AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone want to post the pic of those SS Commodore boxer shorts (assuming that's what they are) to a Holden forum to see if anyone recognises when they were available? what a mishmash of items!

That certainly is a very distinctive quilt! Interesting that they have only released it now, but no doubt that is a strategic move.

The big of boys and girls clothes is a little odd... especially what appears to be older boys/men's boxer shorts. My 12 year old has some similar, but I've never seen that type in younger children's sections.

The knock off dora top with the orange tag.... a lot of the knock off clothing I buy from aliexpress has the orange tags. I'm just waiting for the washing machine to finish so I can double check the clothing.

Great pick-up tgy. The image of that particular garment is quite blurry and nondescript compared to the other pics. It looks like there is an image of the front of a purple car with grill and headlights on the left of those shorts. Are they shorts? Boys shorts/pyjamas? Men's boxers?

Makara, it could be an authentic trade mark for Holden memorabilia and they do have white piping. I wonder what the label says on those shorts. It just doesn't fit right for a girl does it.

I've just found some Holden boxers on eBay, with a red car in them (almost identical) phone is not letting me upload pic....

I remember this fabric about 25 years ago because my friend made some laundry curtains. The exact same background and daisies.

It's strange this little swatch of fabric remains bright.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 176
“It has been suggested this is a so-called i-Spy quilt which is especially constructed to allow a parent to play i-Spy with the child using the images stitched into the blanket,” he said.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews/posts/900139183396758:0

Oh Wow the quilt :cry:

I have seen the pumpkin and sunflower material before but cant think where. Sunflowers were very popular when I lived in country SA years ago and a lot of my quilting friends loved them. It does look like an i-Spy quilt IMO
This is so sad.

To the right in the pic is that star material?

anyone want to post the pic of those SS Commodore boxer shorts (assuming that's what they are) to a Holden forum to see if anyone recognises when they were available? what a mishmash of items!

I think the SS stands for Super Sport, which is indicative of car models that are sportier than the original version. Many manufacturers release SS versions of sedans. I looked up the Holden emblem and it doesn't look similar to the emblem on the car on the shorts.

I think the SS is the right direction, but I don't think it is a Holden. I think it could be for another make and model. Sorry if I am stating the obvious here, there are a lot of new posts and I have only scanned many of them.

What material are the Winnie the Pooh and other shorts made out of? Is that regular cloth or is it a "diaper cover" material of some sort? I don't have kids, it may be super common.

Thanx Em for those links.

I thought 39 Crown Street St Peters may be a factory but it's a unit block, maybe the registered address.

http://www.aussieweb.com.au/business/gaf+clothing+pty+ltd/1423264/

You're welcome :).

On the ABN lookup page, the current name, G A FASHIONS PTY LTD has the main business location postcode, 2026.

Areas in postcode 2026:
<Modsnip>
Bondi
Bondi Beach
North Bondi
Tamarama

But from 13 Mar 2000-28 Sep 2007, the postcode of their main business location was listed as 2044 (the same postcode as the one listed on the aussieweb link).

Areas in postcode 2044:
St Peters
Sydenham
Tempe

I think the SS stands for Super Sport, which is indicative of car models that are sportier than the original version. Many manufacturers release SS versions of sedans. I looked up the Holden emblem and it doesn't look similar to the emblem on the car on the shorts.

I think the SS is the right direction, but I don't think it is a Holden. I think it could be for another make and model. Sorry if I am stating the obvious here, there are a lot of new posts and I have only scanned many of them.
I think this is definately Holden Commodore SS.
The 'newer' models came out with this differing badge from older versions.
Id hazard a guess at them using it from perhaps the VY model onwards. Which is early 2000s if i remember correctly. Ill try and see if i can find out.

The pictures of the clothes and quilt are heartbreaking :( I hope they find who this little girl is and the monster who did this and quickly.

Yes, the timing of the release of the pic of the quilt is puzzling. As already mentioned, it's probably the most identifiable item released so far. I am a sewer, and have made many quilts. The material in this one is a little old-fashioned, similar to that used in 80s or 90s, or maybe more recently by a grandmother who stashed material away for many years. It's a small quilt, the size I would have made for a pram, cot or floor play. There is a possibility of this being a hand-me-down or bought from an op shop as well. Definitely an I-Spy quilt made with octogon shapes, which was very popular a few years back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 181
Brilliant find Em! That pic looks the same as the one the police issued so they are a few steps in front of us. I wondered how they lifted such a clear bright photo of that fabric.

Was thinking maybe it was underneath the top fabric so was preserved under

http://portugalresident.com/skeletal-remains-of-murdered-child-%E2%80%9Cclosely-resembling-madeleine-mccann%E2%80%9D-found-in-australia

A Portuguese news site.

There is also a heap of Polish news websites speculating that the little girl could be Madeleine McCann. Not sure why or whether there is a Polish link...maybe because I understand Polish, I am tending to selectively notice their headlines in my google searches. I think international news sites everywhere are starting to speculate about this theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member