ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's start a list of statements we want confirmed by LE or MSM. As you think of one, add it to the list and repost. If you have a link, please attach it next to the item on the list. I think we should number the list so we can keep track of which list is most recent. I'll start.

1. Was the store (Stage Stop?) clerk interviewed about a possible 6 pm sighting of DeOrr?
2. Were DeOrr's blanket, cup and monkey in the truck or with DeOrr at the campsite when he disappeared?

So, is it a replica? or is it the actual blanket? Did he just accidentally say the word "replica" without intending too? Or am I dense? :thinking:

ETA: or maybe the word "actual" was the accidental word?

What does this statement mean? :sigh:

I think he's trying to describe the term security blanket, like Linus on Peanuts who is never without his blanket. The dad is trying to describe that Deorr and his blanket is an exact replica of Linus and his blanket.

It's precious.

I think he sometimes mixes up words. My brother does that too. I can't think of an example right now but he uses one word when he really means another.

DK says hearsay a few times too. Not sure why he is stuck on that word or why he uses it in place of something else. Like when he says the cell service is hearsay. Then he says here and there, this is camping... or some such thing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Could be, but considering how concerned he was in pointing out how much "hear say" was going on I thought that was sort of a Freudian slip...

But, which do you think is his meaning in regard to the blanket? Is it the actual blanket or is it a replica? Im not being snarky, I just really want to understand what he is saying. I had a hard time following the interview, as someone posted upthread that they felt they needed a cheat sheet to understand what was being discussed. I felt much the same way. moo

I think he's trying to describe the term security blanket, like Linus on Peanuts who is never without his blanket. The dad is trying to describe that Deorr and his blanket is an exact replica of Linus and his blanket.

It's precious.

right but, replica and actual are opposites?

From the interview:

Reporter: tell me about the blanket.

Jessica:this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..

D:All three has to be with him.

J: Yes.

D:He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.

J:Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.

D:This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.

-----------------------

I posted this because people are discussing the blanket.

What do you think she is wondering and what is his other concern of why?

Wondering if he left on his own - and wondering why he didn't take his stuff?

I would guess wondering if he was abducted. Like we're wondering how he could be gone without his stuff. It's impossible he would be gone without his stuff.

But "That's our other concern of why" doesn't make any sense to me because of how it's worded. It sounds to me (imoo) like when someone is trying to sound official or professional and not quite getting there. Maybe he's saying this is our other concern, why we think this?

Exact replica of a security blanket makes zero sense to me. I assumed it was DK addressing another rumour.

I thought the blanket discussion in the interview was bizarre. It seemed like they were trying to convince people that the blanket they had was really Deorr's and not a replica. I cant imagine that if they had just said that the blanket was Deorr's that someone would have questioned its authenticity and thought that it was a replica? At least that is how it came across to me - very odd indeed.

Yes! that is what I thought too...but then after I listened again and again, I just dont really know?

I am back to the store clerk's sighting. Is it possible that this is one of those occasions when LE tell a little story to see how one will react? Know what I mean??

This would explain why the clerk has stayed out of the media and wants no attention - a prearranged deal with LE.

In my imagination, Father probably wanted to do a jumping jack when LE told him about the clerk's sighting! To Father, it was like, yes, it fits my story, just the wrong time. That would explain why he claimed it the way he did, ***Speculation Only***

I thought the blanket discussion in the interview was bizarre. It seemed like they were trying to convince people that the blanket they had was really Deorr's and not a replica. I cant imagine that if they had just said that the blanket was Deorr's that someone would have questioned its authenticity and thought that it was a replica? At least that is how it came across to me - very odd indeed.

That's why I assumed it was them addressing rumours again. I can see this getting gossiped about - "They said he always has his blanket so what's the blanket she's carrying?"

That whole bit about the blanket was just strange. Here is a rough transcript of that part of the interview:
Interviewer: tell me about the blanket.
Jessica: this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..
DeOrr: All three has to be with him.
Jessica: Yes.
DeOrr: He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.
Jessica: Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.
DeOrr: This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.
Jessica: Yeah, and I..
Then she is interrupted by the interviewer asking the next question.

I also thought the blanket she was holding looked like it was in pretty good shape considering it had been used by a baby for 2 1/2 years, including being carried around by a toddler.

Reading this is very different from hearing it. Thank you for transcribing it. DK is explaining the security blanket like we, the public, have never seen one, or we need to be convinced that it actually belongs to DeOrr. He also never lets JM finish a sentence. I'd like to hear from the mother, too. Is there a transcript of the entire interview?

Could be, but considering how concerned he was in pointing out how much "hear say" was going on I thought that was sort of a Freudian slip...

But, which do you think is his meaning in regard to the blanket? Is it the actual blanket or is it a replica? Im not being snarky, I just really want to understand what he is saying. I had a hard time following the interview, as someone posted upthread that they felt they needed a cheat sheet to understand what was being discussed. I felt much the same way. moo
I think he is saying that it IS little Deorr's blanket. Not a replica of his blanket. He used replica in place of something else -like maybe 'depiction'. Moo

Reading this is very different from hearing it. Thank you for transcribing it. DK is explaining the security blanket like we, the public, have never seen one, or we need to be convinced that it actually belongs to DeOrr. He also never lets JM finish a sentence. I'd like to hear from the mother, too. Is there a transcript of the entire interview?

The interview was like listening in on a conversation next to you at a restaurant when you can only hear one person talking...moo

Yes! that is what I thought too...but then after I listened again and again, I just dont really know?

I wish DK let JM speak more. He dominated the interview. Why did he focus so much detail on the helicopter search? That was just a distraction. IMO.

IMO it's Deorr's blanket. Watching his mother clutch it like that I just can't imagine it's not. The "exact replica" phrasing reminded me of my brother who adds "literally" to everything. I think by replica he must have meant it was patterned after another blanket, or when someone gave it to them they said it was a replica of someone else's.

I was the cheat sheet person!

I wish DK let JM speak more. He dominated the interview. Why did he focus so much detail on the helicopter search? That was just a distraction. IMO.

I know me too. The first 2-3 minutes he spoke non-stop and without much organization/structure...but the Interviewer should have taken care of that or at least tried. moo

Maybe he meant "represents" not "replica" - still not the best choice of words, but I think maybe he just meant that this blanket wasn't just any old drag around blanket, it was what represented security to little DeOrr. Maybe?

I'm way more curious about the store clerk rumor/story/confusion too!

Maybe he meant "represents" not "replica" - still not the best choice of words, but I think maybe he just meant that this blanket wasn't just any old drag around blanket, it was what represented security to little DeOrr. Maybe?

I'm way more curious about the store clerk rumor/story/confusion too!

Thats a good idea and sort of fits... :)

I would guess wondering if he was abducted. Like we're wondering how he could be gone without his stuff. It's impossible he would be gone without his stuff.

But "That's our other concern of why" doesn't make any sense to me because of how it's worded. It sounds to me (imoo) like when someone is trying to sound official or professional and not quite getting there. Maybe he's saying this is our other concern, why we think this?

Exact replica of a security blanket makes zero sense to me. I assumed it was DK addressing another rumour.

sounds too me, they are explaining how much that blanket means to baby Deorr, when they said security blanket, they are explaining to everyone theres no way he wouldve left it behind, its his security and comfort... I think they are referring when they say replica, they are comparing replica of a security blanket, meaning thats Deorrs security....... I understood it. Also them showing the blanket is showing us he didnt take it have it when he went missing. In other words him going missing was unexpected, or else he wouldve had the blanket, if he wondered off he wouldve took the blanket. Thats my understanding.

I am back to the store clerk's sighting. Is it possible that this is one of those occasions when LE tell a little story to see how one will react? Know what I mean??

This would explain why the clerk has stayed out of the media and wants no attention - a prearranged deal with LE.

In my imagination, Father probably wanted to do a jumping jack when LE told him about the clerk's sighting! To Father, it was like, yes, it fits my story, just the wrong time. That would explain why he claimed it the way he did, ***Speculation Only***

I'm imagining the last bit:

LE: "So, we have a report of someone fitting your description at the store in Leadore..."
DK: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was me!! See!! It was me, with little DeOrr, we were there!"
LE: "...at 6 pm."
DK: "Well, uh, rumors and stuff..."

right but, replica and actual are opposites?

He misuses a lot of words. It's often called Malapropism. Mr. Carbuff is prone to it. I think DK said "hearsay" when he meant "gossip" and replica--well, not sure what word he might have meant there but I don't think it was the word he wanted.

You know, the only time I have ever heard about the store clerk's 6 pm sighting is from DK himself. I haven't seen it on SM (except in the context of him bringing it up) or MSM. We've all been hung up on the "rumor" aspect of it being the time he was spotted in the store. But what if the whole statement is a rumor? Is it possible that a clerk never reported seeing them at all, whether it was 6 pm or 6 am?

I'm not disagreeing, just trying to work it out through discussion...

If so, why does he seem so adamant (defensive) about the story? It feels like he is debating the store clerk - wanting the viewer to choose his side over hers. It seems like the family has been very focused on SM rumors that most of us don't know anything about. I can understand why it would bother them to have misinformation out there, especially if it was accusatory. But I wouldn't see the clerk's story as a rumor, or reflecting negatively on the parents. To the contrary, it seems to back up their expressed theory of what happened to DeOrr.

Why spend time on the one interview you plan to give, dispelling "rumors" that aren't poisonous or negatively affecting the search for DeOrr? I guess it's good they didn't address the EMT bag! I don't ever want to know how I would react in their situation from person experience - ever. My opinion is only based on my limited experience. It seems like they are very concerned about how people are perceiving or judging them. I imagine addressing those concerns was top on their list when they agreed to do the interview, since that was the first question from the reporter. I have never seen victims or LE so concerned with opinions on SM. The thing about SM is you can turn off your computer. There are crazy people out there (here), who hardly know anything about the family or the investigation. Who cares what they (we) think? Shouldn't the focus be on getting DeOrr's name and face out to the public as well as any information that might help find him? If it was going to be a softball interview, why didn't the reporter lead with "Tell me some of DeOrr's favorite things to do." Try to get people to connect with this child and his family. But the first volley is a defensive maneuver? That just strikes me as really odd. Can't put my finger on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288