CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry - :eek:fftopic: :tyou: MsJosie - I'll check out the links - my Thanks button is screwy today (again!)

No..Openings are done at each Phase and we are now at Phase 3. However..she is averaging about 3-6 objections for each witness..which ends with Brady @ sizzle bar...The need to limit poignant testimony by relatives of victims whenever they can!!

Speaking of sizzle bar whatever happened to Wild About Trial ? Is he still around on other cases ?

What time are we back from lunch? It's 2:18pm here

What time are we back from lunch? It's 2:18pm here

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 42s42 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Mr Sullivan did a beautiful job of letting us know WHO Alex was.

AMEN <<Hearts>> :-(

Lunch break until 3 PM EDT & 8PM Maisie Time :) 12 Noon PT eta~ 1PM MT sorry got EDT and MT mixed up...
Last edited by LyndyLoo; Today at 12:47 PM.

I hope I copied and pasted this correctly.

lunch break until 3pm EST, 2pm CST, 1pm MT and that is Colorado time too.

As Mr. Sullivan was testifying, I had the trial live streamed on my phone with ear buds in. I was getting a pedicure. I started to cry & couldn't stop. Unfortunately, I know the extreme pain & disbelief of suddenly loosing your grown son. I can't imagine the loss being from a horrific crime as this...that dark hole that you climb into would only be that much deeper...unimaginable. I don't know if I will be able to watch anymore of this testimony...just too hard.

I was at a dental appt....did the Judge really say that the Jury decided to fast in the previous phases?

I would think that he should not give HIS opinion on this. He should not make any opinion, his job is to make sure the rules are followed.

It is for the Jury to decide each phase not the Judge. The Jury just may be all on the same page, they do not have a 'sleeper' juror waiting to vote against everyone else, nor do they have jurors who all of a sudden cannot vote a certain way. These jurors have asked a lot of great questions and are knowledgable.

Lastly, it was the Judge, defense, and State that picked these Jurors....they decided who would be on the Jury. No one else did it.

I hope I read this wrong in a previous post. Did I?

I had the trial on and my husband heard it. He got up to look at the computer to see Sully's picture, in the few seconds the picture was already down. Oh but we can linger on pictures of Jimmy as a baby.... grrr!

For Sully's funeral, the attendance was huge. It sounds like all his teachers and coaches showed up. Compare that to only a few teachers and others showed up to help Holmes avoid death says a lot to me. If I was on the jury giving the death penalty would be hard, as Higgs tried to make people feel guilty if they vote death. But if you follow the law, IMO it has to be death. Holmes chose to kill, he did it to himself.

As Mr. Sullivan was testifying, I had the trial live streamed on my phone with ear buds in. I was getting a pedicure. I started to cry & couldn't stop. Unfortunately, I know the extreme pain & disbelief of suddenly loosing your grown son. I can't imagine the loss being from a horrific crime as this...that dark hole that you climb into would only be that much deeper...unimaginable. I don't know if I will be able to watch anymore of this testimony...just too hard.

I totally understand why..so just read along here and comments will give a sense of what those that are able to handle it are learning about each victim.

As for myself..While it is emotional..I also feel that learning about each of these victim's is important in order to understand the totality of the impact to their loved one's!! In a way..I'm doing it to honour them ..not to say I'm not shedding tears constantly!!

I think these folks are the strongest and bravest I've ever had the honour to listen to!! :heartluv::heartbeat::bowdown:

I do hope the State 'objects' to any of the defense witnesses and testimony if it so needed and not just let it slide. The State has been real nice through out about letting the defense talk and get their way. The defense just 'objects' to anything which is not fair.

If the defense has pictures they should be up only seconds like the States. It should be the same for both sides. Not happy with what I am seeing...Mr Judge...a little disappointed in him right now. JMO

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Amanda Medek is now on the stand her sister was Mikayla #theatershooting
The Gold Patrol® &#8207;@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Says they were close. They played outside as kids. &#8220;Thick as thieves&#8221;
#theatershooting

Micayla was outgoing, lots of friends growing up, grounded, grew up going to church
The Gold Patrol® &#8207;@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Says her sister was very giving, forgiving.
The Gold Patrol® &#8207;@thegoldpatrol 51s51 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Her sister was 4 years older. She taught Micayla to drive.

#theatershooting

She got in car and asked which was brake and gas. Laughs as she said she got out of the car after that question.

For any of you who have sibling mentored by you get's this!! I had an older brother who taught me to drive a gear shift!! Grinding them gears made him cringe!! LOL

#theatershooting

Got a from a call from her dad. Didn&#8217;t answer. Waited for voicemail. Listened to it.
#theatershooting

Her Dad said Micayla had been shot. She got out bed but couldn&#8217;t process it.
#theatershooting

Grabbed her clothes and went to Gateway HS.
#theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
Amanda had to identify her sisters drivers license #theatershooting

She ID&#8217;d her sister. Went into large room. 12 sets of people in chairs.

The Gold Patrol® &#8207;@thegoldpatrol 3m3 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Learned her sister was killed - 2 black cars came up. fell to floor and has hard time remembering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd