AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They found human remains (bones) in a mineshaft in west australia just this year, and they didn't think it belonged to a prospecting couple who had gone missing just a few months earlier because they had only recovered bones. Turned out it was him. She's still missing I've no idea what could of sped up the decomposition, but maybe the heat?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-17/bones-found-in-mineshaft-are-missing-prospector/6402248

It depends on a lot of variables- season (hot or cold... extreme heat waves or extreme cold weather); dry or humidity; possible chemicals or substances used to speed up the process; open air, burial (in something or otherwise), sheltered from the elements.... the following link gives a bit of an idea of the process (it is slightly disturbing and has an actual picture of lividity and of a mummified body).

http://aboutforensics.co.uk/decomposition/

Also, remember this is a small child, not an adult; which means the process may be a lot quicker due to the smaller body mass.

I keep looking at those pink Dora track pants. They look burnt and singed to me and not just the dark areas. I have been through a major bushfire, and the clothes I left on the line and other material left outside had the same small holes and singe pattern from the embers flying and landing on the clothes and melting the area that look similar. Could the other darkness on the other clothes be ash mixed with rain? My kids still come in with ash/charcoal on them if they have climbed a tree that has burnt bark on it.

Did they try and burn the body/evidence and found out that burning a body is not that easy and requires fuel and time and draws attention, then gave up and eventually put the child and clothes in a suitcase to get rid of?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 163
What is the distance between Murray Bridge and Victorian border.
Only about 120km as the crow flies. Perhaps 200km by the main road in the direction of Melbourne. The 8 hours that's been quoted would be Murray Bridge to Melbourne which is a good distance beyond the border.

Why would the investigators think that the little girl possibly came from the area between the Murray bridge and the Victorian border specifically ?....soil samples ? seeds found with the evidence?....... any ideas on this anyone ?

The clothing looks to have a lot of frass on it. Perhaps they could get something from that.

Why would the investigators think that the little girl possibly came from the area between the Murray bridge and the Victorian border specifically ?....soil samples ? seeds found with the evidence?....... any ideas on this anyone ?

I read somewhere that Murray Bridge had several stores that sold items they found. I'll see if I can find that again.

Edit: It's on the police facebook page. But someone said some of the stores have only been around a few years in that area. But still, maybe they are looking to see where in the general vicinity the items could have been purchased? Clumping the stores?

I've been reading along with you all since the beginning - I am so impressed with the sleuthing!

I am wondering if there was a particular plant/seed/dirt etc on her clothing and by canvassing such a large area they are hoping to come across a farm/ area where that crop/dirt is found?

it sounds to me like they are very confident she's reasonably local.

EDIT - I picked up my son from school yesterday and next to the charity bin was a big suitcase with the zipper opened a little - it was full of clothes. In my mind I think the clothes belonged to this little cherub but maybe not? Maybe just the black dress and the quilt were hers.

Det-Supt Bray said police believed someone in the area had “vital information” for investigators.
He said police were investigating suggestions the girl may have lived and died in the area.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...karoonda-highway/story-fni6uo1m-1227469032374

Interesting choice of words "investigating suggestions".
Makes me assume that someone ha said something.
Otherwise, surely he'd say "investigating the theory that..."

just looking through mako files sex offenders in south australia and came across this, robert armistead was jailed but there wer four co offenders, and goodness knows how many others, and the child victims were virtually unknown to authorities, so could this little girl have been another victim from this house of horrors or a similar situation?
http://www.mako.org.au/robert-armistead.html

From today's SAPOL clip - "We're still getting reports about the man with the suitcase. We know he does exist and he remained in the area for a period of time"
This makes it sound like more than just those initial couple of women have reported seeing this man over time - seems strange that nobody in such a small town would have at spoken to him in some capacity.

Also interesting that the photos of the clothing (on a new major crime poster) on the SAPOL site now show the Dora shirt with what looks like a matching pair of shorts (I think it's a pj set myself) - the shorts seem to have just been snuck in there all of a sudden. Also the images have been digitally cleaned up a lot - the dora shirt and the jacket have had some of the staining removed so you can see the pattern more clearly on them.

just looking through mako files sex offenders in south australia and came across this, robert armistead was jailed but there wer four co offenders, and goodness knows how many others, and the child victims were virtually unknown to authorities, so could this little girl have been another victim from this house of horrors or a similar situation?
http://www.mako.org.au/robert-armistead.html

I can almost visualize that happening there from the pictures. :(

Mods, please correct me if I am wrong, I don't think that you can quote directly from FB but you can post the gist of the FB post and mark it as a rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288