GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the 5 year d saying her brother was in the car considered a confirmed sighting ? TIA

@FCN2go: Barring anything breaking, JSO will update the public on their search efforts for Lonzie Barton at 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning. #FINDLONZIE

[video=twitter;625129312463790080]https://twitter.com/fcn2go/status/625129312463790080[/video]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So should I ask this question?

If Mom has a record and a drug history and boyfriend has the same, why where the children not in the care of CPS or some other responsible family member?

Is it too naive to think that this would be in the best interests of the children?

I put more effort into caring for my dogs than some parents put into caring for their children.

I knew this would be the path that we would take on this case and I fear the outcome is not going to be good either, if Lonzie is ever found.

Sad beyond belief. I can only shake my head.

Agree with you as to how sad this is. As to why CPS wasn't involved (do we know that as a fact?), first someone has to provide CPS with reason to investigate. If no one comes forward and gets involved, CPS doesn't know there's a problem. Secondly, if CPS took custody of every child whose custodial parent had a record and a history of drug use, they wouldn't begin to have room for them all. Sad, but true. Finally, laws in many states require CPS to make keeping the family together the top priority, in which case they wouldn't be able to remove a child for "just " prior drug use and a record.

Agree with you as to how sad this is. As to why CPS wasn't involved (do we know that as a fact?), first someone has to provide CPS with reason to investigate. If no one comes forward and gets involved, CPS doesn't know there's a problem. Secondly, if CPS took custody of every child whose custodial parent had a record and a history of drug use, they wouldn't begin to have room for them all. Sad, but true. Finally, laws in many states require CPS to make keeping the family together the top priority, in which case they wouldn't be able to remove a child for "just " prior drug use and a record.

That's SO true. There is no room in foster care for every neglected, abused, drug-addicted household child. Just as in the past, there was no help for every starved, abused, abandoned, brutalized child. We have no way, as a society, to take care of all the children that are at risk. Horribly sad.

Think its also safe to say for Non Locals that dont know our area, retention ponds are VERY common here and not always on the maps (google maps, map quest and so on.). In my community of 298 house, we have 11 of them NONE of which are on the map. Thus showing it is very very HARD for searching for this poor little guy. Not to mention we are surrounded by woods and trees and forests.

And bouncing off what you said:

[video=twitter;625121943520419840]https://twitter.com/BachmanANjax/status/625121943520419840[/video]

Hats off to LE.

Isn't the 5 year d saying her brother was in the car considered a confirmed sighting ? TIA

This is a great question. I hope some other sleuthers know the answer. Obviously, they want to interview her and know what she knows and go off of things she says to investigate but is a 5 yr old's sighting a ' confirmed' sighting ? Great question. I am actually leaning towards ' no' if I had to guess.

22:16
As part of his news briefing, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief Tom Hackney said “a potential piece of evidence” was recovered at Baker Skinner Park at 7641 Powers Ave., about a mile from the apartment complex where Lonzie lived.
http://jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2015-07-24/story/live-blog-search-lonzie-barton

They said the laundromat is about a mile and a half from the apt, is this park between the apt complex, and laundromat? I just looked at the map, the park is right down from the laundromat.

I haven't been able to follow as close as I wanted to but I am confused about something.

I am thinking that I have read that his mother last saw him at the Laundromat, and also that she last saw him when she left for work.

Wasn't Lonzie in the car because bf was taking her to work? I though I saw earlier that bf dropped her off at work and then went to the Laundromat.

I also keep thinking back to all the confusion with the Cummings......

I haven't been able to follow as close as I wanted to but I am confused about something.

I am thinking that I have read that his mother last saw him at the Laundromat, and also that she last saw him when she left for work.

Wasn't Lonzie in the car because bf was taking her to work? I though I saw earlier that bf dropped her off at work and then went to the Laundromat.

I also keep thinking back to all the confusion with the Cummings......

I'm confused about this as well. After reading through everything several times, I've come to the conclusion that it's possible mom, boyfriend, kids went to the laundry to throw the wash in before taking mom to work. After dropping mom off, they stop back by the laundromat to move clothes from washer to dryer/start another load/whatever. That seems to be the only conclusion I could come up with, but I've never been to a laundromat in my life, so I don't know what the timing is like.

ETA: Or maybe there was only one trip to the laundromat and it's being reported wrong or someone is trying to be sneaky and telling fibs about where they were that night for some sort of alibi.

Thanks Hoosier952, that makes sense.....or at least as much sense can be made of anything here.

Poor poor little Lonzie and his sis.

I have been wondering about the mom saying she last saw him at 8 at the laundromat because if the Suspect drove her to work, then the last place she saw him should be her workplace. But I don't think anyone has ever said the suspect drover her TO work. We know he said he was on his way to pick her up from work, but that is it. I wonder if they stopped there and a co-worker picked her up on the way to the gentleman's club. That is how this scenario makes sense to me, but who knows really. The police took a computer from the laundromat, so they may have verified some of these assertions.

My husband and I went to the site today. We gave out water, chikfila, fruit and a few other things to LE. Also went to court house to see the stand in front of the judge....just defiant. I just wanted to scream at him and honestly beat the hell out of him. But....instead I balled. Tonight we went to the vigal, a few of Cherish" family members were there, Deana Thompson was there. A few other people that have missing or murdered children were there. The whole night almost took my breath away. We took our 4 year old blonded hair, blue eyed granddaughter with us. Maybe we,should not have but we told her what was going on. Her main focus was wanting the canines' to find Lonzie. We will go back if citizens start searching!

[video=twitter;625129312463790080]https://twitter.com/FCN2go/status/625129312463790080[/video]

So unless something breaks tonight the search will resume in the morning.

thinking Ebron will have drug withdraws any day now....maybe then he will start talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam