ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new to WS and it took a while to get used to the acronyms. Google became my best friend.

Also, I would be merrily clicking Thanks when I liked someone's post. There was a time when I had to go back a few pages to check on a posting and I noticed that where I had clicked Thanks, it now said Remove Your Thanks. I thought that was an order. Lol. I removed my thanks on several posts because I thought I had done something wrong. What can I say? It was a learning curve.

Now I have to look up TPS, unless someone can give me the answer.

Thanks
OT/ (Off Topic) That is hilarious (and adorable)! If you do a search at the top right, you can find a thread or two on Websleuth's Lingo. They give you more than enough definitions to get started here. :) I would look it up and link it for you, but you should make friends with the search feature. ;)

I was just thinking about how someone happened to be disposing of human cremains in the same area and at the same time they were searching for little Deorr. It's just a rather strange and bizarre twist IMO, and especially unfortunate that it interfered with the search. Maybe I've watched too many horror movies and read too many horror stories, some unfortunately true, but I sure hope they thoroughly checked those people out.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...ack-campground-search-efforts-for-deorr-kunz/
My understanding is the woman was on the other side of the reservoir and the search had not expanded to that area yet. When the cremains were released into the air and over water, it created a wide distribution of scent over the rest of the reservoir wherever it floated back to land and across the water. I am sure they checked to find out the cremains were legit.

bbm -- For some reason, I kept thinking there was no physical evidence. I'm really glad to read this! It's felt rather hopeless with no evidence, no new information, etc.

Without adding any additional information to that article by way of opinion, hopes,or dreams, I read it to mean those are some of the services they OFFER, not necessarily the services they will be using in this case.

If sources aren't possible then where are they getting the nuggets? Making them up? Drawing their own conclusions? If the information is from a source they should say so. Otherwise we're left with nothing more than a thinly veiled editorial.

eta: Obviously they don't have to reveal their sources.
They should say so, but they don't always do it. Depends on the integrity level of the reporter and the publication I suppose. (And what I meant was naming sources not having sources. ;))

Without adding any additional information to that article by way of opinion, hopes,or dreams, I read it to mean those are some of the services they OFFER, not necessarily the services they will be using in this case.
Correct. It didn't appear to state they had evidence to test.

The triangular icon is to alert on a post which brings it to the attention of a mod (unless it is my post LOL jk). It is located to the bottom left of every post. If you see posts again TOS or questionable, this is the tool to use.

The thanks button has a little thumbs up and is square. I have never had a problem with too many thanks and it giving me an error message.

Are you asking about the box that has a triangle in it? This is something new to me too. The only thing I have figured out is it appears after I have hit the thanks button on a number of posts. I have never counted the number of thanks, however, it isn't like just repeatedly hitting the thanks button. Once you've received it, it stops you from thanking for a time - have not figured that out either. Will be glad to hear what the tech guy says.
Glad it's not just me getting these "alerts"! Like you, I thought you could only Thank/ Like so many posts on a page. Guess I'll have to go in search of tech guy now.

Actually it's not strange at all if a mountain lion took Deorr. This case is exactly like other cases when a mountain lion took the child, or in SOME cases, an adult. There's no other scenario that fits, as I see it. Before anyone dismisses the mountain lion as the predator they need to at least read everything that's been posted about mountain lions right here on WS. Of course there's much more information available as well as many more victims than we have noted but what's here is necessary reading for ANYONE who is TRULY interested in solving this case. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, in all likelihood, it's a duck!
Except the people with the most knowledge of the case, the ones collecting all the evidence, hearing all the stories, and making all the judgments as to what transpired are calling it everything except a duck. To them, it appears to be heading in the direction of a cooked goose (or geese as the case may be).

Im new to WS and it took a while to get used to the acronyms. Google became my best friend.

Also, I would be merrily clicking Thanks when I liked someone's post. There was a time when I had to go back a few pages to check on a posting and I noticed that where I had clicked Thanks, it now said Remove Your Thanks. I thought that was an order. Lol. I removed my thanks on several posts because I thought I had done something wrong. What can I say? It was a learning curve.

Now I have to look up TPS, unless someone can give me the answer.

Thanks

Are you asking about the box that has a triangle in it? This is something new to me too. The only thing I have figured out is it appears after I have hit the thanks button on a number of posts. I have never counted the number of thanks, however, it isn't like just repeatedly hitting the thanks button. Once you've received it, it stops you from thanking for a time - have not figured that out either. Will be glad to hear what the tech guy says.
Glad it's not just me getting these "alerts"! Like you, I thought you could only Thank/ Like so many posts on a page. Guess I'll have to go in search of tech guy now.

LOL! "Remove your Thanks" is there for your benefit in case you "thank" a post by mistake, or change your mind and want to remove your "un-thank" a post.

If you scroll down the forum index page, under "Resource Forum", you'll find a sub-forum called "Forum Finesse". Use "Search Forum", or scroll through the threads, to find a thread which addresses your issue. If you don't see one, go ahead and open a new thread and post your question or problem. A staff member will assist you, and other members will add their input.

There are known issues with the "thanks" feature. It works fine for most users, and others experience intermittent problems. You'll find some discussion here: Thanks button intermittently disappears

The triangle icon on the left beneath each post is the "ALERT" feature. Click that icon to report posts which violate TOS so a mod can address the problem. We really appreciate the heads up, as we can't be everywhere at all times. ;)

Also:

WEBSLEUTHS LINGO

We continue to hope and pray that our ‘lil man’ will be found soon,” Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr., DeOrr’s parents, said in a short written statement to EastIdahoNews.com.http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/parents-of-deorr-kunz-we-pray-our-lil-man-will-be-found/

What do we KNOW? Parents want baby found.. they thought abduction..LE says he doesnt think so.. LE doesnt think he is the victim of an animal..numerous people have said the area and water were searched and he just isnt there.. so what is left? Seriously?

We continue to hope and pray that our ‘lil man’ will be found soon,” Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr., DeOrr’s parents, said in a short written statement to EastIdahoNews.com.http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/parents-of-deorr-kunz-we-pray-our-lil-man-will-be-found/

What do we KNOW? Parents want baby found.. they thought abduction..LE says he doesnt think so.. LE doesnt think he is the victim of an animal..numerous people have said the area and water were searched and he just isnt there.. so what is left? Seriously?

Sounds like he wandered off in the woods and wasn't found by any of the 175+ searchers, tracking dogs, cadaver dogs, and drones or foul play. I believe those are the only other options other than maybe Big Foot or magical disappearing abilities.

snipped for brevity and BBM

1. It was extremely negligent to let the father of a missing child take off on a 4 wheeler by himself and go out 'searching" AWAY from the other searchers.
2. It was also extemely negligent NOT to cordon off their search area!! To the degree where when they were using track dogs someone walks right in and spreads CREMAINS in the reservoir.

These 2 things, combined with the failure to immediately search the campsite and any vehicle(s) for evidence, may very well prove to be critical errors if there are any arrests in this sad case. jmho

POSTED 2:47 PM, AUGUST 2, 2015
http://q13fox.com/2015/08/02/fbi-investigators-join-search-for-missing-idaho-2-year-old-deorr-kunz/

FBI investigators join search for missing Idaho 2-year-old Deorr Kunz

"Bowerman said everyone at the campsite — including the boy’s parents, great-grandfather and a family friend — is considered a person of interest in the case, but none of them are suspects."

The article is pretty much a recap of what we already know. I just thought I'd link it as it's a Seattle news outlet and it's good that Deorr's story is reaching a larger audience.

They should say so, but they don't always do it. Depends on the integrity level of the reporter and the publication I suppose. (And what I meant was naming sources not having sources. ;))

Integrity is a good word for it. If they don't have a source they shouldn't attempt to make it appear as if they do, and if they have a source they should say so (and id the source if they can). IMO it's unprofessional to include "facts" with nothing to back them up. I mean, this is Journalism 101. I read articles like that and wonder how the reporter got a job.

They went to the store and were back by 1 pm according to DK in the long interview. Just clarifying that point so it doesn't add confusion to this already confusing case.

If you were home and your baby soiled his diaper, would you immediately take it to the trash transfer station? Have you ever been camping? You kind of get into a routine with the trash, just like you do at home. You either collect all the trash and take it out with you at the end of the camping trip, or you plan daily or occasional, "trash runs" to properly dispose of your trash at one time. I'm sure they didn't think, oh we have to take that stinky diaper with us when we run to the store.

Thanks for the clarification of the time. I appreciate it. It's important and I (obviously) wasn't sure exactly when they came and went.

I am not a camper. We tried a couple of times when I was a kid, but my dad's insistence that we camp next to the river combined with his uncanny ability to plan trips that coincided with the greatest rainfall each year meant we never became great outdoors people. We did learn how to pack up our sopping wet clothes and sleeping bags and destroy a perfectly good tent in a fraction of the time it took to set up, though.

I was just thinking that if I was camping, any time I went into town, I would take whatever trash I had around - to keep the camp site neater, cleaner and fresher-smelling and also to avoid attracting predators. Someone explained that trash is sometimes hung in trees to avoid drawing predators to the area. If I was home and my 2 1/2 year-old soiled his diaper, I would immediately put it in the diaper hamper if it was cloth or the outside trash if it was disposable. By that age, the dirty diapers are pretty disgusting, so I would prefer not to have it around any longer than necessary! JMO

Thanks for the clarification of the time. I appreciate it. It's important and I (obviously) wasn't sure exactly when they came and went.

I am not a camper. We tried a couple of times when I was a kid, but my dad's insistence that we camp next to the river combined with his uncanny ability to plan trips that coincided with the greatest rainfall each year meant we never became great outdoors people. We did learn how to pack up our sopping wet clothes and sleeping bags and destroy a perfectly good tent in a fraction of the time it took to set up, though.

I was just thinking that if I was camping, any time I went into town, I would take whatever trash I had around - to keep the camp site neater, cleaner and fresher-smelling and also to avoid attracting predators. Someone explained that trash is sometimes hung in trees to avoid drawing predators to the area. If I was home and my 2 1/2 year-old soiled his diaper, I would immediately put it in the diaper hamper if it was cloth or the outside trash if it was disposable. By that age, the dirty diapers are pretty disgusting, so I would prefer not to have it around any longer than necessary! JMO

But where would you take it?

I was just thinking about how someone happened to be disposing of human cremains in the same area and at the same time they were searching for little Deorr. It's just a rather strange and bizarre twist IMO, and especially unfortunate that it interfered with the search. Maybe I've watched too many horror movies and read too many horror stories, some unfortunately true, but I sure hope they thoroughly checked those people out.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...ack-campground-search-efforts-for-deorr-kunz/

Also upsetting because it showed the total inability to keep track of who was coming and going during the search. Sounds like absolute chaos! There are 175 or so searchers, all those vehicles and someone arrives during that time and just walks over to the reservoir unnoticed? I guess it's possible the people were already camping, but I would think that might be noted in one of the MSM articles. Any chance the people who dumped the cremains in the reservoir were the older couple who was supposedly camping at the same time as the Kunz family?

Agreed, lots of new things to learn on here but worth it. On the OT subject of the "Thanks" symbol ..am I the only one who very often, when I click on it, I get an error message from web page? I PM'd a mod and she didn't know and referred it to tech person.
AND on the subject of FBI coming on board and behavior analyses being done on POI's ...would love to be a fly on wall when they study IR, if his interview is any indication of his normal behavior. lol Hope I don't get in trouble for that, but I have to find lighter moments in sad situations such as this one.

What kind of error do you get? Are you using mac, pc, iPad, phone? Tapatalk?

ITA on IR. Fascinating case study, I'll bet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks