ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for discussion what do you think the FBI's role will be in all of this?

At first I thought 'the FBI is coming' and I could see trucks and men and helmets and guns.

Then reality hit and now I am thinking they might be a team of under 10 persons and what they will do is examine all the evidence the local Sheriff has assembled and perhaps come to conclusions about what will be done next.

Does anybody happen to know just what their role will be in Mission DeOrr?

TIA

MOO

IMO : they are there to do what they did in the Kyron Horman investigstion.

At first I thought 'the FBI is coming' and I could see trucks and men and helmets and guns.

Then reality hit and now I am thinking they might be a team of under 10 persons and what they will do is examine all the evidence the local Sheriff has assembled and perhaps come to conclusions about what will be done next.

TIA

MOO

In the Post Register article that I posted in the Media Thread this morning, it says "The FBI is expected to provide resources that are beyond the financial scope of local law enforcement agencies as well as fresh eyes and expertise to sift through various elements of the investigation, including interviews of the four adults involved in the campout." It also says that its services include behavioral analyses and testing of any physical evidence gathered in investigations.

The part about them interviewing the adults again, was published in other sources as well.. I suspect one of the main purposes of those interviews will be behavioral analyses.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant about having to drive 10 minutes in another direction. There might be remote campsites where you have to pack it out and take it all the way home, but every place I've been (though I rarely go to primitive sites) has had a special dumping/trash station.

This campsite is primitive there is no dumping/trash station. They either have to bring it home with them or find a community dump site that allows out of towners to dump their trash.

In the Post Register article that I posted in the Media Thread this morning, it says "The FBI is expected to provide resources that are beyond the financial scope of local law enforcement agencies as well as fresh eyes and expertise to sift through various elements of the investigation, including interviews of the four adults involved in the campout." It also says that its services include behavioral analyses and testing of any physical evidence gathered in investigations.

The part about them interviewing the adults again, was published in other sources as well.. I suspect one of the main purposes of those interviews will be behavioral analyses.

IMO from what is stated above they suspect (perhaps can't PROVE) one or more of the campers that attended the camp out vanished Deorr Jr.

This campsite is primitive there is no dumping/trash station. They either have to bring it home with them or find a community dump site that allows out of towners to dump their trash.

So (imo) it would make perfect sense they left the diaper there rather than taking it with them on their trip to the store.

Thanks.

IMO : they are there to do what they did in the Kyron Horman investigstion.

I'm not familiar enough with the case, all I know is he went missing and was never found, but what did the FBI do?

As for why they went to the store on that Friday, most likely they realized they forgot something or ended up needing something, like feminine protection products, that they didn't think they were going to need. I've had that happen when camping too.

I snipped your post to this part.

Speaking of dirty diapers and feminine protection products, I'm reminded of the old wives tales about camping while on one's period. I had a roommate from Montana who firmly believed that you should never camp at that time as she knew of two separate ladies killed by a bear attack, both on their periods.

Same goes with dirty diapers. Bears, etc are drawn to the odor.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/backcountryhiking.htm

"Considering bears' highly developed sense of smell, it may seem logical that they could be attracted to odors associated with menstruation. Studies on this subject are few and inconclusive. If a woman chooses to hike or camp in bear country during menstruation, a basic precaution should be to wear internal tampons, not external pads. Used tampons should be double-bagged in a zip-lock type bag and stored the same as garbage."

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/ltbmu/home/?cid=stelprdb5415822

"Do not leave out food, stored drinks or diapers. The smell will attract bears."

And this article which goes in-depth on how to safely backpack while menstruating.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bears-and-menstruation-tips-for-backpacking-women

How that for a nice Sunday discussion!:blushing::blushing:

"Considering bears' highly developed sense of smell, it may seem logical that they could be attracted to odors associated with menstruation. Studies on this subject are few and inconclusive. If a woman chooses to hike or camp in bear country during menstruation, a basic precaution should be to wear internal tampons, not external pads. Used tampons should be double-bagged in a zip-lock type bag and stored the same as garbage."
How that for a nice Sunday discussion!:blushing::blushing:

OMG totally OT but I had to check the date (wasn't April 1st!)
Interesting distraction from the main, sad subject of this thread though!

IMO from what is stated above they suspect (perhaps can't PROVE) one or more of the campers that attended the camp out vanished Deorr Jr.

bbm -- For some reason, I kept thinking there was no physical evidence. I'm really glad to read this! It's felt rather hopeless with no evidence, no new information, etc.

One thing that I haven't seen discussed much. Who thinks they were tent camping and who thinks they had a camper? With a baby and ailing GGP a camper would make much more sense.

I am thinking camper.

I think a camper or truck with topper

I can't see GGP sleeping in a tent on the ground

OK.....I've been racking my brain for days and days and I'm stumped...What does TOS stand for? I know once you tell me, I'll say something like..."Oh, duh" or "Of course!"

Somebody way back posted a link for acronyms used on this site and of course I didn't save it...Can somebody post it again for me?

Thanks so much!

Im new to WS and it took a while to get used to the acronyms. Google became my best friend.

Also, I would be merrily clicking Thanks when I liked someone's post. There was a time when I had to go back a few pages to check on a posting and I noticed that where I had clicked Thanks, it now said Remove Your Thanks. I thought that was an order. Lol. I removed my thanks on several posts because I thought I had done something wrong. What can I say? It was a learning curve.

Now I have to look up TPS, unless someone can give me the answer.

Thanks

Im new to WS and it took a while to get used to the acronyms. Google became my best friend.

Also, I would be merrily clicking Thanks when I liked someone's post. There was a time when I had to go back a few pages to check on a posting and I noticed that where I had clicked Thanks, it now said Remove Your Thanks. I thought that was an order. Lol. I removed my thanks on several posts because I thought I had done something wrong. What can I say? It was a learning curve.

Thanks

Once you get that figured out, would you please give me back my red stapler?

Thanks

:)
TOS - Terms of Service, as far as I'm aware...

TIA

MOO

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/card

Thanks
Agreed, lots of new things to learn on here but worth it. On the OT subject of the "Thanks" symbol ..am I the only one who very often, when I click on it, I get an error message from web page? I PM'd a mod and she didn't know and referred it to tech person.
AND on the subject of FBI coming on board and behavior analyses being done on POI's ...would love to be a fly on wall when they study IR, if his interview is any indication of his normal behavior. lol Hope I don't get in trouble for that, but I have to find lighter moments in sad situations such as this one.

I can't answer your specific question, but do want to point out, in general, that verified experts should be respected as such and taken at their word. We certainly don't need to agree with them, but we shouldn't be asking them to source their knowledge unless it is a question of statistics. I woulld certainly hate that if I became verified, wouldn't any of you?

At the same time, it should go without saying that everyone here has varying skills and experience too, so should be given the same respect. The difference is that we know gitana1 has a law degree, specifically in family law. We know Sarx is a SAR expert. The rest of us are just anonymous posters. Verification is a good step for those who can complete it, if offering professional expertise is important to you.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?521-Verified-Professional-and-Insider-Members

Originally Posted by rkf
Links please? TIA!

Nope. I've been sleuthing for years. Respectfully, I'm not going to spend hours going back over old newspaper articles to prove to you what I know. Either you believe me or you don't. People who have known me on here for awhile know I can always back up what I say and I don't lie.

My dad always told me to question everything until it satisfies your intellect. So, that's what most of us do here. We question everything. So Gitana is verified in family law and I also saw upthread where she works with a criminal defense attorney. I am not verified as a nurse but I am one. I was TAUGHT to question everyone, no matter their degree. When you have something wrong with your foot, you don't go see a neurologist. Go and question an authority on the foot! Just because I'm a nurse doesn't mean I know everything about nursing and the same should be said about every profession. I have seen Gitana and many others ask "Link please" "Where is this stated" etc. So I think Gitana should just say, upthread or post the link...not give some snarky answer why she doesn't have to. Good Lord. I for one do not know that Gitana doesn't lie or that she can back up her statements. None of us really know.
Why this caught my eye as I'm catching up reading is because I was asked to back up my opinion of LE negligence in my extra long post a few days ago....and I forgot a couple.

1. It was extremely negligent to let the father of a missing child take off on a 4 wheeler by himself and go out 'searching" AWAY from the other searchers.
2. It was also extemely negligent NOT to cordon off their search area!! To the degree where when they were using track dogs someone walks right in and spreads CREMAINS in the reservoir.

Agreed, lots of new things to learn on here but worth it. On the OT subject of the "Thanks" symbol ..am I the only one who very often, when I click on it, I get an error message from web page? I PM'd a mod and she didn't know and referred it to tech person.

Are you asking about the box that has a triangle in it? This is something new to me too. The only thing I have figured out is it appears after I have hit the thanks button on a number of posts. I have never counted the number of thanks, however, it isn't like just repeatedly hitting the thanks button. Once you've received it, it stops you from thanking for a time - have not figured that out either. Will be glad to hear what the tech guy says.

Are you asking about the box that has a triangle in it? This is something new to me too. The only thing I have figured out is it appears after I have hit the thanks button on a number of posts. I have never counted the number of thanks, however, it isn't like just repeatedly hitting the thanks button. Once you've received it, it stops you from thanking for a time - have not figured that out either. Will be glad to hear what the tech guy says.
The triangular icon is to alert on a post which brings it to the attention of a mod (unless it is my post LOL jk). It is located to the bottom left of every post. If you see posts against TOS (Terms Of Service) or questionable, this is the tool to use.

The thanks button has a little thumbs up and is square. I have never had a problem with too many thanks and it giving me an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member