ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links please? TIA!

Nope. I've been sleuthing for years. Respectfully, I'm not going to spend hours going back over old newspaper articles to prove to you what I know. Either you believe me or you don't. People who have known me on here for awhile know I can always back up what I say and I don't lie.

Temps in nearby Leadore, ID for July 10 were:

High:69
Low: 52

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/l/83464:4:US

I think the campground is at an even slightly higher elevation than Leadore. Not usually very hot, I suspect. I'd want a jacket at +/- 65 degrees.
Hmmm...I don't know why there is such a difference between the sites on the temps there. Hard to know which one to believe. Maybe a jacket at 65, but almost 75?

It is my opinion, there is no mystery with the blanket issue. They would have given it to him if indeed he made it to nap time. My grandson also has a security blanket...cannot live without it. But..he does not carry it around 24/7. It's his 'go to' blanket when he needs it. 'Nuff said.
From parents interview:

I: tell me about the blanket.
Jessica: this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..
D: All three has to be with him.
J: Yes.
D: He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.
J: Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.*
D: This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.
J: Yeah, and I..

^^^^This is why the blanket is a big deal to people. His parents stressed he would not voluntarily go off without it. It is why they feel something is not right.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

In thick brush, I would expect them to wear gear to cover their arms. Are we certain it was due to the weather and not the location of the search for the long sleeves?

According to Wunderground, on July 10th, 2015 around the area of Leadore, ID the temp was 74. It bounced around in the mid 70s to mid 80s the rest of July except for the 27th when it dropped to 66.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...reqdb.zip=83464&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

The temperature difference from Challis Airport KLLJ (Leadore, ID weather site) and the campsite shouldn't be too extreme, imo.

For what it's worth, this site says the low temp was 52 and the high temp 69 in Leadore on 7/10 (and it was partly cloudy).

It can be much cooler in a forest and/or at higher elevations. It did not appear that the campsite was shaded.

Still have to ask........again.........has there been any independent 3rd party who can 100% verify that little Deorr was for sure ever at the campsite to begin with? How come I have not read about any other campers assumed to be at the campsite that weekend having been interviewed?.......and to verify that they did in fact see him there?

How do we know for certain that the man in the black truck with the 'filthy, bawling' little blonde boy WAS in fact Deorr and his Dad?

I can't help but think that the reason that nobody can find any trace of little Deorr at the campsite (clothing, blood, remains, etc) is that he was never there to begin with. It's been reported that GGF had physical and cognitive health issues so say he's someone with dementia or alzheimer's, he very likely wouldn't be able to confirm with 100% certainty that little Deorr was out there with him. And having seen the video of IR, well who's to say he could reliably state for sure that little Deorr was out there? I don't want to hear from those directly related to little Deorr, I want to hear from someone else who's unrelated to them/the situation/the family............someone else at the campsite that Friday, who can say for certain that they DID see little Deorr there.

Temps in nearby Leadore, ID for July 10 were:

High:69
Low: 52

I think the campground is at an even slightly higher elevation than Leadore. Not usually very hot, I suspect. I'd want a jacket at +/- 65 degrees.

I'm sorry. I didn't see your post before I posted pretty much the exact same thing (not that these threads didn't already have a massive amount of almost-duplicate posts! lol)

Still have to ask........again.........has there been any independent 3rd party who can 100% verify that little Deorr was for sure ever at the campsite to begin with?

Nope, it sounds like all we have are Jessica, Deorr Sr and Isaac....."as far as I know".

We don't even know if the GGF confirmed that he saw Deorr that day.

I did read somewhere that LE interviewed everyone at the campground that day (the 10th) and the only other people were an "elderly couple". Not sure if they were camping at the upper campground (or camping at all) and there's no word on what they said. They may have been involved in the cremains-scattering at the reservoir, not sure. There are only 2 campsites at the lower campground where little Deorr and family were camping, 5 campsites in the upper.

For what it's worth, this site says the low temp was 52 and the high temp 69 in Leadore on 7/10 (and it was partly cloudy).

It can be much cooler in a forest and/or at higher elevations. It did not appear that the campsite was shaded.

Just for further info, Timber Creek Campground is listed at 7664' elevation, and Leadore is 6000', so it would definitely be colder up where they were camping.

https://www.campendium.com/timber-creek-reservoir
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadore,_Idaho

If they were positive there was no foul play, why send drones up to take photos in case a criminal case should develop later? How long ago did the Chief Deputy say he was good with the family and they were good with him and that they were solid? Has the investigation progressed or changed since that statement? How does the amount of time that's passed make it more likely that LE would continue to see the POIs as "good" and "solid"? What do "good with me" and "solid" mean in legal terms? When was the last time a LE official who is currently investigating this case said they did not suspect foul play? Why would the sheriff add "at this time" to his statement that the people at the camp site are not suspects?

TIA

It would be totally negligent to not investigate all angles.

The maternal grandmother was answering questions but I believe the posts have been removed, not sure why.

