from new and old fabric, I think. Factory made quilts are certainly tuned more tastefully.
That maybe the work of a nice grandma, who loved her girl. Perhaps mother or father of the little girl had sometime claimed to be not allowed to see the child - and half of the relatives know nothing.

Why is all the clothing so very dirty? I wonder if it was first buried without a suitcase until then, when it was dumped near Wynarka in the case.

Great pick-up tgy. The image of that particular garment is quite blurry and nondescript compared to the other pics. It looks like there is an image of the front of a purple car with grill and headlights on the left of those shorts. Are they shorts? Boys shorts/pyjamas? Men's boxers?

Even better pickup! It does look like the front of a '50's classic' vehicle so that item is kinda looking more boyish to me...a brother/twin?

I zoomed in to see closer at the quilt sometimes the seamstress will leave a sewn signature but that's in extremely bad condition. The top is so perished away that's the backing you can see.

When I saw the musical notes fabric, I immediately thought that this little girl loved music and the quilt was made especially for her. I'm probably way off with that thinking but that quilt really disturbs me.

I'm stumped as to why the pic of the quilt has only now been released to the public. It's quite distinct and apparently handmade. The quilt more so than the clothing would jog someone's memory IMO.

I think the clothing could have just been stored in a dusty old garage, a bit open to the weather, maybe not in the suitcase at the time, ie like in cardboard boxes with no top.

You obviously have Eagle eyes!

I'd love to nominate you our honary Aussie FG. You've been wonderful in our Stephanie Scott, this one thread and many others!

It's good to know the police read our WS so who knows we could be leading them to an arrest.

(I'm about to see if a mongrel iPad will fly like a frizbie because it's playing up a bloody treat!!)

Even better pickup! It does look like the front of a '50's classic' vehicle so that item is kinda looking more boyish to me...a brother/twin?

I zoomed in to see closer at the quilt sometimes the seamstress will leave a sewn signature but that's in extremely bad condition. The top is so perished away that's the backing you can see.

I also zoomed right in and searched the quilt for an initial or name. Sometimes people will sew on the initials or the name of the person they're making the quilt for.

The dark blue shorts also look to have white piping down the leg on the left of the pic.

Then perhaps indeed handmade and from new and old fabric, I think. Factory made quilts are certainly tuned more tastefully.
That maybe the work of a nice grandma, who loved her girl. Perhaps mother or father of the little girl had sometime claimed to be not allowed to see the child - and half of the relatives know nothing.

Why is all the clothing so very dirty? I wonder if it was first buried without a suitcase until then, when it was dumped near Wynarka in the case.

RBBM I agree our little Jane Doe might have been exhumed but it could be the deterioration of her little body from the elements.

So many items in the suitcase but her tiny bones wouldn't take up much room.

When I saw the musical notes fabric, I immediately thought that this little girl loved music and the quilt was made especially for her. I'm probably way off with that thinking but that quilt really disturbs me.

I'm stumped as to why the pic of the quilt has only now been released to the public. It's quite distinct and apparently handmade. The quilt more so than the clothing would jog someone's memory IMO.

I think, there were forensic reasons to show the plaid only now. The blanket looks very attacked and perhaps contains many important traces.

The quilt measures 90cm by 90cm which would take her from bassinet, cot to a bed.

That's a very thoughtful long lasting gift which makes this all the more sadder.

Looks handmade and what you would see on Facebook WAHM pages or etsy (WAHM = work at home mum)

I had two made for my boys when my second was born, easy for me to organise but I imagine in 2008/2009 those WAHM, etsy pages weren't as active/popular?

I think, there were forensic reasons to show the plaid only now. The blanket looks very attacked and perhaps contains many important traces.

I think they've been testing the blanket, but in same sentence I think the release of this was strategic...

I believe (hope) we are very close and this handmade blanket will hopefully jog some memories.. If the case does indeed date back to 2008 I think it'll be easier to find the blanket maker than now... There are so many purchase homemade craft sites that these blankets have somewhat become fashionable again! I had two made after my sons were born (my grandma offered and had her details stitched into the blanket, so my boys knew who, where it came from, hoping this quiltmaker did same!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth