ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The epitome of a security blanket?

Right, or symbolizes security, or "when you think of a security blanket, this was his"...I was trying to think of a word that started with an r for replica to have popped out of his mouth.

There you go - what Dee10 posted makes sense to me.

I just got done re-listening and (I believe) he said "this represents an exact replica of a... security blanket (pause) for everybody this is his actual blanket."

That would mean a replica of a replica, right?

that makes no sense to me...lol

Re: the interview. Talk , talk, talk! B S baffles brains. I have a family member that lives by this. By the time he's done, you will truly believe that the paint on the wall is purple, not yellow. JMO as well as personal experience or is it personal experience and JMO. I'll check with him and let you know. Lol.

I just got done re-listening and (I believe) he said "this represents an exact replica of a... security blanket (pause) for everybody this is his actual blanket."

Yes, that is what I remember him saying. I think DK is just somewhat poorly spoken and was trying to use terms outside of his comfort level, instead of just speaking plainly. I'm not sure why. But I got the definite impression that it was Deorr's actual security blanket, not a replica. It would seem completely illogical for parents in the middle of a search for their son to go out and procure an identical security blanket to the one he owned, and to be fiercely attached to this blanket.

But isn't that store on a highway that might get lots of traffic from travelers passing thru on the way to/from somewhere else?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It doesn't get as much traffic as you might think. If you're traveling north from southern Idaho to Montana, most people stay on I-15. Highway 28 is mainly only used to travel to the Lemhi Valley, and Salmon is the largest town in the county with only 3,100 people. In the summer it does get more traffic, but I would be surprised if more than 200-300 vehicles typically drive by each day (that number definitely fluctuates though, and it was during the weekend so that number might have been higher) and from what I've always seen, not that many of those vehicles typically stop there.

Could be, but considering how concerned he was in pointing out how much "hear say" was going on I thought that was sort of a Freudian slip...

But, which do you think is his meaning in regard to the blanket? Is it the actual blanket or is it a replica? Im not being snarky, I just really want to understand what he is saying. I had a hard time following the interview, as someone posted upthread that they felt they needed a cheat sheet to understand what was being discussed. I felt much the same way. moo
DK talked so much and I think that he has a problem with selecting the proper words sometimes. I am thinking that the word "embodiment" is probably what he meant. Deorr's blanket is the exact embodiment of a security blanket. Meaning- if ever there was a security blanket, this was it! MOO

I've been wondering WHY the cops didn't take custody of that blanket... any missing kid case a blanket the baby carries, its at the scene of the last known location, its evidence!

ARGGHH!!!! SO CONFUSING!!!! Maybe it is a duplicate and LE has the real one? Maybe the blanket was in the truck, so not at the campsite? Even so, you'd think it would be the absolute best source of scent for searching.

It's rocket appliances!
Haha! OK I finally had to ask my husband what my brother says - he will say things like "I'm not reliable" instead of "I'm not liable". I know there are more... but now we know the name for it.

Right, or symbolizes security, or "when you think of a security blanket, this was his"...I was trying to think of a word that started with an r for replica to have popped out of his mouth.

There you go - what Dee10 posted makes sense to me.

Maybe he meant "this represents a security blanket." That would be an "r" word that makes sense...

Yep. The reporter should have jumped on that and asked if the police had figured out who the man and blonde boy were, if the clerk was shown pics of Deorr Sr. and Jr. and was certain it was some other people she saw, etc.

This is the only allusion to sightings I've found so far in MSM. Not particularly helpful, I'm afraid.

A dispatcher at the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office said a number of sightings have been reported, but no Amber Alert has been issued.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_d39837fc-2ac1-11e5-861a-871b50c226cc.html

I agree with everything you said. I don't think my proposed theory that there was never a reported store sighting at all, hence the "rumor," made sense but the idea popped in my head (full disclosure: I'm drinking wine) and I wanted to flesh it out a bit but I can't wrap my head around why that would make sense. Especially since, as you point out, DK seems to want to sell us on his version of the store situation rather than suggest that the store sighting didn't occur at all.

I just don't know. But I want to know.

To place little Deorr on the trip. To prove he was there?

I think he's trying to describe the term security blanket, like Linus on Peanuts who is never without his blanket. The dad is trying to describe that Deorr and his blanket is an exact replica of Linus and his blanket.

It's precious.

That was how I read it. I think he was aiming for something along the lines of the very definition of a security blanket when he used the awkward replica phrase.

Maybe he meant "this represents a security blanket." That would be an "r" word that makes sense...

That's what I said in post #916 that started the discussion about other words he could have used that would have made more sense :D

He was missing, and maybe as others have said parents think abduction because it gives them hope their child is still alive.

I thought the way they said it meant they have evidence/information/some physical indication that led them to believe he was abducted, rather than grabbed by a mountain lion. I understand why they would want to believe he was abducted by a kind stranger and that his absence could be taken as evidence of an abduction. But his absence could be an indication of several means of disappearance. I was hoping somebody would be able to provide another "reason" that indicates kidnapping. I should have posted the blanket being left as #2 instead of #1.

I had not thought of that, but your right! I wonder what they used for the scent dogs?
From what ive been told, scent dogs are better with saliva, dna of some sort. so lets say his sippie cup, pacifier, wet diaper...etc... Maybe they are using his cup

YES. Yes, it is. It's on an important tourist route in the middle of tourist (camping and fishing) season. It's one of the few stores on that route.

From the outside, it's easy to think Deorr's family is local, but to people in Leadore, the campers from Idaho Falls are tourists. And there are a lot of them. As somebody local upthread mentioned, the locals tend to avoid this area because it's so busy in the summer.

I'm curious what everyone's' idea of "lots of traffic is". It is not actually a busy highway at all compared to highways between large cities. On busy days, I might pass 30-40 vehicles heading the opposite direction from Salmon to Lone Pine. Also, if it is a busy day, it's typically a Sunday afternoon when people from Salmon are heading back from Idaho Falls. Most people from Salmon just drive right through Leadore because they're prepared for a 2.5 hour drive (we have to log a lot of miles to travel anywhere, the two closest towns over 20,000 are both 2.5 hours aways). On Fridays it does get busier with Idaho Falls area people coming up to camp, but I've never noticed that gas station busy at all. There's nobody there as often as I see someone at it. Also, campers usually do their shopping before they come up because the prices are much cheaper in southern Idaho.

I thought the way they said it meant they have evidence/information/some physical indication that led them to believe he was abducted, rather than grabbed by a mountain lion. I understand why they would want to believe he was abducted by a kind stranger and that his absence could be taken as evidence of an abduction. But his absence could be an indication of several means of disappearance. I was hoping somebody would be able to provide another "reason" that indicates kidnapping. I should have posted the blanket being left as #2 instead of #1.
thats what i been thinking. so adoment, i figured they has reasoning for it...saw something or a trail.. i jus thought what u thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam