ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the interview just now and the dad starts with saying 2:26 then looks to mom who says it was 2:36 when she called.

Just my observations/thoughts ... for anyone who has experienced sheer panic/anxiety - weird things (such as the time a call was made) become stuck in your mind. I don't know why that happens but it does. She may have looked at that time stamp a million times while waiting for help to arrive.

Also, the time on her cell phone may have been manually programmed instead of automatically set. Although mine sets automatically, it doesn't always match the time on TV or on other people's phones. I just never bother to set it based on the most accurate clock in the world because it's okay with me if it's off a few minutes.

2:36 may have been the time when she actually pulled the phone off her ear to look at the time? I can't imagine she was paying attention to the clock while she was scrambling to dial 911 ... I am sure she was a wreck and when she did look at the time that time just stuck with her.

Assuming he had his car seat buckled and fell asleep on the way back to camp, I don't see parents risking waking him by unbuckling if they're just going to let him sleep in truck. If that's the case, I really don't think he'd be able to get himself out. I'm not sure he'd be able to even if he wasn't buckled. My little one will be 3 in October, is on the smaller side and cannot get herself out of my car. He'd have to sneakily open the door far enough to comfortably climb out, without it closing on him, drop to the ground and wander off (without taking his favorites with him) without anyone noticing. I can't explain why the blanket was left in truck within TOS but don't think he was left in truck and climbed out.

I'd love to know more about where IR, GGPA and little DeOrr were when mom and dad went for walk. We're they sitting around the fire with little DeOrr playing next to them? Were they in a tent? And what's the relationship between IR and GGPA?? Seems an odd pairing. As a parent, I just can't imagine leaving my little one, awake or asleep, with a GGPA whose mental and physical limitations are so severe he couldn't possibly be a suspect and a guy you've only just met. So many questions and so few "real" answers.

Okay, if he was buckled in the car seat, maybe the physical limitation they're talking about with GGpa isn't anything as drastic as what we've been envisioning. Maybe his hands are just too arthritic to work the buckles.

2:36 may have been the time when she actually pulled the phone off her ear to look at the time? I can't imagine she was paying attention to the clock while she was scrambling to dial 911 ... I am sure she was a wreck and when she did look at the time that time just stuck with her.

Noting the time might have been helpful in backtracking her timeline of the events of that day, if you know what I mean. Example: I called at such and such time, we said he was missing for this long, we said the walk took this many minutes, etc.

Okay, if he was buckled in the car seat, maybe the physical limitation they're talking about with GGpa isn't anything as drastic as what we've been envisioning. Maybe his hands are just too arthritic to work the buckles.

Except that parents, IIRC, said that DeOrr was good with GGPA by the fire, implying that he was out of the truck, in which case I'd think GGPA's health concerns were more than arthritis? Doesn't explain why blanket would be in truck, though, if he HAD to have it with him everywhere. That "fact" makes it seem like the last place he was was in the truck...

I feel like I'm trying to put a garage sale puzzle together, where you're not sure if you have all of the pieces or even if they belong to the same puzzle. I know that we have no right to know what LE knows, but man would I like to. Really curious about how GGPA was so quickly eliminated.

This is with no disrespect to anyone. But having read through the end of the last thread and into this one, I think some people are staring so hard at nothing that they are starting to see things that aren't there.

DeOrr's blanket, monkey and cup. There's a huge difference between him going away camping for a period of time and not being able to cope without those things and him wandering around happily for a while without them. Kids sometimes just need to know these things are always around to keep them happy. They don't have to always have them in their hands at all times. So just knowing the blankie, monkey and sippy cup are with the group on the trip may have been enough. DeOrr didn't necessarily need to be always carrying them on his person.

Secondly, the dad is a truck driver. No disrespect again but language skills aren't the top priority for a trucker. Here you have a man who probably had a mediocre education, who probably isn't used to verbalising his feelings, who is now in a situation where his son has disappeared and he's having to give an interview. In the raw video I saw a young man, trying his best to verbalise his thoughts and feelings, trying to get as much information over as possible and trying desperately to cling onto control of this awful situation as much as he could. Do I think he messed up words? Yeah definitely. Do I think he's trying to hide something? Not at all.

Thirdly, the store clerk has not publicly said she saw DeOrr Sr or Jn that day. Apparently she has said she saw a man and a filthy bawling child. This is information from the family given over two weeks ago. You can't tell me that in that part of Idaho there are not two men, with black trucks who had little blond haired children.

Dad says he was at the store and back at camp around 1pm. There is no way that he could hide DeOrr Jn for all that time and then sneak off to the store at 6pm without anyone noticing. None at all. LE were at the camp searching for a missing DeOrr from mid-afternoon. Where would dad hide DeOrr? How would he explain being missing long enough at 6pm to go to the store and disappear DeOrr? Why would he go to the store and risk being seen with DeOrr if his intention was to disappear him, which is what the intention would have had to have been seeing as DeOrr is already missing? Why wouldn't anyone notice DeOrr senior missing all that time?

If DeOrr Jr had been taken by a wildlife predator where is the evidence. No tracks, no trails, no decomp odour, no fly swarms around the body, no other predators coming to feed off the body, no buzzards circling. Predators don't bury the body 6ft down, they cover the body with leaves and branches and return to it, along with other animals, to feed. Yet there's no evidence of that.

I'm not meaning to be critical but logical.

Except that parents, IIRC, said that DeOrr was good with GGPA by the fire, implying that he was out of the truck, in which case I'd think GGPA's health concerns were more than arthritis? Doesn't explain why blanket would be in truck, though, if he HAD to have it with him everywhere. That "fact" makes it seem like the last place he was was in the truck...

I feel like I'm trying to put a garage sale puzzle together, where you're not sure if you have all of the pieces or even if they belong to the same puzzle. I know that we have no right to know what LE knows, but man would I like to. Really curious about how GGPA was so quickly eliminated.

I really have no firm reason to think this, but I keep asking myself if GGPA's version of events differed from everyone else's and it was chalked up to him being infirm.

I get the cultural differences in general, but tell me more about how you think it pertains to Deorr. Hint hint please. :)

I brought up the prevalence of the religion when there was a question about DK/JM's seeming sensitive about SM rumors. There can be a very us vs. them mentality so there could be sensitivity based upon that. If they've experienced the "holier than thou" attitude that can be rather pervasive, they might be trying to insulate themselves from what they know the inevitable criticisms will be.

I recently overheard a grandpa tell his grandson, a 9 year old, that he needed to reconsider his friendships after grandson mentioned that his friend had poker chips that they were playing with. Gambling is a no-no and this grandpa apparently felt that doing whatever they were doing with poker chips - I doubt this kid was organizing a Texas Hold'em tournament in the basement - was toeing the gambling line a little too much for his grandson to continue on his friendship with him.

*IF* DK & JM experienced these kind of situations, it could explain some of their behavior. *ALSO* many, many members of the church are wonderful, kind, helpful people. They do a great job of taking care of each other as well as their communities. I suspect that if this family reached out for help, the church would allow use of its spaces, they'd have meals whipped up, they'd arrange fundraisers, conduct searches.

I don't understand why everyone is so hung up on his blanket not being with him. I have a 4 year old and honestly if she was missing one of the things I would do is cling to her "cuddle monkey" as she calls it and be so devastated that she was without it. She by no means walks around with the monkey all day long and does not take it to daycare; however I have said on many occasions that she can't go anywhere without it. I remember her heartbroken tears when we left the monkey at home one trip. She sleeps with it and if she is watching tv on the couch she will have it with her but for the most part it stays at the house with those few exceptions when she sneaks it into the car with her. When they said he didn't go anywhere without those items I just took it to mean those were his favorite things and would sleep with them, take them on trips, play with them constantly, etc. I don't think they meant he literally never put them down as that would be kinda weird.

1. Was the store (Stage Stop?) clerk interviewed about a possible 6 pm sighting of DeOrr?
2. Were DeOrr's blanket, cup and monkey in the truck or with DeOrr at the campsite when he disappeared? The blanket was in the truck... Kunz says. http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks
3. How did GGF and IR get to campsite?
4. Does GGF walk with a cane or in a wheelchair?
5. Was camp set up when DK, JM, & little Deorr went back into Store.
6. Is little Deorr talking a lot, making complete sentences?
7. Did IR take a polygraph?
8. What supplies were found at the campsite for DeOrr? (clothing, diapers, food, bottles, toys, sleeping bag)
9. What time was the 2nd 911 call made?
10. Where exactly was IR when Deorr went missing? Was he at the campsite with ggf or elsewhere? They had left the boy with his grandfather and a friend, the Post Register reports. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/...ontinues-at-reservoir.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
11. Were all four adults at the campsite when LE/SAR arrived? If not, where were they?
12. What's the current status of the search? Are there any non-LE sanctioned searches occurring (groups organizing themselves)? Are the parents participating in any official/unofficial searches at this time?

This is with no disrespect to anyone. But having read through the end of the last thread and into this one, I think some people are staring so hard at nothing that they are starting to see things that aren't there.

DeOrr's blanket, monkey and cup. There's a huge difference between him going away camping for a period of time and not being able to cope without those things and him wandering around happily for a while without them. Kids sometimes just need to know these things are always around to keep them happy. They don't have to always have them in their hands at all times. So just knowing the blankie, monkey and sippy cup are with the group on the trip may have been enough. DeOrr didn't necessarily need to be always carrying them on his person.

Secondly, the dad is a truck driver. No disrespect again but language skills aren't the top priority for a trucker. Here you have a man who probably had a mediocre education, who probably isn't used to verbalising his feelings, who is now in a situation where his son has disappeared and he's having to give an interview. In the raw video I saw a young man, trying his best to verbalise his thoughts and feelings, trying to get as much information over as possible and trying desperately to cling onto control of this awful situation as much as he could. Do I think he messed up words? Yeah definitely. Do I think he's trying to hide something? Not at all.

Thirdly, the store clerk has not publicly said she saw DeOrr Sr or Jn that day. Apparently she has said she saw a man and a filthy bawling child. This is information from the family given over two weeks ago. You can't tell me that in that part of Idaho there are not two men, with black trucks who had little blond haired children.

Dad says he was at the store and back at camp around 1pm. There is no way that he could hide DeOrr Jn for all that time and then sneak off to the store at 6pm without anyone noticing. None at all. LE were at the camp searching for a missing DeOrr from mid-afternoon. Where would dad hide DeOrr? How would he explain being missing long enough at 6pm to go to the store and disappear DeOrr? Why would he go to the store and risk being seen with DeOrr if his intention was to disappear him, which is what the intention would have had to have been seeing as DeOrr is already missing? Why wouldn't anyone notice DeOrr senior missing all that time?

If DeOrr Jr had been taken by a wildlife predator where is the evidence. No tracks, no trails, no decomp odour, no fly swarms around the body, no other predators coming to feed off the body, no buzzards circling. Predators don't bury the body 6ft down, they cover the body with leaves and branches and return to it, along with other animals, to feed. Yet there's no evidence of that.

Thank you for your post. But for the last paragraph, I agree with your perspective wholeheartedly, and then some!

I hope you have followed the volume of information that has been posted (some by myself) about mountain lions, but from what you have said, I don't believe you have. Rather, because of the reasons you have given, you have dismissed that PROBABILITY out of hand. But, if you DO take the time to read, research, and really study up on mountain lions, you will see that all those things that you believe would have had to occur in order for a mountain lion to have taken 28 lb Deorr are incorrect, mostly because Deorr is a small prey for the lion and is human.

I haven't pasted this link http://mountainlion.org/CAL_ch5.asp previously, but it goes into detail about some of the issues you have regarding the cougar as Deorr's predator. Although chapter five is about lions and humans, if you have time, read the other four chapters as well. TIA, hopefully :)

I don't really understand, but I'll take a guess. Since DeOrr Jr. was born out of wedlock his parents are viewed negatively or shunned by some members of the community and church? I lived in the bible belt for awhile, in a small town and I have seen this type of behavior by a community to those that are viewed less than favorably. I think they really shouldn't judge people the way they do, but they are raised that way and don't know anything different I guess.

If that is what you are referring to, and it's happening to them, that's ashame because the little boy is completely innocent.

I agree the church would not favor that but the thing that stands out even more to me is the number of divorces in this bunch. When you marry, you are eternally married according to lds doctrine. The church will only approve divorce based on a few severe issues (violence against the wife is one such reason). Furthermore, if your spouse dies, and you remarry you are shunned because as I said you are eternally bound to your spouse.

Good post. What do you think happened to Deorr?

I am sure many of you are aware of the disappearance of two teenage boys---Perry and Austin---off the coast of Florida. Their parents have been all over the media and there is a significant reward offered for them. There has also been a lot of criticism towards the parents, but that has not dissaude them for raising awareness. In Deorr's case, he is also lost, but the parents have only talked to the media once. A lot of people have said there is no point, and that the public would have a field day with them. Is there some sort of significance difference between the two cases where media awareness would benefit the search for Perry and Austin more siginificantly than it would for Deorr? Is there any benefit to the media blitz? It's hard to compare the search efforts because Perry and Austin could potentially be anywhere in a much larger area, but if there was more media coverage in Deorr's case, would more $$$ be spent looking for him, would the search go for longer?

I agree the church would not favor that but the thing that stands out even more to me is the number of divorces in this bunch. When you marry, you are eternally married according to lds doctrine. The church will only approve divorce based on a few severe issues (violence against the wife is one such reason). Furthermore, if your spouse dies, and you remarry ypu are shunned because as I said you are eternally bound to your spouse.

I think that is if they are sealed in the temple, not just married...

I brought up the prevalence of the religion when there was a question about DK/JM's seeming sensitive about SM rumors. There can be a very us vs. them mentality so there could be sensitivity based upon that. If they've experienced the "holier than thou" attitude that can be rather pervasive, they might be trying to insulate themselves from what they know the inevitable criticisms will be.

I recently overheard a grandpa tell his grandson, a 9 year old, that he needed to reconsider his friendships after grandson mentioned that his friend had poker chips that they were playing with. Gambling is a no-no and this grandpa apparently felt that doing whatever they were doing with poker chips - I doubt this kid was organizing a Texas Hold'em tournament in the basement - was toeing the gambling line a little too much for his grandson to continue on his friendship with him.

*IF* DK & JM experienced these kind of situations, it could explain some of their behavior. *ALSO* many, many members of the church are wonderful, kind, helpful people. They do a great job of taking care of each other as well as their communities. I suspect that if this family reached out for help, the church would allow use of its spaces, they'd have meals whipped up, they'd arrange fundraisers, conduct searches.
Ack! Flashbacks to lectures about "face cards" and gambling! I was six!

And no I didn't "let any boys touch me!" That hadn't even occurred to me!

Oh whew! I'm on WS. It's 2015...

Sorry.

I was really hoping I'd wake up to find this thread in the "LOCATED" area. 😒 This poor family.

I'm not sure if religion has any bearing on this case at all outside of the possible local attitudes towards the parents and their family members. Maybe some of us have put too much emphasis on this subject?

I will leave it for now but I wanted to share one more thought first that might help explain some of the parents' actions. The church is very insular in their approach to handling problems experienced by its members. They prefer to handle a lot of issues in a private manner often times shunning professional help in favor of church leaders providing direction to people in crisis situations. This may be a stretch here but it might in part explain the parents' silence?

I agree the church would not favor that but the thing that stands out even more to me is the number of divorces in this bunch. When you marry, you are eternally married according to lds doctrine. The church will only approve divorce based on a few severe issues (violence against the wife is one such reason). Furthermore, if your spouse dies, and you remarry you are shunned because as I said you are eternally bound to your spouse.
Well. Most of that I concur with. Except the part about widows and widowers. Men can be sealed in the temple with both a deceased wife and a new wife and it's not an issue. In my experience and to the best of my knowledge. No link so IMO, too.

I have also wondered how the local community was being about stuff.

I'm not sure if religion has any bearing on this case at all outside of the possible local attitudes towards the parents and their family members. Maybe some of us have put too much emphasis on this subject?

I will leave it for now but I wanted to share one more thought first that might help explain some of the parents' actions. The church is very insular in their approach to handling problems experienced by its members. They prefer to handle a lot of issues in a private manner often times shunning professional help in favor of church leaders providing direction to people in crisis situations. This may be a stretch here but it might in part explain the parents' silence?

Is this family LDS? I think we are taking a leap here unless we know for sure.

I don't think JM is involved in harming DK, Heartbreaking tribute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0Gv9PiaLY&feature=youtu.be

No I don't either. I think a tragic accident happened due to leaving a helpless two year old with two people not capable of watching him. And though I don't think the parents harmed him, nobodys pictures could have been more loving than Casey Anthony's pictures of her with Caylee. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627