I'm behind, and trying to catch up, but I believe the posts are still there (or at least they were when I checked about an hour ago).

There certainly are a lot of accusations flying over there. SM is not for the timid apparently (I'm not a FB user and now I know why I've avoided it).

IMO, a lot of information that was reported early on may change as the investigation progresses. I don't know what day they arrived, but I'm not going to cling to a particular day/time just because it was reported in MSM (and the timeline has been hazy all along). I'm also not going to automatically believe something posted on SM by someone who could either not be who she says she is or have her own reasons for undermining what has been said by the family/investigators.

I don't get this it was posted from her(JM) mother's own account how can that be anybody else's posts, its only here we can't hold it with any value but any other situation you would accept it no.

The diaper issue has been somewhat clarified by TBC - apparently there was a church group at the campsite feeding volunteers and she placed a trash bag with the dirty diaper in it into the church's garbage on Sunday. Not sure how she would know it was from Friday morning, though, because as far as I am aware she didn't come up until after Deorr was missing (to help search). I assume from this also that the investigators/police did not inquire as to the whereabouts of any dirty diapers during the first few days he was missing (or ever, for that matter).
Why would you hold on to a dirty diaper for 2/3 days? If someone thought it was evidence she would have handed it over for dna or whatever.. so this is just extremely odd.. and wouldnt a dirty diaper left at the scene throw the dogs off as to baby's scent? jmo

I wonder if this is what happened...

1.) DeOrr starts with GGP at the campsite
2.) Parents walked off to explore
3.) GGP actually watched DeOrr walk in the direction of his parents
4.) GGP kept looking up, kept seeing him and then....he was out of sight, so he assumed he went to catch up to his parents???

Why would you hold on to a dirty diaper for 2/3 days? If someone thought it was evidence she would have handed it over for dna or whatever.. so this is just extremely odd..jmo

Isn't the campsite a pack in pack out area?

Isn't the campsite a pack in pack out area?

You probably could backpack in, but they had at least a black truck with them at the campsite.

I don't think that GGP is up to backpacking into a remote camp

ETA- yes they probably would have had to take the garbage out with them,

You probably could backpack in, but they had at least a black truck with them at the campsite.

Maybe I've used the wrong term. I meant everything you bring in you must take out. No trash left at the site. No trash receptacles.

Nope. I've been sleuthing for years. Respectfully, I'm not going to spend hours going back over old newspaper articles to prove to you what I know. Either you believe me or you don't. People who have known me on here for awhile know I can always back up what I say and I don't lie.

BBM
You bring up a good point. I understand why people ask for links so that gossip, preconceived personal opinions, etc. do not become "facts" and grow legs. The mods insist on links constantly. Personally I get nervous when someone asks me for a link, not because I'm making something up, but I worry that I won't be able to put my hands on the article, or the article has been edited, or my computer decides it is time to throw me offline (happens numerous times). Thankfully I have been able to verify what I stated or a kind poster comes along and posts whatever is being asked for.

My question is do we have to provide a link for information that has been put here on this forum numerous times? Do we have to go find it every time someone asks or can we just direct people to look themselves? (not being snarky - I really want to know because the "link please" always sends me into a :scared: )

BBM
You bring up a good point. I understand why people ask for links so that gossip, preconceived personal opinions, etc. do not become "facts" and grow legs. The mods insist on links constantly. Personally I get nervous when someone asks me for a link, not because I'm making something up, but I worry that I won't be able to put my hands on the article, or the article has been edited, or my computer decides it is time to throw me offline (happens numerous times). Thankfully I have been able to verify what I stated or a kind poster comes along and posts whatever is being asked for.

My question is do we have to provide a link for information that has been put here on this forum numerous times? Do we have to go find it every time someone asks or can we just direct people to look themselves? (not being snarky - I really want to know because the "link please" always sends me into a :scared: )

I know you didn't ask me but I think that if it is stuff that is all listed out in the first posts of a thread or in a media/maps thread or you are just sure that its "upthread" and it really is and your sure someone will find it if they look, then I think it is fine to tell them to go find it... jmho lol no need for all the :panic:

ETA- yes they probably would have had to take the garbage out with them,

When saying pack in, pack out in this case, it means that you need to pack out your own garbage. There is no trash removal, so you have to take it with you. It would make sense that they had bag specifically for stinky diapers and this one was left there for a day or two. With all the commotion going on, I'm sure taking out the trash was not a high priority.

If they were sleeping in a camper, the non-smelly diapers could have been left in a trash can in the camper. Just the stinky one from that morning was left outside. (Probably in a bag hanging in a tree or something.)

I know you didn't ask me but I think that if it is stuff that is all listed out in the first posts of a thread or in a media/maps thread or you are just sure that its "upthread" and it really is and your sure someone will find it if they look, then I think it is fine to tell them to go find it... jmho lol no need for all the :panic:

Lol thanks NN! I always feel like I did when the boss would ask if the report was done yet....that deer in the headlights feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge